Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kai was really well liked on the Irish show. Loads of the cast there from 2 years ago still comment on his posts. I do feel he is a genuine guy.
He has had massive success on strictly his contract will definitely be renewed.
AJ would be embarrassed by her fans acting like she got dumped. No one knows if they were even a thing ffs.

Reactions: 10

Curious, does anyone actually feel this way? This same person tweeted that they sent a message to the bbcstrictly account asking about AJ & Kai’s relationship 😭 I actually can’t stand this, surely these people are trolling and can’t be that invested?
I do suspect the tears were probably more to do with not getting to perform in the finale himself than disappointment for her, but I might be too cynical.

I definitely don't think they were some kind of weird ship-baiting thing, it's the shippers who decided the tears were a sign of his undying adoration and devotion to her, and now they're basically saying he cheated or abruptly dumped her rather than admit they imagined it in the first place.

Reactions: 4
I wonder if he also felt a bit responsible and guilty for AJ's injury? They were obviously training very hard but her feet and ankle wouldn't have been used to the strain his could stand.

Reactions: 5
:ROFLMAO: You're not alone! I too choose to imagine that's why Aljaz looked so smug between Nadiya and Kai on the escalator. :ROFLMAO:

Yes, I thought so too. Maybe performing in front of a much larger audience has something to do with it?
Oh look and Tommy is there to serenade them. Aljaz is saying that he's got his couple's choice bondage outfit ready and Gio is already at the hotel making sure the curtains won't chafe too much afterwards.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Curious, does anyone actually feel this way? This same person tweeted that they sent a message to the bbcstrictly account asking about AJ & Kai’s relationship 😭 I actually can’t stand this, surely these people are trolling and can’t be that invested?
Wow, to actually go back and write this - it wouldn’t be great if they were saying this on a recently posted comment but to go back and seek it out is something else.

I can’t believe they’re trying to ruin him now. He was disappointed (not broken) but disappointed for both of them that it ended that way. I think the emotion was real and I don’t think he’s a sleazeball at all.

But all it takes for them to turn is him doing his job and the gutter press printing stories without any factual basis and suddenly he’s public enemy number one.

Reactions: 2
Of course he's not a sleazebag and I think his emotion was genuine. Neither do I think he was in it for the money.

This just seems like sour grapes to me. Though I do find it weird that the shippers mainly gravitate towards AJ now. I assumed they all fancied him.
The problem those shippers have is that they built up a fantasy version of Kai in their heads. It turns out most of them didn’t care about the actual Kai, a human being who makes his own choices, but just the imaginary version they had created who was rushing back to London after Christmas to look after AJ, who was absent from social media because he was spending all his free time with her and who was devastated to be dancing with Maisie on tour because he worshipped AJ as much as they do.

Now that he’s acted in a way that deviates from the way they imagined him to be, they’re turning on him.

Reactions: 15
God, at least on a forum there is some dignity as the general public is unlikely to stumble across your posts. I am sure this is a minority of fans, but it seems some who were most OTT about them being together based on back rubs or whatever are now most OTT about cancelling Kai and thinking that the world is watching this horrific debacle.
this person has a PhD!
Has this person forgotten that these are real people?

There’s no ‘recasting’ going on here — AJ is on the other side of the world with nothing to suggest that her and Kai are anything more than friends. Nadiya is conveniently around and the media are opportunists so are obviously going to push this story whether it’s true or not because they know it will get them clicks and they’ve managed to get some photos/insider ‘info’ to back it up and seem a bit credible.

Is the media institutionally racist? Definitely. But in this case they’re simply clinging to a new story with Nadiya because AJ and Kai aren’t giving them any story. If AJ was the one on tour being papped next to Kai every day I have no doubt she’d be getting the same treatment.

There’s also a ridiculous amount of delusion and fantasy going on. I don’t think Kai was enchanted by AJ any more than Gio was by Rose or Johannes was by John, and their relationships were strictly platonic. There was no ‘real life romantic fairytale’. Even if they had been a thing, it’s just two people dating and nothing more special or interesting than any other romantic relationship. Romanticising relationships between real life celebrities that you don’t know is very strange. I’m all for representation, but looking for that from the romantic relationships of real life people is just weird. They are entitled to date who they want at the end of the day.

I’ll admit ‘across nation and continent’ made me laugh because the amount of people who are aware of AJ and Kai’s Strictly partnership beyond those living in the UK is undoubtedly very slim. 🤣

What are these lot smoking? And where do I find some?!
AJ stealing the show from the audience? 😭 somehow I doubt it!

