Strictly come Dancing 2022 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching Hamza with his strapped up knees, I’m so worried for him as the competition goes on and we get to semi finals with two dances..
What dances does he have left? Paso, the waltzes, Charltston, samba, I think.

Think they will avoid the Charleston, and one of the semi final dances will be a very gentle waltz, if Jowita is a canny lass and the producers don't force a dreadful Charleston on them (not been a vintage year for that dance at all, has it?)

Reactions: 9
Finally getting caught up.

As someone with chronic pain, I feel for Hamza - watching what he produces, knowing his knees are SO bad... it astounds me. While I agree that the AT wasn't his best dance, (everyone has a dance that doesn't agree with them 100%), I thought, considering how we saw him dragging his feet in Molly's VT and how strapped up he was in his own, he did a tremendous job. I would have scored him a 9.

I'm Just hoping his body holds out for the rest of the competition and that he doesn't have to pull out.

(Also the poster earlier who referred to him as 'a fat bloke who can't dance' WTF are you on about? Yes, we can all have our opinions, but it's an objective fact that Hamza can dance 🤷‍♀️).

I DID think I was going to get booed for saying this next bit - I'm getting bored of Gorka's arse.

But it looks like others are staring to feel the same way. Yes, it's adorable BUT when he has to constantly rely on it every week? BORING.
Fellow chronic pain sufferer 👋 I can't even get out of bed in the morning without a struggle so how he manages to dance all week is amazing! I wish I could. He must be on some good medication but obviously flags at points.

• Heart
I actually really liked Hamza's AT, okay it wasn't a 10 but I would say it was a 9. Heck Craig gave it an 8 and he did say that he loved the top half.
Honestly I wasn't expecting it to be as strong and passionate as it turned out to be. My favourite dance of the night.

Loool some of you are clearly very bitter, dislike Hamza for some reason, or are getting your knickers in a twist over Shirley's comments :D
I find this reaction to any legitimate criticism a bit tiresome. I love Hamza, but for me it wasn’t his best and I enjoyed others more. I felt he was overmarked. It’s as simple as that, I’m not bitter because I didn’t love your fave.

Reactions: 27
My views so far….I’m a big fan of Ellie Taylor, have been for years but I fear this is her week to go. The judges obviously like Molly- I think the public don’t really know her that well, and with a new pro- he doesn’t have the fan base like Gorka or Jojo have perhaps and that’s maybe why she’s been in the dance offs previously? Got to admit, I’m a big Will Mellor fan too so he can stay in as long as he wants for me, but I would love to see Helen and Gorka win. I do like Hamza and Jowita too though- I think it’s a group of dancers that are decent but nobody is a standout this year for me. Fleur won’t win as we know this voting public don’t appreciate a strong, confident woman. I didn’t like Alexandra Burke but now looking back I can see I’d probably been conditioned to believe that a chatty, strong willed, hard working, confident woman is annoying and doesn’t deserve to win!!

Reactions: 12
So as we go into the QF without Ellie and JoJo, imo we’re left with the strongest group of dancers we’ve seen at this stage in a while.

I hope Kym can come back but she’ll have to be on the mend fairly soon with the show being on Friday. I’m assuming they’d still go ahead with an elimination and just have three finalists.

Kym and Graz must be relatively popular because I feel she gets lower marks than the others. But what if she’s out of people’s minds? Or of course, she could pull off a fab dance next week and people like what they see (especially after being ill).

I think Will will have a straight run to the final - he’s getting the votes, no doubt about that. I’m less confident about both Helen and Hamza getting there after last night, however the fact they’re both through confirms their fanbase.

If it’s a 3-person final, I think Helen, Hamza and Will and if it’s a 4-person final, Molly will join them - I think she could knock any of the rest of them out in a dance-off. Molly won’t win but I worry Will might.

Reactions: 4
I find this reaction to any legitimate criticism a bit tiresome. I love Hamza, but for me it wasn’t his best and I enjoyed others more. I felt he was overmarked. It’s as simple as that, I’m not bitter because I didn’t love your fave.
Fair point, I understand and am definitely open to legitimate criticism. Just thought that some comments were very one-sided and wanted to share my opinion.
I agree it wasn't a 10 but tbh I think a lot of couples have been overmarked this series, not just Hamza. After rewatching a few times, I just don't think it was as bad as some of the comments make it out to be.

Anyway... I don't think anyone was predicting Will to top the leaderboard this week. So good on him (y)

Why can't Shirley pronounce Jowita's name properly?
Is it one of her weird power moves?
It's so disrespectful!
It’s not as if they don’t have Alan Dedicoat booming out all of the correct pronunciations every night - or can they not hear him?

It’s really ignorant and disrespectful to keep mispronouncing a colleagues name - Tess does it too. I can’t believe they don’t get it yelled in their ear either.

Reactions: 14
Fair point, I understand and am definitely open to legitimate criticism. Just thought that some comments were very one-sided and wanted to share my opinion.
I agree it wasn't a 10 but tbh I think a lot of couples have been overmarked this series, not just Hamza. After rewatching a few times, I just don't think it was as bad as some of the comments make it out to be.

