Strictly come Dancing 2022 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Out of 19 winners, there are only 5 people who don’t fit into ALL of those categories. There are possibly another 3 you could add if you were being strict on the beautiful part (Bill Bailey/Chris Hollins/Darren Gough) as they aren’t conventionally attractive but beauty is in the eye of the beholder so hard to judge that one objectively.
Alesha Dixon/Louis Smith/Mark Ramprakash/Ore Oduba are not white but tick the other characteristics. We’ve only had one person with a disability and as far as I know no LGBT winners.
The regime isn’t doing very well is it!
You miss the point. Let’s talk about Hamza, who is my favourite. It is being said on here by some posters that he has been overmarked, and he most certainly has, so add to that how popular he is. So very hard to beat. No matter what the plans are, the public has the ability to change them. Can you tell me why the judges are over marking Hamza, is it because they think he is a lovely man. Why did they not give Jayde the marks she deserved? The public decided she wasn’t very nice, we are fickle, being big headed does no-one any favours .But I admire your interest in Strictly, and your knowledge of the contestants. However, I believe there has been more than one contestant with a disability.

Reactions: 2
If we are considering Hamza has knee issues, and is struggling, he could withdraw before the final, it gets more intense from here. He’s not so ego driven as to want to win at all costs, he wouldn’t want to let Jowita down but I don’t get massive competitive nature from him. Then it’s a free for all…

Reactions: 9
I agree. That was cruel. Helens confidence needs building up, not knocking down. It was what he said as well, about personality "you brought that, if nothing else" or something along those lines.
There was absolutely no need for that comment from Craig. There's lots of ways of saying something, and that was totally unnecessary. It will probably have the effect of pushing votes her way though, I guess.

Anton had calmed down a bit since Blackpool, well mostly 😁, and actually gave proper feedback to some of them, re flaws that he saw. But both he and Craig had criticised Hamza, then turned around and gave him scores that didn't match their words. I don't understand when that happens.

I know it's been said Johannes over danced but I couldn't take my eyes off him. 😁
I usually fast forward through the talky bits but with the shorter programme last night, I listened to most of them. Will's constant talk about his 'kids' - I actually muted him in the end.

Reactions: 8
You miss the point. Let’s talk about Hamza, who is my favourite. It is being said on here by some posters that he has been overmarked, and he most certainly has, so add to that how popular he is. So very hard to beat. No matter what the plans are, the public has the ability to change them. Can you tell me why the judges are over marking Hamza, is it because they think he is a lovely man. Why did they not give Jayde the marks she deserved? The public decided she wasn’t very nice, we are fickle, being big headed does no-one any favours .But I admire your interest in Strictly, and your knowledge of the contestants. However, I believe there has been more than one contestant with a disability.
Do you believe Jayde was undermarked? The judges overmarked her from the beginning in my opinion, she learned very little technique and walked around.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
…… but what does any of this mean in a strictly come dancing context? that’s a lot of words to not say very much really. are you implying that hamza is getting high marks because the bbc want a poc to win because to believe that is to ignore the sometimes harsh comments that fleur, tyler and molly have all received in this series so far. i fully agree that hamza has received scores that don’t reflect the dance, especially last night, but the idea that this is some kind of sinister plot to have a “minority” win makes no sense. the judges just play favourites sometimes.

but i guess i’ve been absorbed into the regime 🤣 can someone help me out of it please? i’m meant to be going out for dinner at 2 😭
Thank you for your reply. Comments like mine are often regarded as sinister plots or conspiracy theories. That is how they are sidelined. I am the not-quite geriatric generation, so I can see the manipulation of the masses very clearly. It started with store cards. If you use one, you have been successfully absorbed. 😂 I have replied to someone else regarding the context in Strictly, I won’t bore everyone.

• Haha
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
i think they meant one winner with a disability, we’ve had numerous contestants with disabilities, a lot of whom (jonny peacock for one) received criticism and low-ish marks. what marks do you think jayde deserved?

the over marking of hamza has (imo) only been in the last three weeks, before this he received scores which suited the routines. that tracks with us seeing more of his personality and (in motsi’s case especially) judges and the public becoming more fond of him. that always happens on this show as the weeks go on because we get to know them all more (look at kym for another example). this does mean we get into you’re my favourite! and look at his little face! territory but is really nothing more sinister than both judges and public becoming more attached to someone who seems a nice and gentle man. i wish you actually would say what you’re trying to imply here.

