Strictly come Dancing 2022 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Juliet comes through again 😁
Elllie's had a great run but it was her time to go. Happy for Molly that she was saved this week. With three dance offs each, a Fleur vs Molly dance off seems inevitable..

To quote a post from last week, 'Dave is an absolute charlatan'. 😠

Chain of events this week.

Dave has two moles
Dave has one mole - one has covid.
Dave posts that his mole left mobile at the hotel so result will be late - how convenient!! 😁
Someone asks how does he know this when the mole has no phone. πŸ˜„ Apparently the said mole told him before going to the show they had no phone.

Juliet posts the spoiler @22:36. Wonderful, marvellous Juliet who never seeks any praise for constantly being the first to post the result. πŸ₯³

Dave 'confirms' :rolleyes: the result from his mole at 22:48 - that is if we needed his confirmation!

That mole must have wings to get out of Elstree that early, get back to the hotel and send Dave the result. I'm not Hercule Poirot but the time line is fairly dodgy. :oops::sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I get that and I certainly don't find Helen very interesting to watch.

However, to have your partner blatantly thirstrapping to get people to vote right in front of you is very different in my eyes. It's obnoxious, really.
BIB - Same here.

I do admire the fact that she has never tried to bring her personal situation into Strictly in any way, shape or form. And it must be horrendous going through something like that, for anyone - never mind being in the public eye with people knowing far too much about your private life.

I think she is set fair to be a finalist and I think she knows that, despite the narrative from the judges, and indeed from Gorka about her lack of confidence. She works hard, that's obvious and certainly deserves her placing.

Speaking of interesting to watch - I miss Tony. And I hope is at home relaxing and watching the World Cup 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Copied from DS thread 'Background goings on ....'

POPBITCH
β€˜Ever wondered what goes on underneath the judges' desks on Strictly Come Dancing? No? Fine, but we're going to tell you anyway.

Out of sight of the cameras, the judges have individual tubs of Celebrations to graze on during filming. Last week, Motsi Mabuse was seen sneaking miniature Mars Bars to Paul Chuckle of the Chuckle Brothers who was sat behind her.
’

• Haha
Reactions: 18
No real surprise that Ellie is gone this week she was by far the worst and she'd probably admit it herself. I honestly think Kym could make it to the final if she can come back next week. Molly and Fleur's votes are too up and down it seems.

Kym won't be able to do her CC next week as it's Musicals week and they'd have to change everything for it which kind of takes away the point that it's supposed to be "their choice".

I don't know if it was a post on here or something I came across on twitter but it was the clip from Molly's VT where the cake was being brought into her and someone pointed out that it looked like Hamza was dragging one of his feet so it's possible he's carrying an injury. That doesn't take away from the fact that Motsi, Shirley and even Anton must have been on something to give that dance 9 and 10's. Anton's comments just didn't match his score.

Also, what was Shirley on when she was talking about Jowita being so amazing because of Hamza? I've only ever done Irish Dancing so don't really know much about ballroom and latin but even I can tell her feet are absolutely stunning (in a dance sense). To say to a professional that her celebrity partner was the reason for the way she danced is ridiculous. She's probably been dancing since she was 4 or 5. Also, say her name properly and if you're not sure how to say it, ask her. At least it's not just Dianne she's done it to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
[
Also, what was Shirley on when she was talking about Jowita being so amazing because of Hamza? I've only ever done Irish Dancing so don't really know much about ballroom and latin but even I can tell her feet are absolutely stunning (in a dance sense). To say to a professional that her celebrity partner was the reason for the way she danced is ridiculous. She's probably been dancing since she was 4 or 5. Also, say her name properly and if you're not sure how to say it, ask her. At least it's not just Dianne she's done it to.
It was bonkers - she said to Jowita her feet were spectacular, and her line. Then she added 'because Hamza leads it all'. But her feet woudl be spectacular no matter what! And would be far better with a pro partner, not Hamza, of course. (We saw Jowita dancing with Gio the other week - she was superb and ten times better than tonight.)
Sometimes the judges single out the pros for choreography which is fine, but to praise world champion dancers and then somehow attribute that to the celeb seems unhinged.

