Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JCMSadie

VIP Member
Helen got me crying. My situation is too close to hers, and I'm so, so, so happy for her that this process has helped her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Right, so a fat bloke who can't really dance but eats humble pie every week and a loud mouthed woman who for weeks Shirley slated keep getting 10s and constant praise... I don't give a shit about the colour of their skin or the length of his hair neither are the best dancers but it's the principle of the BBC and their pushing minority groups to the forefront even if they're not particularly talented, and the other twat on here who called me a 'boomer' knows fuck all. I've got my opinion and I'm entitled to express it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

zeroess

I knew this would happen. They're ruining Hamza's chances with all this over-marking.

On another note, sly "box-ticking" comments are a bit dodgy (and I'm being generous). I can guarantee when they signed Hamza up for the show they weren't expecting him to make it nearly this far.

If anyone other than white contestants making it far into a show makes you uncomfortable, watch I'm A Celebrity instead.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

soccergirl

VIP Member
My goodness Hamza does one over marked dance and suddenly he's nothing but a fat black box ticker that the BBC has manipulated millions of viewers into enjoying. Could it be we are at the pointy end of the competition? This isn't DS.
Sorry but 'fat black box ticker' made me guffaw for some reason (maybe the contrast with the reality of the large, but elegant and gentle Hamza)!

Anyway, I've heard that the BBC forced Kym to get Covid last week so she can drop out and we go to a 3-person final. Helen will be removed for being white and thin, despite Molly literally shitting herself in the DO against her. Then Fleur will take out Will when her 'tribal' Foxtrot controversially scores 15s. An all-black final will result, during which Hamza will read from Chairman Mao's Little Red Book, while Fleur and Molly twerk in the background. A triumph!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

lizzolyn

VIP Member
This scoring has been mad tonight and I think the staunch Hamza fans can agree he has been overmarked tonight and for the past few weeks as well.

I like him and he will win but I feel it was a case of Shirley and Motsi brushing over any concerns about a lacklustre performance to make sure he gets through to next week. I'm very confused by all the praise he gets especially as other contestants are critiqued far harsher for smaller details.

Reactions: 35

jfletcher

VIP Member
Johannes might have a tendency to outdance his partners from time to time but he’s one of the best pros at ensuring that his partners have a great Strictly experience whatever their dance skill. You can always tell how much his partners adore him.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

soccergirl

VIP Member
[
Also, what was Shirley on when she was talking about Jowita being so amazing because of Hamza? I've only ever done Irish Dancing so don't really know much about ballroom and latin but even I can tell her feet are absolutely stunning (in a dance sense). To say to a professional that her celebrity partner was the reason for the way she danced is ridiculous. She's probably been dancing since she was 4 or 5. Also, say her name properly and if you're not sure how to say it, ask her. At least it's not just Dianne she's done it to.
It was bonkers - she said to Jowita her feet were spectacular, and her line. Then she added 'because Hamza leads it all'. But her feet woudl be spectacular no matter what! And would be far better with a pro partner, not Hamza, of course. (We saw Jowita dancing with Gio the other week - she was superb and ten times better than tonight.)
Sometimes the judges single out the pros for choreography which is fine, but to praise world champion dancers and then somehow attribute that to the celeb seems unhinged.

Reactions: 34

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Hamza himself looked like he knew the 10s weren't all that deserved. I love him and Jowita but it's very silly to give perfect scores for a clearly not perfect dance.
he looked completely baffled by them!

it’s rare that i praise anton but, credit where it’s due, his comments were absolutely correct. hamza’s leg action was bad in a dance completely based on leg action. a 10 was ridic, especially considering molly’s scores.

Reactions: 33

AbnormalFrog

Chatty Member
Hamza himself looked like he knew the 10s weren't all that deserved. I love him and Jowita but it's very silly to give perfect scores for a clearly not perfect dance.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

OtherMoon

VIP Member
My goodness Hamza does one over marked dance and suddenly he's nothing but a fat black box ticker that the BBC has manipulated millions of viewers into enjoying. Could it be we are at the pointy end of the competition? This isn't DS.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

fluffycow172

Hamza was overmarked. Even in the ridiculous scoring that goes on nowadays, that dance was 7 at best.

This has become a much worse version of what people were completely outraged about when it was Tyler. Hamza did a good salsa. Genuinely cannot remember a single one of his other dances. But from then on, the judges seem to close their eyes and pretend it is the salsa they’re watching again. His footwork was haphazard and was exactly how Anton described it. Yet he gave him one mark off “perfect”. He said only half of his body was good, so surely that should mean only half of the maximum score is possible?? He is overmarked week after week for things others would have been in the dance off for weeks ago.

Reactions: 29

jfletcher

VIP Member
JoJo made it for Ellie, thats what Richie wanted and never got from Gio.
I was thinking about Richie during Ellie’s speech. Johannes had an iconic partnership last year but there wasn’t a single moment where it felt like Ellie was standing in John’s shadow or that Johannes wasn’t giving her his all. It’s a shame Richie didn’t get the same from Giovanni.

Also my sense of time is all wrong after Strictly being on so early. It feels like it should be at least an hour later.

• Heart
Reactions: 28