Strictly come Dancing 2022 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For what it’s worth actual Argentine teachers and experts have been online saying that Hamza’s AT was outstanding, perhaps not a 10 but a definite 9.
I thought it was interesting that Motsi and Shirl rated it to highly. I think they were looking at it from the perspective of how great Hamza was at partnering Jowita and leading her around the floor, which is something maybe Anton and Craig don’t appreciate. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Ok so I’m just watching now because I was out last night.

Will - I actually really liked it, I thought he did a great job and it was a really different Charleston.

Ellie - Oh dear it was just all wrong wasn’t it?!

Molly - it was good but I have to admit I’m a bit bored of her, I always forget about her.

Fleur - I actually loved it!! Thought she was undermarked! The passion!! 😍

Hamza - I was actually not impressed at all he didn’t do much and just looked like a prop for Jowita to dance around. How can Craeg and Anton give the comments they gave and give an 8 and a 9?!?

Gorka - 🍑😩❤

Helen - when she cried my heart broke for her. I know I love him but I do think Gorka was the perfect partner for her. Definitely not her best dance but definitely not a 5!

Reactions: 11
Helen - when she cried my heart broke for her. I know I love him but I do think Gorka was the perfect partner for her. Definitely not her best dance but definitely not a 5!

I agree. That was cruel. Helens confidence needs building up, not knocking down. It was what he said as well, about personality "you brought that, if nothing else" or something along those lines.

Reactions: 7
I agree. That was cruel. Helens confidence needs building up, not knocking down. It was what he said as well, about personality "you brought that, if nothing else" or something along those lines.
I do wonder if Craig's 5 was a deliberate vote-driver for Helen? maybe I'm overthinking it, but his 4 for Ellie a few weeks ago definitely prompted people to vote for her.
and if so, the votes for Helen probably doomed Ellie this week

Reactions: 6
Ok, obviously we’re never going to get this level of skill on Strictly but I’d love it if they moved away from ATs that are just pure tension and forced “raw sex”, and made them a bit more dynamic. They’re almost always one note. This one is sooo elegant and effortless.

Reactions: 14
Right, so a fat bloke who can't really dance but eats humble pie every week and a loud mouthed woman who for weeks Shirley slated keep getting 10s and constant praise... I don't give a tit about the colour of their skin or the length of his hair neither are the best dancers but it's the principle of the BBC and their pushing minority groups to the forefront even if they're not particularly talented, and the other twit on here who called me a 'boomer' knows duck all. I've got my opinion and I'm entitled to express it.
This is an opinion that you will be criticised and insulted for, because I was. The BBC in particular are very keen not to be seen as racist or homophobic, or any of the other things that are open to attack. Perhaps the word woke is considered old fashioned now, but the idea of it is still there, alive and well in the board room. Those who do not believe in box-ticking are living in a very naive world. I too couldn’t care less about the ethnicity, sexuality, religion, or body shape, if they are marked fairly. But it is obvious they are not. It is an insult not only to the viewers, but to the contestant themselves. I was told that this was not a competition, merely entertainment. Though having judges give marks seems to indicate it is a competition. Suddenly it seems, that now we are approaching the final, that opinion has now changed, and there are cries of “not fair”, best dancers etc., . To sum up, it may not be that the BBC are pushing certain people to win, but they are afraid to stop them winning. The result is the same of course, the motives are different. To have a white, beautiful, slim , straight, able bodied person must be avoided if possible. Because keyboard warriors would have ammunition. Eye rollers need not respond to this, you merely show how you have been absorbed into the regime successfully. Instead of throwing insults and derisory memes or emojis please take the time to answer properly with an valid reason for your opinion.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
Ok, obviously we’re never going to get this level of skill on Strictly but I’d love it if they moved away from ATs that are just pure tension and forced “raw sex”, and made them a bit more dynamic. They’re almost always one note. This one is sooo elegant and effortless.
How fabulous they are. Him, I would love to dance with. The playful energy there is underrated in AT. Strictly doesn’t have the range but I bet some celebrities would enjoy that. If you took out the massive leg lifts and dramatic splits you could see them salon dancing some of that. Of course, Buenos Aires.

