Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s your opinion, which is fine. However the last part of your post is something that happens very commonly, people are ignorant and just don’t care tbh. Edited to say I replied to the wrong post, but you get what I mean.
Yeah, white privilege means that a lot of people just don't see it as a problem or even know it's a problem.

I don't think anybody believes Dianne is actively racist. 🙄

Reactions: 1
Yeah, white privilege means that a lot of people just don't see it as a problem or even know it's a problem.

I don't think anybody believes Dianne is actively racist. 🙄
I don’t think she’s actively racist but I do think she can be quite ignorant. Shown in this video and the stunt she pulled in 2020 after George Floyd’s death.

Reactions: 2
I don’t think she’s actively racist but I do think she can be quite ignorant. Shown in this video and the stunt she pulled in 2020 after George Floyd’s death.
The only bright thing about her seems to be her hair colour, so her ignorance doesn't exactly surprise me. What did she do in 2020 again?

That’s your opinion, which is fine. However the last part of your post is something that happens very commonly, people are ignorant and just don’t care tbh. Edited to say I replied to the wrong post, but you get what I mean.
FWIW, I agree with you that saying she couldn't have done it because she has black friends is silly. She definitely could have done it out of ignorance.

It's worth pointing out that Australia has a very small population of African/African-descended people, and most moved here within the last 10-15 years. I'm around the same age as Dianne, and when I was a kid I could have counted on the fingers of one hand the number of black people I'd ever seen in my life. Seen, like for 2 seconds on the street, not met. The word would not have anything approaching the same amount of impact here as in the UK or especially America. Obviously we all know it's bad, and not to say it, but quite a lot of people probably wouldn't think much of singing it in a song unless specifically told not to.

I remember in middle school, people awkwardly asking POC classmates if it was OK to sing, and them shrugging and saying they thought it was probably alright. Obviously, massive cringe to look back at the ridiculous image of a bunch of white kids nodding sagely as South-East Asian and Pacific Islander kids tell us the n-word is probably ok for us to say so long as it's in a song. 🤦‍♀️

If she did do it, it could simply have been force of habit she hadn't broken yet. She comes from a way smaller town than I do, so it's very likely she also had never met a black person until she was an adult.

Reactions: 4
The only bright thing about her seems to be her hair colour, so her ignorance doesn't exactly surprise me. What did she do in 2020 again?
Yeah she’s definitely not the brightest is she. She posted this and I remember actually laughing out loud 😂 Again I don’t think she’s racist but just very ignorant & privileged. I know these pros/other celebs don’t have to post about issues that are happening in the world but it was disappointing that Dianne didn’t post about Sarah Everard at the time considering she previously lived close to where it happened. Anyways no point in discussing this as I know her die hard cult will find these posts and flock in their hundreds 😂

FWIW, I agree with you that saying she couldn't have done it because she has black friends is silly. She definitely could have done it out of ignorance.

It's worth pointing out that Australia has a very small population of African/African-descended people, and most moved here within the last 10-15 years. I'm around the same age as Dianne, and when I was a kid I could have counted on the fingers of one hand the number of black people I'd ever seen in my life. Seen, like for 2 seconds on the street, not met. The word would not have anything approaching the same amount of impact here as in the UK or especially America. Obviously we all know it's bad, and not to say it, but quite a lot of people probably wouldn't think much of singing it in a song unless specifically told not to.

I remember in middle school, people awkwardly asking POC classmates if it was OK to sing, and them shrugging and saying they thought it was probably alright. Obviously, massive cringe to look back at the ridiculous image of a bunch of white kids nodding sagely as South-East Asian and Pacific Islander kids tell us the n-word is probably ok for us to say so long as it's in a song. 🤦‍♀️

If she did do it, it could simply have been force of habit she hadn't broken yet. She comes from a way smaller town than I do, so it's very likely she also had never met a black person until she was an adult.
I would say fair enough if she stayed in Australia, but she left in her teens to dance and tour etc so there’s really no excuse to be acting like that a a grown woman imo. I do get the points you are making though!

• Haha
Yeah she’s definitely not the brightest is she. She posted this and I remember actually laughing out loud 😂 Again I don’t think she’s racist but just very ignorant & privileged. I know these pros/other celebs don’t have to post about issues that are happening in the world but it was disappointing that Dianne didn’t post about Sarah Everard at the time considering she previously lived close to where it happened. Anyways no point in discussing this as I know her die hard cult will find these posts and flock in their hundreds 😂

Oh yikes re the selfie 🤣 talk about tone deaf.

And yes, we can definitely do without the Dianne defence squad landing here. *whispers* I think some of them may have found us already!

Moving on.

Anyway, I'm really glad Nikita is back and I bet Tilly is thrilled not to have to dance with Neil anymore.

