Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so glad that everybody in the kai and aj appreciation thread on ds is taking the recent news so well and not at all over reacting.
PresidentPingu is the LadyLav of that thread! Except LL stays above the gossip, while poor PP is down in the tabloid dirt.

Reactions: 4
Are people actually being serious on that thread? Do they really think Kai & Nadiya are gonna be hated for this 😭 I promise 90% of strictly viewers do not care about this and will actually probably find it cute. The remaining 10% will realise in time that it’s really not that deep 😂

Reactions: 9
Are people actually being serious on that thread? Do they really think Kai & Nadiya are gonna be hated for this 😭 I promise 90% of strictly viewers do not care about this and will actually probably find it cute. The remaining 10% will realise in time that it’s really not that deep 😂
The most ridiculous thing I saw on there were those saying the reason John and Johannes haven't posted much whilst on tour is because they disapprove of the whole situation 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I feel for the DS people - as I have said before, shipping real people is a dangerous, dangerous game. They invested so much in it.
But their narrative is now that Kai has soiled his reputation in one fell swoop by appearing to romance AJ and then moving on quickly. When the reality is that he and AJ were both probably mates who enjoyed promoting the romance as it massively helped their popularity, and most of the public will just say 'Kai and Nadiya? that's nice', and move on.
i genuinely don’t think he appeared to romance AJ at all. I don’t do Twitter or DS but there’s been a lot of chat here so I don’t think it’s just that I’ve missed it.

I also don’t believe that AJ thought something was going to happen either. I think it suited them both - maybe AJ knew Kai was seeing Nadiya and helped to throw people off the scent or maybe they decided that the “will they won’t they” would be a helpful boost.

Our resident AJ superfan hasn’t been here for a while, maybe she’ll come back and give us her hot take now it’s official

Reactions: 12
Well Kai has a type anyway.....older female dancers ......his last girlfriend was like that as well.

Reactions: 3
The most ridiculous thing I saw on there were those saying the reason John and Johannes haven't posted much whilst on tour is because they disapprove of the whole situation 😂
I saw that 😭 As if John is gonna be moving around because Kai is shagging Nadiya and not AJ, do these people actually think before they say these things or 😭 Another user on DS wrote a whole essay length conspiracy about the pictures of them kissing as well, who is that bored that they have time to do this 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I saw that 😭 As if John is gonna be moving around because Kai is shagging Nadiya and not AJ, do these people actually think before they say these things or 😭 Another user on DS wrote a whole essay length conspiracy about the pictures of them kissing as well, who is that bored that they have time to do this 😭
I just saw one who said Kai can't like Nadiya that much If they were dating during Strictly because his lips brushed against AJ's in a CHOREOGRAPHED MOVEMENT. 🤦‍♀️ Please bin these desperate weirdos.

• Haha
My god what a bunch of nuts over on DS. Yes, they were a bit silly for trying to deny it and then getting themselves caught, but all this nonsense about ruined reputations, 'grubby', 'classless' etc what are these people smoking? All Kai (and AJ, but of course she isn't considered equally to blame) did was not deny rumours. Apparently this makes him a sleazy, womanizing attention-bleep, but AJ is a poor victim who was taken in by it and had her heart broken. Hysterical. I'm sure AJ'd be thrilled to know her 'fans' think she's so braindead she let Kai seduce her while having no idea he was already seeing Nadiya. They just can't accept that KJ was never a thing.

Saying AJ should prove herself to be better than the 'whole tawdry situation' by refusing to come to the show now! Like she could care less if Kai's with Nadiya and like she wasn't the one liking the shipping tweets, it now seems just as a joke.

Some of these people are bleeping deranged! Part of me hopes AJ makes a statement calling them out for being bullying lunatics, but I suppose she's probably better off not engaging with it.

I'm not sure that Kai isn't 'Bearding' , everything about his 'relationship's' just seems very stage managed.

lol, I think I'm tapping out of the 'appreciation' thread. The delusion is scary. The world revolves around AJ apparently.