Anyway... I don't think anyone was predicting Will to top the leaderboard this week. So good on him (y)
And absolutely share that opinion, honestly. I was a Rose and Gio fan last year and loved them but also got how others enjoyed them less/found certain aspects of them annoying even though I felt defensive at times. It all starts getting a bit more serious at this point in the competition so the daggers come out 😆

Reactions: 5
Relieved Helen is through, I hope she has a great dance next week
So as we go into the QF without Ellie and JoJo, imo we’re left with the strongest group of dancers we’ve seen at this stage in a while.

I hope Kym can come back but she’ll have to be on the mend fairly soon with the show being on Friday. I’m assuming they’d still go ahead with an elimination and just have three finalists.

Kym and Graz must be relatively popular because I feel she gets lower marks than the others. But what if she’s out of people’s minds? Or of course, she could pull off a fab dance next week and people like what they see (especially after being ill).

I think Will will have a straight run to the final - he’s getting the votes, no doubt about that. I’m less confident about both Helen and Hamza getting there after last night, however the fact they’re both through confirms their fanbase.

If it’s a 3-person final, I think Helen, Hamza and Will and if it’s a 4-person final, Molly will join them - I think she could knock any of the rest of them out in a dance-off. Molly won’t win but I worry Will might.
Interesting you don’t mention Fleur! I wonder if Will is as popular as he thinks he is… I feel frustrated for Fleur again as she didn’t deserve to be in the B2 but I wonder if people thought she was safe because she’s coming off the back of a 40?

Fleur got the sharp end of the stick again, she went from overmarked doing what she wanted couples choice, to being really picked at on a technical dance. Even Motsi was being really critical. Felt under marked this week, but not as badly as Molly. Gave her a vote as I really enjoyed her tango, so much actual dancing and very little faffin abaht.

Helen appears to have a great case of stage fright and freezing in front of the audience, all her rehearsal footage looks amazing and she visibly stiffens up when they get on stage. I am over Gorka tarting about but o also think he’s trying to make her laugh.

Relieved Helen is through, I hope she has a great dance next week

Interesting you don’t mention Fleur! I wonder if Will is as popular as he thinks he is… I feel frustrated for Fleur again as she didn’t deserve to be in the B2 but I wonder if people thought she was safe because she’s coming off the back of a 40?
I don’t think Fleur will make the final - she needs high scores from the Judges to get through (last night confirmed there aren’t many people voting for her). I think there will be a Molly and Fleur dance off next week and I think Molly could knock any of the remaining dancers out, including Fleur.

There wasn’t a nefarious reason for not mentioning Fleur.

Will wouldn’t have needed many votes to get through last night but on weeks he’s had lower scores, he’s dodged the dance off. I don’t know who’s voting for him but even at Peak Mardiness he’s through.

Reactions: 2
Tess & Motsi dressed from the "last chance to buy" rail of New Look.
Tattlers, You can keep your puby Vito and gyrating Gorka, my love is Clive Myrie.

Will - very un charleston, but with the given odd song, they made it work. (He'll be voted out now the public have seen the real age of his connoted little children).

Molly - fab and her outfit looked better than on Thursday when it looked like an extra from flash gordon

Ellie - much much better than I had expected, but she's not in the same calibre as the rest, so time's up (Tyler should have stayed - without Diane). Outrageously unglamorous outfit

Hamza - aargh wtf was that leg move? Like a toddler trying to climb up the leg of his mummy and struggling.
Jowita was distracting (maybe the contrasting dress?) Not worthy of 9/10s. 7/8s at the most

Fleur - loved it (just not the walking walks). Her dress 😍

Helen - it started off good and then dropped, she was better out of hold. Gorka manipulating the audience (certainly the tattle crowd) with the booty. Its like Gemma is a tattle reader and instructs him "shake your arse, they'll vote you in!)

Have i missed anyone (apart from Kym). I can't remember much more of last night, going to have to watch again, was distracted by talking guests, don't even remember Claudia!

Reactions: 6

Did you say the shows on Friday? Have they moved it?

Reactions: 1
Did you say the shows on Friday? Have they moved it?
Just because of the World Cup - the QF is Friday 2 December and the SF is Sunday 11 December.

I haven’t read when the results shows will be aired, although someone on FB said the SF results show will be shown on the Monday night 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Someone pointed this out on Twitter and I didnt realise it but it seems like they don't namecheck the singers any more. Real shame, disrespectful.

Reactions: 6
For what it’s worth actual Argentine teachers and experts have been online saying that Hamza’s AT was outstanding, perhaps not a 10 but a definite 9.

Reactions: 10
Fleur got the sharp end of the stick again, she went from overmarked doing what she wanted couples choice, to being really picked at on a technical dance. Even Motsi was being really critical. Felt under marked this week, but not as badly as Molly. Gave her a vote as I really enjoyed her tango, so much actual dancing and very little faffin abaht.

Helen appears to have a great case of stage fright and freezing in front of the audience, all her rehearsal footage looks amazing and she visibly stiffens up when they get on stage. I am over Gorka tarting about but o also think he’s trying to make her laugh.
I felt like Fleur was trying so hard to show she'd master the 'rules' of rumba (which were really hammered home by Vito) that she didn't quite relax. Ironically she probably could have done with more of her natural flair, even though it was still 🔥 especially the split and the ending. Loved Claudia saying how the pro girls were loving Fleur.

Re: arses, my only lament is that the dark lighting slightly obscured the view of Vito's high-waisted trousers. I demand they get to the final and reprise this all in white.

Attachments

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.