Reactions: 3
Anyone been keeping up with the winners runners up of this strictly tour?
There's a thread on DS run by our pal Hyacinth Bucket, sorry LadyLav. Current tally:

Thursday 20 January
Winners: Rose & Gio Runners-up: Maisie & Kai
Friday 21 January
Winners: Rose & Gio Runners-up: John & Johannes
Saturday 22 January
Mat: Winners: Rose & Gio Runners-up: John & Johannes
Eve: Winners Rose & Gio Runners-up Maisie & Kai
Sunday 23 January
Mat: Winners Rose & Gio. Runners-up John & Johannes
Eve. Winners Rose & Gio Runners-up John & Johannes

Wonder if anyone else will get a look-in as runners-up? maybe Tilly and Nikita now he's back (though I wish they werent doing that CC)

• Haha
Reactions: 7

I would say fair enough if she stayed in Australia, but she left in her teens to dance and tour etc so there’s really no excuse to be acting like that a a grown woman imo. I do get the points you are making though!
Yep, fair enough, she definitely could have learned better by 26, but lol, she doesn't strike me as someone who thinks about things too deeply, so I wouldn't be surprised if she hadn't. (although, to play Devil's Advocate, a glance at the wiki page for Burn the Floor shows mainly European and Australian dancers, and of course, most of them white. So I can believe that simply, no one told her.)

Yikes at that photo though. 🤦‍♀️

Anyway, I'm really glad Nikita is back and I bet Tilly is thrilled not to have to dance with Neil anymore.
Same. I thought it was so weird they picked him instead of Cameron.

Last edited:

Yep, fair enough, she definitely could have learned better by 26, but lol, she doesn't strike me as someone who thinks about things too deeply, so I wouldn't be surprised if she hadn't. (although, to play Devil's Advocate, a glance at the wiki page for Burn the Floor shows mainly European and Australian dancers, and of course, most of them white. So I can believe that simply, no one told her.)

Yikes at that photo though. 🤦‍♀️
From what I remember at that time there was a #dancersagainstracism trend at that time and thats what she chose to do. I believe (along with Joe) donated money from a youtube video to the BLM charity. More than what a lot of other pro's done; its not a competition but still.

Heres the dianne thread guys:

From what I remember at that time there was a #dancersagainstracism trend at that time and thats what she chose to do. I believe (along with Joe) donated money from a youtube video to the BLM charity. More than what a lot of other pro's done; its not a competition but still.

The problem with the trend was, it made the subject the dancers and not the victims of race hate. They were making it about them. Which is why a selfie is particularly bad, it's pure virtue signalling in order to post a picture of yourself. And on a personal note, writing it in those ratty clown hair extensions gives me major ick.

Reactions: 2
The problem with the trend was, it made the subject the dancers and not the victims of race hate. They were making it about them. Which is why a selfie is particularly bad, it's pure virtue signalling in order to post a picture of yourself. And not a personal note, writing it in those ratty clown hair extensions gives me major ick.
I would say anyone just trying their best is good enough to get the word out there; like I said there were plenty other pros who did so very little themselves but of course none of this get talked about.

I don’t need the Dianne thread lol. She’s a a strictly pro therefore she can be discussed on this thread, no?

I can’t believe how much I actually love Nikita 😭 I remember people were cautious when he joined as they claimed his ballroom wasn’t great on his last show but I think he came up with some brilliant ballroom choreo for Tilly. This group of 4 has been my favourite group of new pros ever ❤

I would say anyone just trying their best is good enough to get the word out there; like I said there were plenty other pros who did so very little themselves but of course none of this get talked about.
Wrong. I voiced back in 2020 how disappointed I was with most of the pros for not speaking up. Dianne is only being discussed again now because she’s had this controversy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Only just getting caught up with the Kai/Nadiya gossip
Now... I genuinely don't care who he's dating/doing the horizontal tango with, whether it be AJ, Nadiya or Gio 😂

My biggest issue with it all is people or "fans" feeling entitled about his private life... He doesn't need to announce anything or make a statement if he doesn't want too..neither does AJ or Nadiya
(I don't mean anyone on here fyi...more the crazy DS/twitter shippers who seem to think AJ is the second coming of Christ)

Quite frankly, I hope him and Nadiya are a thing, she's absolutely gorgeous and seems really lovely, he's hot and has a great sense of humour!...and if she's having some fun after a break-up.. Good for her!

Now... Back to lurk on DS...

Reactions: 11
Only just getting caught up with the Kai/Nadiya gossip
Now... I genuinely don't care who he's dating/doing the horizontal tango with, whether it be AJ, Nadiya or Gio 😂

My biggest issue with it all is people or "fans" feeling entitled about his private life... He doesn't need to announce anything or make a statement if he doesn't want too..neither does AJ or Nadiya
(I don't mean anyone on here fyi...more the crazy DS/twitter shippers who seem to think AJ is the second coming of Christ)

Quite frankly, I hope him and Nadiya are a thing, she's absolutely gorgeous and seems really lovely, he's hot and has a great sense of humour!...and if she's having some fun after a break-up.. Good for her!

Now... Back to lurk on DS...
I just read the tour thread where that poster was giving off about Rose being overmarked and how nobody cared about Mollie King's disability. This transpired to be... dyslexia!! (no disrespect to anyone who has had to overcome the obstacles of dyslexia but it is scarcely the same as deafness or having an arm blown off!)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.