Reactions: 6
This is an opinion that you will be criticised and insulted for, because I was. The BBC in particular are very keen not to be seen as racist or homophobic, or any of the other things that are open to attack. Perhaps the word woke is considered old fashioned now, but the idea of it is still there, alive and well in the board room. Those who do not believe in box-ticking are living in a very naive world. I too couldn’t care less about the ethnicity, sexuality, religion, or body shape, if they are marked fairly. But it is obvious they are not. It is an insult not only to the viewers, but to the contestant themselves. I was told that this was not a competition, merely entertainment. Though having judges give marks seems to indicate it is a competition. Suddenly it seems, that now we are approaching the final, that opinion has now changed, and there are cries of “not fair”, best dancers etc., . To sum up, it may not be that the BBC are pushing certain people to win, but they are afraid to stop them winning. The result is the same of course, the motives are different. To have a white, beautiful, slim , straight, able bodied person must be avoided if possible. Because keyboard warriors would have ammunition. Eye rollers need not respond to this, you merely show how you have been absorbed into the regime successfully.
Oh like Helen? (and Will - not 'beautiful' but certainly deemed attractive). That woke BBC!

Anyway, as I was saying, the rumba involves a figure of 8 action with the hips, preferably in high-waisted trousers..

Reactions: 7
Oh like Helen? (and Will - not 'beautiful' but certainly deemed attractive). That woke BBC!

Anyway, as I was saying, the rumba involves a figure of 8 action with the hips, preferably in high-waisted trousers..
Vito had too much shirt on for me to see it properly - sort it out Vicky

• Haha
Reactions: 8
For what it’s worth actual Argentine teachers and experts have been online saying that Hamza’s AT was outstanding, perhaps not a 10 but a definite 9.
There’s a world of difference between the Strictly version of AT, which has become something of a cartoonish parody of itself, and AT as it’s danced ‘properly’ at a milonga. I have a couple of friends who are very accomplished AT dancers and are fairly well-known on the AT ‘circuit’, and they invariably have little good to say about the way AT is presented on Strictly.

That said, it’s now true of most dances on Strictly that the preferred Strictly version and how it’s danced in the dance world are very different.

Reactions: 12
This is an opinion that you will be criticised and insulted for, because I was. The BBC in particular are very keen not to be seen as racist or homophobic, or any of the other things that are open to attack. Perhaps the word woke is considered old fashioned now, but the idea of it is still there, alive and well in the board room. Those who do not believe in box-ticking are living in a very naive world. I too couldn’t care less about the ethnicity, sexuality, religion, or body shape, if they are marked fairly. But it is obvious they are not. It is an insult not only to the viewers, but to the contestant themselves. I was told that this was not a competition, merely entertainment. Though having judges give marks seems to indicate it is a competition. Suddenly it seems, that now we are approaching the final, that opinion has now changed, and there are cries of “not fair”, best dancers etc., . To sum up, it may not be that the BBC are pushing certain people to win, but they are afraid to stop them winning. The result is the same of course, the motives are different. To have a white, beautiful, slim , straight, able bodied person must be avoided if possible. Because keyboard warriors would have ammunition. Eye rollers need not respond to this, you merely show how you have been absorbed into the regime successfully. Instead of throwing insults and derisory memes or emojis please take the time to answer properly with an valid reason for your opinion.
…… but what does any of this mean in a strictly come dancing context? that’s a lot of words to not say very much really. are you implying that hamza is getting high marks because the bbc want a poc to win because to believe that is to ignore the sometimes harsh comments that fleur, tyler and molly have all received in this series so far. i fully agree that hamza has received scores that don’t reflect the dance, especially last night, but the idea that this is some kind of sinister plot to have a “minority” win makes no sense. the judges just play favourites sometimes.

but i guess i’ve been absorbed into the regime 🤣 can someone help me out of it please? i’m meant to be going out for dinner at 2 😭

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
To have a white, beautiful, slim , straight, able bodied person must be avoided if possible.
Out of 19 winners, there are only 5 people who don’t fit into ALL of those categories. There are possibly another 3 you could add if you were being strict on the beautiful part (Bill Bailey/Chris Hollins/Darren Gough) as they aren’t conventionally attractive but beauty is in the eye of the beholder so hard to judge that one objectively.
Alesha Dixon/Louis Smith/Mark Ramprakash/Ore Oduba are not white but tick the other characteristics. We’ve only had one person with a disability and as far as I know no LGBT winners.
The regime isn’t doing very well is it!

