Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another year has begun, which means it's time for a new Strictly thread! Who would you like to see take part next series?

And for everyone going to this year's tour, are you ready for the return of Bruno? (I'm just picking the gifs at random now šŸ¤£)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Think itā€™s a bit early to call any celebs just yet but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if the following turned up

Mel Giedroyc and Fred Sirieix both seemed to enjoy the Xmas special and both would be great full series contestants. Assuming theyā€™re both available to commit full time.

Jermaine Jenas Iā€™ve mentioned him for last years and Iā€™m not sure on his feelings on the show but heā€™s well known from sports and regular one show appearances.

Owain Evans is being pushed by the bbc quite a lot atm maybe not a 2022 signing but a future series.

Liam Payne (Ex 1D) seems lost and without direction at the moment. Strictly would be a nice project for him to work on and more beneficial than IACGMOOH.

Reactions: 9
Liam Payne (Ex 1D) seems lost and without direction at the moment. Strictly would be a nice project for him to work on and more beneficial than IACGMOOH.
I wonder if Liam is too famous to do it. Even if his career has stalled, 1D were really quite big a decade ago and he won't need the money.

Then again, I suppose I could have said the same in 2006 about the Spice Girls and we ended up getting Emma Bunton then.

Reactions: 8
I wonder if Liam is too famous to do it. Even if his career has stalled, 1D were really quite big a decade ago and he won't need the money.

Then again, I suppose I could have said the same in 2006 about the Spice Girls and we ended up getting Emma Bunton then.
I wouldnā€™t necessarily say heā€™s ā€œtoo famousā€ not these days anyway. Heā€™s not really had much success post 1D. Most of his solo efforts havenā€™t really had much attention beyond hardcore Liam fans. He doesnā€™t seem to have the post 1D following Liam or Niall have. I just think doing something like Strictly would give him some purpose. Plus Harry Judd did strictly when mcfly were still pretty big. He just seems like an obvious and fab signing for the ex pop star position.
If he doesnā€™t do it this year heā€™ll be on in the next two/three.

Reactions: 4
I see Tilly but no Nikita
That pic is from yesterday when he was definitely not there. But it seems he may be in Amy's story today.

The Fail are trying to half-heartedly suggest a romance between Neil and Jowita, just because they went to Tesco together! (Hilariously the URL says 'mystery woman' which implies they were going to run it like that until one of the eagle-eyed journos finally realised it was Jowita!]

• Haha
they tried doing the same with dan and nadiya with the headline they were enjoying a cosy dinner together, then when you read the article half the strictly cast were also there.

Reactions: 2
I wouldnā€™t necessarily say heā€™s ā€œtoo famousā€ not these days anyway. Heā€™s not really had much success post 1D. Most of his solo efforts havenā€™t really had much attention beyond hardcore Liam fans. He doesnā€™t seem to have the post 1D following Liam or Niall have. I just think doing something like Strictly would give him some purpose. Plus Harry Judd did strictly when mcfly were still pretty big. He just seems like an obvious and fab signing for the ex pop star position.
Maybe, I do think he would be a good signing for them. Would take him as a contestant any day over another double dip like Max (or Tom, or Lee Ryan - safe to say we've not had much success with boybanders recently).

Always wondered why SCD have never cast one of the Vamps, even DOI has now. Maybe they can be an alternative if the likes of Liam turned it down.

Reactions: 3
I have a feeling we'll see Aimee Fuller, the snowboarder and presenter. She's good friends with Katya and interacts with some of the other pros.

I have a feeling we'll see Aimee Fuller, the snowboarder and presenter. She's good friends with Katya and interacts with some of the other pros.
Aimee is a good shout actually especially if she does well at the Winter Olympics (assuming sheā€™s going obviously. I think thereā€™s still doubt around the games atm.. politically and covid). Itā€™s going to be worth keeping an eye on the commonwealth games in the summer and see who does well there as potentials as well.

Maybe itā€™s just because Iā€™d love to be a contestant but even if I was Kylie Minogue famous, Iā€™d be ā€œsign me up!ā€ But I guess itā€™s down to how busy folk are too.

Liam would be a good shout because I donā€™t think he always comes across that well (going by comments Iā€™ve seen) so it would be good for him to let people see the real him rather than ā€œone of 1Dā€ or ā€œCherylā€™s baby daddyā€. And that would be a huge signing for Strictlyā€¦if his ego doesnā€™t stand in the way Iā€™d love to see this

E362BB32-3068-46F2-88C1-6898EC3E65DA.jpeg

Nikita has definitely made it

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
The S*n now have a story with a long-lens pap shot of Kai and Maisie hugging, or sorry, 'cuddling up'. And so it begins. :rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Oh no šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø. You can always count on that shitrag to stir it up
Saw that, how desperate! That man hugs everyone! Felt it was more tit stirring Maisie though, which is not on, at all. She had enough of that last year.

In the meantime, AJ has woken up in her quarantine hotel where sheā€™s stuck for 7 days, so I expect lots of insta from her, as sheā€™ll be bored out of her mind!

Reactions: 1
The S*n now have a story with a long-lens pap shot of Kai and Maisie hugging, or sorry, 'cuddling up'. And so it begins. :rolleyes:
Have to laugh at the desperation of them attempting to get a pic through a nearly impenetrable metal grid so you can barely tell who it is šŸ™„

• Haha
Have to laugh at the desperation of them attempting to get a pic through a nearly impenetrable metal grid so you can barely tell who it is šŸ™„
Itā€™s definitely him, but could be anything - itā€™s so bloody intrusive! He will really be keeping his guard up now - he did the same when he was papped hugging AJ back in week 2.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.