Thank you for your reply. There is no sinister plot, though comments like mine are often regarded as that or conspiracy theories. That is how they are sidelined. I am the not-quite geriatric generation, so I can see the manipulation of the masses very clearly. It started with store cards. If you use one, you have been successfully absorbed. 😂
am i still in the strictly come dancing thread 🤣

Reactions: 4
Ok, obviously we’re never going to get this level of skill on Strictly but I’d love it if they moved away from ATs that are just pure tension and forced “raw sex”, and made them a bit more dynamic. They’re almost always one note. This one is sooo elegant and effortless.
This is great!

Reactions: 3
I don't think anybody here would dare call Jayde fat so why is it okay to call Hamza fat?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh like Helen? (and Will - not 'beautiful' but certainly deemed attractive). That woke BBC!

Anyway, as I was saying, the rumba involves a figure of 8 action with the hips, preferably in high-waisted trousers..
Thank you for your reply.

I don't think anybody here would dare call Jayde fat so why is it okay to call Hamza fat?
Are you telling me she would not have received high marks from the judges had she been Helen, for example ? Or been given the compliment from Shirley that she was an outstanding dancer ? As for daring to say Jayde was fat, and not Hamza, I think we all know the answer to that one.

Reactions: 1
This is an opinion that you will be criticised and insulted for, because I was. The BBC in particular are very keen not to be seen as racist or homophobic, or any of the other things that are open to attack. Perhaps the word woke is considered old fashioned now, but the idea of it is still there, alive and well in the board room. Those who do not believe in box-ticking are living in a very naive world. I too couldn’t care less about the ethnicity, sexuality, religion, or body shape, if they are marked fairly. But it is obvious they are not. It is an insult not only to the viewers, but to the contestant themselves. I was told that this was not a competition, merely entertainment. Though having judges give marks seems to indicate it is a competition. Suddenly it seems, that now we are approaching the final, that opinion has now changed, and there are cries of “not fair”, best dancers etc., . To sum up, it may not be that the BBC are pushing certain people to win, but they are afraid to stop them winning. The result is the same of course, the motives are different. To have a white, beautiful, slim , straight, able bodied person must be avoided if possible. Because keyboard warriors would have ammunition. Eye rollers need not respond to this, you merely show how you have been absorbed into the regime successfully. Instead of throwing insults and derisory memes or emojis please take the time to answer properly with an valid reason for your opinion.
If it was based entirely on who is the best dancer, Molly and Fleur would both be guaranteed to be in the final. They've been in multiple dance offs, while multiple less skilled white contestants have been saved from the bottom of the leaderboard by the audience. Failing to see the woke conspiracy here.

If the judges and/or producers were trying to manufacture a Molly, Fleur, Hamza and Tyler final, then why have Molly and Fleur been critiqued more harshly than others? Why is at least one of them plonked in the middle of the leaderboard nearly every week so they land in the dance off? Why does Will keep getting overmarked if they don't want any white people in the final? Why has Helen's previous experience as a tap dance teacher never been mentioned, while Molly gets stuck with a VT about stage school every other week?

Hamza has been overmarked a few times because he's popular (same reason Will has) and the judges don't want to put the runaway winner near the bottom of the leaderboard a few weeks out from the final. I think they are being stupidly OTT obvious about it, a few points less certainly wouldn't have done him any harm, but it's not because he's black, it's because the judges marks always go up towards the end of the competition.

