Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe a slightly bigger audience and Blackpool but I don’t see Claudias area going back to pre pandemic style and personally I personally prefer the pros sat at the tables with each other. The chaos and pratting around got really really irritating.

Some distancing on tv is here for long haul. They said on the last leg opener this year that they’re keeping the distancing thing just because if one person was infected (but not yet testing positive) it could bring down the whole show.
But if the we were going back to a full audience then wouldn't that mean the tables & chairs from the side would get taken away?

I personally wont mind seeing Claudia's area back just so we can get a full audience back in the studio; its sometimes cringey to see the celebs and pro's having to cheer extra harder when a dance is finished to make up for a lack of audience ( I know its the right thing to do it just cringes me out a bit) I'd rather a genuine watching audience there.

Reactions: 3
Maybe they could do half in the Clauditorium and half elsewhere at any point. That way, the Clauditorium isn't completely empty when a couple is being interviewed.

I know that DWTS used to have pros and celebs in different areas backstage when the couples were getting their scores but there would always be some of them on camera.

Reactions: 1
They will still want to avoid anyone spreading covid throughout the production, but unless they are super strict with couples not mixing at all (and they clearly weren't even that strict about it last year), is there much point in loads on of on-screen restrictions?

My guess is it won't be completely back to normal, but we'll have a bigger audience and hopefully Blackpool back. And probably not Tess and Claude standing a mile apart anymore. I do miss the clauditorium though and hope it's back, maybe in a slightly less chaotic form

Reactions: 5
But if the we were going back to a full audience then wouldn't that mean the tables & chairs from the side would get taken away?

I personally wont mind seeing Claudia's area back just so we can get a full audience back in the studio; its sometimes cringey to see the celebs and pro's having to cheer extra harder when a dance is finished to make up for a lack of audience ( I know its the right thing to do it just cringes me out a bit) I'd rather a genuine watching audience there.
Yeah they were sitting where the bulk of the audience had previously been. Unless they move to a bigger studio, I think it would have to be a return to the Clauditorium or the couples just go backstage after their dance

Bit of an anticlimax then, it seemed more like it was an opportunity for Katya and Luba to condemn the war and say once again that they are one big happy Strictly family, than it was about announcing the pros. It would be good to have a couple more new additions this year 🙏
Well Luba has said zero about the war (unlike Katya) so we can conclude that all those 'insider' stories were once again rubbish.

Well Luba has said zero about the war (unlike Katya) so we can conclude that all those 'insider' stories were once again rubbish.
Oh, I have just seen the clip of Katya and Luba on Morning Live where Katya disavows the Russian invasion! bonkers! and not to troll, but although Luba nods along she doesn't say anything..

Oh, I have just seen the clip of Katya and Luba on Morning Live where Katya disavows the Russian invasion! bonkers! and not to troll, but although Luba nods along she doesn't say anything..
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Luba did say something about it after Katya.

Apparently Shirley said there are some "home grown" dancers in the running to become pros, so we'll have to wait and see who the newbies will be.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Luba did say something about it after Katya.

Apparently Shirley said there are some "home grown" dancers in the running to become pros, so we'll have to wait and see who the newbies will be.
Ah ok, I didn't see that. I have been struck that Luba has said zero on her social media at all.

LadyLavender (fount of all wisdom) is convinced that Lauren Oakley (who is Gio's partner on his tour) will be the new female pro...

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Ah ok, I didn't see that. I have been struck that Luba has said zero on her social media at all.

LadyLavender (fount of all wisdom) is convinced that Lauren Oakley (who is Gio's partner on his tour) will be the new female pro...
I can’t wait for the response next year when he inevitably quits following a week 1 departure with an ex cabinet minister.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
AJ has posted a picture of her and Kai from the awards so I presume the AT will be buying their hats as this is now definitive proof that they are clearly having a secret wedding soon and are meeting up every day etc etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 14.20.45.png

Apparently there's another spoiler coming in the next 24hrs.......maybe they are announcing the new pro's already?!?!?

I can’t wait for the response next year when he inevitably quits following a week 1 departure with an ex cabinet minister.
Do you think he'll quit if he gets the dud partner this year? Kevin & Oti both did one more after winning then left but I think their circumstances were a bit different to Gio's.

Reactions: 4
i literally just saw gio in swansea last night 🤣 i’m guessing lauren is the female dancer with cropped dark hair; she was amazing.

Do you think he'll quit if he gets the dud partner this year? Kevin & Oti both did one more after winning then left but I think their circumstances were a bit different to Gio's.
I can see Gio staying for a couple of more years tbh. Kevin and Oti walked into careers after leaving, Kevin with musical theatre and Oti with television presenting.

As prejudiced as this sounds (not my own personal opinion) but unless you are from the UK, Ireland, Australia, America or South Africa AKA familiarised accents and similar ways of life to the UK then its hard to make a mainstream career in the UK. I think the likes of Gio and a lot of the other pros from the countries not mentioned can make money from tours, choreographing, judging competitions, social media and appearing in one off reality shows; but actually having a bonafide TV career after leaving strictly; I don't see it. How many italians, russians, spanish, polish do you see fronting British television? I thinks that why a lot of the pros want to stay on strictly for as long as possible and milk the cow dry as much as they can.

I think he’ll want to try and go for a double win, but could also see him losing his temper quickly without a decent partner and falling out of love with it a little. But hey, I don’t know the guy, so we’ll have to wait and see!

i could see his journey on the show being the same as kevin’s tbh. both were given consistently good partners until they won, kevin then got given annika and didn’t even try to make her look decent.

gio does seem like a generally nicer person than kevin to me though, or at least someone who would be more patient with a bad dancer, but i equally think that he’d allow himself one year of a dud before wanting to be back on track.

who do we think is going to be the new anton now?! i was convinced it would be aljaz but i have no clue now.

(all i know is, before the line-up is even announced, that i want nikita to win 🤣😍)

Reactions: 6
AJ has posted a picture of her and Kai from the awards so I presume the AT will be buying their hats as this is now definitive proof that they are clearly having a secret wedding soon and are meeting up every day etc etc.
Madness. This is the most recent, I can’t help but think surely these people are at the wind up and don’t actually believe the words they are typing?! I know we like to have a laugh at their expense but at times I actually pity them.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.