If she attends she might get a quick shout out by Kai/Janette/whoever but that’s it tbh. It’ll be a quick comment, round of applause and then they’ll move on. They have a script and show to get on with and AJ isn’t a part of the tour anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Wow, to actually go back and write this - it wouldn’t be great if they were saying this on a recently posted comment but to go back and seek it out is something else.

I can’t believe they’re trying to ruin him now. He was disappointed (not broken) but disappointed for both of them that it ended that way. I think the emotion was real and I don’t think he’s a sleazeball at all.

But all it takes for them to turn is him doing his job and the gutter press printing stories without any factual basis and suddenly he’s public enemy number one.
this is clearly a troll who has seen the recent media articles and has decided to cause trouble. for some reason they get a kick out of it and twitter seems to attract a lot of them, it's why i stay well clear of twitter. but a word of advice i wouldn't reply to them they will just enjoy the attention.

Reactions: 2
It's somewhat cynical but I certainly think think he very quickly changed his tune as soon as he won. Not many captions on stories, no continued efforts with BSL. I do think he got on well with Rose and she did help him by making him see not every woman would be attracted to him, but I'll bet he's going to come back next year extra arrogant and sleazy and god help her if he's partnered with an attractive woman as he'll be milking that showmance for all it's worth.
In fairness to Gio I don’t think this is entirely true. I usually watch his Instagram stories and I think he missed the odd one here and there but on the whole he has stuck to using captions. Just off the top of my head I remember him using them when out with Jamie Laing :sick: which was definitely well before the tour started.

As for the BSL, we don’t know for a fact that he’s not continued learning it (and before the series ended he said he had every intention to) but even if he hasn’t I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt right now. They only had about 2-3 weeks off in between the show ending and the tour starting so I’m sure he had other priorities such as celebrating the holidays, relaxing after a long 4 months of hard work, catching up with his family and parading around Italy with Kai 🤣

I think only time will tell how genuine Gio was with the deaf community and whether he actually cares. If he never uses captions again after the tour or clearly doesn’t make any efforts to learn BSL then I’ll retract what I’ve said, but I don’t think we’re at that point yet and right now I remain cautiously optimistic. I think if he’d been faking it this whole time Rose would able to see right through him and wouldn’t give him the time of day tbh.

Last edited:
this is clearly a troll who has seen the recent media articles and has decided to cause trouble. for some reason they get a kick out of it and twitter seems to attract a lot of them, it's why i stay well clear of twitter. but a word of advice i wouldn't reply to them they will just enjoy the attention.
I don’t do Twitter either but even if I did I wouldn’t reply to them. That would make me an idiot!

In fairness to Gio I don’t think this is entirely true. I usually watch his Instagram stories and I think he missed the odd one here and there but on the whole he has stuck to using captions. Just off the top of my head I remember him using them when out with Jamie Laing :sick: which was definitely well before the tour started.

As for the BSL, we don’t know for a fact that he’s not continued learning it (and before the series ended he said he had every intention to) but even if he hasn’t I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt right now. They only had about 2-3 weeks off in between the show ending and the tour starting so I’m sure he had other priorities such as celebrating the holidays, relaxing after a long 4 months of hard work, catching up with his family and parading around Italy with Kai 🤣

I think only time will tell how genuine Gio was with the deaf community and whether he actually cares. If he never uses captions again after the tour or clearly doesn’t make any efforts to learn BSL then I’ll retract what I’ve said, but I don’t think we’re at that point yet and right now I remain cautiously optimistic. I think if he’d been faking it this whole time Rose would able to see right through him and wouldn’t give him the time of day tbh.
It’s great to see Luba has been learning BSL 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It’s great to see Luba has been learning BSL 🥰
Isn’t it? 🥺 I love that Rose has been teaching her in their dressing room inbetween shows/going on stage and whatnot. It’s really nice to see Luba making that effort, I’m sure it means the world to Rose.

I did wonder how Rose would get along with everyone during those moments — I have a profoundly deaf parent and they find it hard to follow conversations and interactions especially in big groups. I’m really glad Luba is there for her to spend time with alone if she finds herself in any overwhelming social settings that she can’t really keep up with (obviously I don’t know Rose so she may not experience this, but considering she’s profoundly deaf and spending time with lots who people who don’t know BSL, I’d say it’s likely). It can be isolating and obviously Gio can’t be there with her 24/7 so I’m so glad that Luba has taken to her so much. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I can’t help it - but I am living for all the tour drama. So many rumours. I love it 😂

I wonder if they will bench Nikita this year so Cameron can get a chance of a partner?

• Angry
Reactions: 1
I wonder if they will bench Nikita this year so Cameron can get a chance of a partner?
No chance! Nikita proved himself to be pretty good and was fairly popular. I would like to see Cameron get a chance though so they could bench Neil and two women (just hopefully not Jowita and Luba).

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.