Now I won't pretend that executives don't take pains to avoid being accused of discrimination, and sometimes people do overreach in attempts to be seen as progressive, but I'm not seeing any unfair bias in favour of minority contestants. I think Strictly is a random chaos machine, throwing bad songs, costumes, themes, weird marking etc at everyone at random. If woke string pulling was behind it, why was Ritchie, ticking two minority boxes, completely shafted with that awful movie week theme? Why has Ellie consistently been given hideous dresses and songs, despite ticking no boxes? Why was Molly - clear finalist material - thrown under the bus with the Producer's Couple's Choice From Hell? She could easily have gone week 5 if she'd been against almost anyone other than Jayde in the dance off. Why was Tyler given all the more crowd-pleasing and easier dances early on so he was left with harder ones later when it was easier to fall into the dance off? And why give him a partner too short for him to improve much in ballroom if they wanted him in the final? Are you as outraged by Tony making it as far as he did despite clearly being the worst dancer, as you are by Hamza getting a few extra points? If the dancing ability is all that matters to you, surely you must be raging about the many times Fleur and Molly have been underscored?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don’t know why they overmarked him. But I don’t believe it was because there is a plot to get him into the final. I think they like him and he’s a fantastic dancer. Anton was possibly swayed to mark higher because of the other comments, but I think Motsi and Shirley genuinely enjoyed the dance and scored him accordingly.
I meant only one dancer with a disability has won, there have been more in the competition though.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
If we are considering Hamza has knee issues, and is struggling, he could withdraw before the final, it gets more intense from here. He’s not so ego driven as to want to win at all costs, he wouldn’t want to let Jowita down but I don’t get massive competitive nature from him. Then it’s a free for all…
Please not another sobfest pre final where one contestant has to drop out because of injury. 😩 I suspect Jowita won't blub as much as Kai though. 😭 :rolleyes: 😁

Hamza for the win, he has been a revelation this year, and so unexpected.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
*quietly leaves this here to lighten the mood*
View attachment 1763860
If it was based entirely on who is the best dancer, Molly and Fleur would both be guaranteed to be in the final. They've been in multiple dance offs, while multiple less skilled white contestants have been saved from the bottom of the leaderboard by the audience. Failing to see the woke conspiracy here.

If the judges and/or producers were trying to manufacture a Molly, Fleur, Hamza and Tyler final, then why have Molly and Fleur been critiqued more harshly than others? Why is at least one of them plonked in the middle of the leaderboard nearly every week so they land in the dance off? Why does Will keep getting overmarked if they don't want any white people in the final? Why has Helen's previous experience as a tap dance teacher never been mentioned, while Molly gets stuck with a VT about stage school every other week?

Hamza has been overmarked a few times because he's popular (same reason Will has) and the judges don't want to put the runaway winner near the bottom of the leaderboard a few weeks out from the final. I think they are being stupidly OTT obvious about it, a few points less certainly wouldn't have done him any harm, but it's not because he's black, it's because the judges marks always go up towards the end of the competition.

Now I won't pretend that executives don't take pains to avoid being accused of discrimination, and sometimes people do overreach in attempts to be seen as progressive, but I'm not seeing any unfair bias in favour of minority contestants. I think Strictly is a random chaos machine, throwing bad songs, costumes, themes, weird marking etc at everyone at random. If was woke string pulling behind it, why was Ritchie, ticking two minority boxes, completely shafted with that awful movie week theme? Why has Ellie consistently been given hideous dresses and songs, despite ticking no boxes? Why was Molly - clear finalist material - thrown under the bus with the Producer's Couple's Choice From Hell? She could easily have gone week 5 if she'd been against almost anyone other than Jayde in the dance off. Why was Tyler given all the more crowd-pleasing and easier dances early on so he was left with harder ones later when it was easier to fall into the dance off? And why give him a partner too short for him to improve much in ballroom if they wanted him in the final? Are you as outraged by Tony making it as far as he did despite clearly being the worst dancer, as you are by Hamza getting a few extra points? If the dancing ability is all that matters to you, surely you must be raging about the many times Fleur and Molly have been underscored?
I am not outraged by anything on Strictly, And Hamza is my favourite. I wasn’t interested in Tony at all, I had never heard of him. Having a jaded view of the BBC and other large corporates does not indicate I am outraged. In fact, the only time I have been a bit annoyed was when Jayde was overmarked because she was totally rubbish.

Do you believe Jayde was undermarked? The judges overmarked her from the beginning in my opinion, she learned very little technique and walked around.
Yes absolutely and for whatever reason she seemed to think all the public loved her so she bombarded us with personal stories which no doubt have been encountered sadly by many. Wonder why they gave her such license to go unchecked; appreciate she is different to most Strictly contestants but let us judge and appraise through honest representations: I ended up longing for her to go which isn’t fair either 🤫

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.