Reactions: 34

However, to have your partner blatantly thirstrapping to get people to vote right in front of you is very different in my eyes. It's obnoxious, really.
It looks a bit like β€œif you can’t beat em, join em”. He’s been on the show long enough to see many a couple using unfortunate life events as a ploy to get votes and I think Helen’s made it clear she doesn’t want to speak about her personal stuff. I can see why he does it but I agree, if it’s not fair for anyone to do an extra bit of campaigning then it has to be the same for them πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Reactions: 4
It was bonkers - she said to Jowita her feet were spectacular, and her line. Then she added 'because Hamza leads it all'. But her feet woudl be spectacular no matter what! And would be far better with a pro partner, not Hamza, of course. (We saw Jowita dancing with Gio the other week - she was superb and ten times better than tonight.)
Sometimes the judges single out the pros for choreography which is fine, but to praise world champion dancers and then somehow attribute that to the celeb seems unhinged.
I get that Shirley had legend status when she was a dancer but I swear she has something against some of the female pros for being good dancers or for getting to dance with the young male celebs. That whole thing tonight was bananas, I'd love to know what the pro dancers thought of that.

Reactions: 15
Why can't Shirley pronounce Jowita's name properly?
Is it one of her weird power moves?
It's so disrespectful!

Reactions: 12
I thought that was really peculiar on Shirley's part.

Reactions: 8
I'm gonna say it, sorry Gorka fans but Gorka acting like a tart and wiggling his bum/showing his pecs to encourage people to vote is kind of disrespectful and discouraging of Helen, like he thinks people won't vote for her.

I'd feel quite hurt if my partner did this.
Gorka
"A gust of wind blew open my shirt" :unsure:
new1.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

I’m with you on this. A couple of times was mildly amusing, but it’s coming across as rather desperate now.

To quote a post from last week, 'Dave is an absolute charlatan'. 😠

Chain of events this week.

Dave has two moles
Dave has one mole - one has covid.
Dave posts that his mole left mobile at the hotel so result will be late - how convenient!! 😁
Someone asks how does he know this when the mole has no phone. πŸ˜„ Apparently the said mole told him before going to the show they had no phone.

Juliet posts the spoiler @22:36. Wonderful, marvellous Juliet who never seeks any praise for constantly being the first to post the result. πŸ₯³

Dave 'confirms' :rolleyes: the result from his mole at 22:48 - that is if we needed his confirmation!

That mole must have wings to get out of Elstree that early, get back to the hotel and send Dave the result. I'm not Hercule Poirot but the time line is fairly dodgy. :oops::sneaky:
Thank you for this excellent timeline. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

I like to remind the world on a weekly basis that Dave Thorp is an absolute charlatan, and he has been since he started by stealing the spoiler from Monaogg on DS. He’s utterly shameless.

Also, this sounds like something that requires medical attention:

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Caught up really late last night, am I the only one who actually enjoyed it all πŸ˜‚ much better than last week.
Will is definitely going to live to fight another day, regrettably. Don't worry though if he doesn't his kids are there to make sure he's alright πŸ‘
Quite liked Hamza, he's got bad knees which I can sympathize with as I have RA and it's agony. Surprised he can even dance tbh.
Fleur and Vito was πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ I love how Vito is so sensual but then returns to bring an absolute goofball afterwards.
Liked Molly, feel bad for the girl being in the dance off so much but will probably be there again.
Helen was neither here or there. Okay but 🀷
Think Ellie and Molly in the dance off even though I love JoJo 😭

Reactions: 11
Hamza - I'm pretty sure there were more flicky leggy bits in the rehearsal footage, so I'm wondering if they had to take them out because of his knees? I did think it would probably be a struggle for him. It's tricky to mark a male celeb AT because the female is supposed to be drawing the attention and doing most of the work, so you can't really criticise too much for that, but on the other hand it's not fair to just get automatic high marks for dragging and throwing your pro around. But it definitely shouldn't have been 10s. 8/9s at most.

Will - It was weird. I guess it wasn't bad but I have no desire to watch it again. Felt there were a couple of messy moments that should also have precluded 10s.