Reactions: 15
My goodness Hamza does one over marked dance and suddenly he's nothing but a fat black box ticker that the BBC has manipulated millions of viewers into enjoying. Could it be we are at the pointy end of the competition? This isn't DS.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
…… but what does any of this mean in a strictly come dancing context? that’s a lot of words to not say very much really. are you implying that hamza is getting high marks because the bbc want a poc to win because to believe that is to ignore the sometimes harsh comments that fleur, tyler and molly have all received in this series so far. i fully agree that hamza has received scores that don’t reflect the dance, especially last night, but the idea that this is some kind of sinister plot to have a “minority” win makes no sense. the judges play favourites sometimes.

but i guess i’ve been absorbed into the regime 🤣 can someone help me out of it please? i’m meant to be going out for dinner at 2 😭
I love Hamza and Jowita, but I have to agree that last night wasn’t their finest performance- although it’s interesting that people who know more about the AT than me ( ie.almost everyone) have been praising them.
All this nonsense about woke and agendas and sinister plots to promote certain ethnicities absolutely gets on my tits at the best of times, but in the context of Strictly it’s even stupider.
I do think that sometimes it can be very clear that certain couples on Strictly are being overmarked and overpraised, and you can see their victory coming from a mile away. As soon as people saw that Rose could dance she was always going to win. So do we tick that box for the BBC shamelessly rigging the contest so that someone with a disability would win? Or acknowledge that Rose and Giovanni did some beautiful dances and had a charming partnership?
It was obvious to me that Kevin from Grimsby and the Dooley creature were being overpraised and overmarked from the beginning. There was no woke agenda there as far as I can see.
For me, one of the best things about Strictly is that there’s a smorgasbord of ethnicities, ages, abilities and sexualities and nobody gives a tit about it. Unless they’re a bit weird.
I’m not sure who was ‘meant’ to win this year. I don’t think for a second that when Hamza was booked he was considered as a possible finalist, let alone a winner. Quiet, shy bloke who spends his time in the back of beyond filming wildlife isn’t very glamorous and glitzy is it?
Helen maybe? She seems lovely and she’s been doing very well - but I’m not sure that having an utter wanker for a husband is a reason for winning the glitterball on its own.
I think Fleur, is fab, am utterly baffled by the hate some people have for her, but she’s so divisive I could never see her winning.
Clearly I too have been overtaken by the woke, lefty, tofu eating mind control of a little dancing show. Shame on me.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
My goodness Hamza does one over marked dance and suddenly he's nothing but a fat black box ticker that the BBC has manipulated millions of viewers into enjoying. Could it be we are at the pointy end of the competition? This isn't DS.
Sorry but 'fat black box ticker' made me guffaw for some reason (maybe the contrast with the reality of the large, but elegant and gentle Hamza)!

Anyway, I've heard that the BBC forced Kym to get Covid last week so she can drop out and we go to a 3-person final. Helen will be removed for being white and thin, despite Molly literally shitting herself in the DO against her. Then Fleur will take out Will when her 'tribal' Foxtrot controversially scores 15s. An all-black final will result, during which Hamza will read from Chairman Mao's Little Red Book, while Fleur and Molly twerk in the background. A triumph!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Anyway, I've heard that the BBC forced Kym to get Covid last week so she can drop out and we go to a 3-person final. Helen will be removed for being white and thin, despite Molly literally shitting herself in the DO against her. Then Fleur will take out Will when her 'tribal' Foxtrot controversially scores 15s. An all-black final will result, during which Hamza will read from Chairman Mao's Little Red Book, while Fleur and Molly twerk in the background. A triumph!
this is a work of art 🤣🤣👏🏻👏🏻

I think it’s probably safe to say that the producers gauge who’s the most popular throughout the series and run with it but it’s nothing more than that.

Between the conspiracy stuff and the simmering fanwart fanwarz, it really does feel like DS light at times.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.