Helen - Once again I had to watch it about 4 times before I could even force myself to notice her! πŸ˜‚ That middle bit where she was on her own was awful and I'm pretty sure out of time? Gorka overdancing. (Not that I'm complaining.) Poor Gorks. Despite his best efforts to nab the glitterball with his magnificent arse, I'm 95% sure it's futile, unless he knocks Hamza down the stairs with it! πŸ˜‚ Anyway Helen was ok, better than her Salsa, but Latin is not her friend.

Fleur - Good, but I think the footwork wasn't quite there unfortunately. I still think she was slightly underscored, or at least in relation to the ones who were overscored. Some of her movements seemed a bit too sharp and spiky, but it wasn't a simple routine. She should have been higher or at least equal to Hamza, and Molly should have been top. Grr.

Molly - Fuming that she was underscored. Only flaw I could see in it was her Tango face acting, but if Motsi and Shirley could give Hamza and Will 10's, they bloody should have given them to Molly too. Great, interesting choreography from Carlos too, thankfully redeeming himself from that awful Jive.

Ellie - Slow, and obvious struggles with the kicking and flicking (poor thing's legs are just too long) but a good effort. I mean it obviously had problems but I still liked it better than Molly's last week. JoJo overdancing again.

Ideally I'd send Will out but I guess that's not happening. :cautious:

Sad to see Ellie go before Musicals Week, (though at least her Couple's Choice was pretty musical theater-y) but thank god the dreaded Molly vs Fleur dance-off didn't happen. I'm glad Ellie got to go out on a reasonably high note (as I imagine her other two options of Salsa and Samba would have been pretty disastrous.) Bloody Will still probably gonna beat one of Molly/Fleur to the final though... :rolleyes:

Reactions: 11
Finally getting caught up.

As someone with chronic pain, I feel for Hamza - watching what he produces, knowing his knees are SO bad... it astounds me. While I agree that the AT wasn't his best dance, (everyone has a dance that doesn't agree with them 100%), I thought, considering how we saw him dragging his feet in Molly's VT and how strapped up he was in his own, he did a tremendous job. I would have scored him a 9.

I'm Just hoping his body holds out for the rest of the competition and that he doesn't have to pull out.

(Also the poster earlier who referred to him as 'a fat bloke who can't dance' WTF are you on about? Yes, we can all have our opinions, but it's an objective fact that Hamza can dance πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ).

I DID think I was going to get booed for saying this next bit - I'm getting bored of Gorka's arse.

But it looks like others are staring to feel the same way. Yes, it's adorable BUT when he has to constantly rely on it every week? BORING.

Reactions: 12
I could never get bored of Gorka's arse. It's always a welcome sight and it brightens my evening whenever it makes an appearance πŸ˜ƒ

Also, I thought the arse/chest flashing was in keeping with the high camp of the routine, and he still gave Helen plenty of tricky stuff to do to balance it out (some of which she didn't quite manage but she gave it a bloody good go).

I've moaned about this before but the X-Factorisation of Strictly means a lot of the camp, fun stuff has fallen by the wayside a bit, so I very much appreciated the silly vibe of that samba πŸ˜†

Reactions: 9
I'm gonna say it, sorry Gorka fans but Gorka acting like a tart and wiggling his bum/showing his pecs to encourage people to vote is kind of disrespectful and discouraging of Helen, like he thinks people won't vote for her.

I'd feel quite hurt if my partner did this.
I see what you're saying, but I don't think he's doing it because he thinks she's in danger of going out for lack of votes. I think he knows she's getting to the final no matter what (because of her crappy husband, lbr) but at the moment unlikely to win. I think he's just trying to force her out of her shell and be more fun, confident, sexy, cheeky etc by overcompensating himself, in the (most likely vain) hope of pipping Hamza to the post. I notice she almost always looks better (and happier) in the camera block than on the night, so I think he's frustrated that she keeps stiffening up and performing worse in front of the live audience. Doesn't seem to be working though, so perhaps he should try a different tack.

Reactions: 7
Watching Hamza with his strapped up knees, I’m so worried for him as the competition goes on and we get to semi finals with two dances..

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Not to be ignorant but you'd imagine his knees would be getting some relief from the vast amount of weight he has lost? They must be weak from the years of carrying the excess weight. (No body shaming, just a genuine observation)

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.