Rhys' story jokingly calling Nikita a homewrecker for dancing with Nancy - obviously a damning indictment of Kai and Nadiya's scandalous affair!
John apparently looking suicidal in the background - clearly disgusted by their heinous treatment of AJ and can't stand to be in their presence a moment longer!

Lucky Katya, they're all so fixated on branding Nadiya with a scarlet A, no one's even noticed her lasciviously rubbing her hands all over Max's hips while he was dancing with Maisie, and then dancing with Maisie herself, the shameless hussy!
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The thing I'm most impressed with is how Kai and Nadiya managed to keep it under wraps for so long! 👏👏👏 I guess the Kai and AJ rumours helped a bit in that respect

I've seen a few posts on that thread about how it's so out of order because Kai 'categorically denied' him and Nadiya were a thing - did he? Genuine question, because the only thing I saw was mention of him walking away during the press call when someone asked him about Nadiya.

Reactions: 5
I saw the pictures of Kai and Nadiya kissing. I really thought AJ and Kai/Nadiya and Dan were the potential couples so it shows you actually don't really know anything that appears to be the case on Strictly! Nadiya was so happy this series...really got on with Dan and got far in the competition whilst having the real fun with Kai! I hope AJ didn't 'like like' Kai. It did appear that she did the way she spoke about him, but Nadiya did the same in regards to Dan so 🤷🏻‍♀️. It is a bit weird that Claudia asked them to kiss as did AJ's nephew in one of the VTs. Even Kai spending time with AJ and her Mum and then AJ posting it. It's a weird narrative to agree to be a part of if you knew there wasn't anything there...

I saw the pictures of Kai and Nadiya kissing. I really thought AJ and Kai/Nadiya and Dan were the potential couples so it shows you actually don't really know anything that appears to be the case on Strictly! Nadiya was so happy this series...really got on with Dan and got far in the competition whilst having the real fun with Kai! I hope AJ didn't 'like like' Kai. It did appear that she did the way she spoke about him, but Nadiya did the same in regards to Dan so 🤷🏻‍♀️. It is a bit weird that Claudia asked them to kiss as did AJ's nephew in one of the VTs. Even Kai spending time with AJ and her Mum and then AJ posting it. It's a weird narrative to agree to be a part of if you knew there wasn't anything there...
It’s called a showmance 🤷🏻‍♀️ Happens almost every year

LL being very passive aggressive with her response.

I think it's just Gio's thing to be flirty, he's done it with most of his partners really, the only two where there was definitely nothing were Laura & Rose. For that reason, I can't visualise him being in a same-sex pairing, the ladies' man/flirty act is probably his USP.
Hmm, I think most people would say he did play it up with Rose — being very physically affectionate, saying “she’s the most beautiful thing in my life” and other things to that effect. Obviously to viewers clued into the situation (which tbf wasn’t that many as Rose’s boyfriend wasn’t mentioned or shown on the show until the final) knew nothing would likely happen because she’s taken.

Even Laura had the romance rumour with Gio at the start! I’m not even sure why as they didn’t really like each other, it seemed fully constructed by the press.

I’m pretty sure Michelle is actually Gio’s only partner who never had that speculation. Other than the ones I’ve mentioned, Georgia obviously did, people thought Debbie was in love with him, he had those completely innocent photos of him wiping food off Faye’s face that caused rumours, obviously there was a ton of speculation surrounding Ranvir… so yeah Michelle is literally the only one who never was speculated to have fallen victim to the curse with Gio 😂

I actually disagree with your last point, I think Gio would enjoy the challenge of a male partner and definitely wouldn’t shy away from anything. Plus he is clearly comfortable being affectionate with other men (just look at his bromance with Kai😅) so I think he’d do well in a same sex pairing☺

And John and Johannes. And Rose and Gio. Honestly plenty of the Strictly couples this year could’ve been perceived as being in love by an outsider unfamiliar with the show.

The thing is, the show throws the celebs and their pros into very intense, emotional circumstances (especially during covid years) where a platonic relationship can easily be mistaken for a romantic one because they’re around each other so much and form very strong bonds with each other as a result. Plus the pressure and emotional weight of the competition means they probably lean on each other a lot and have to support each other. Sure, it’s developed into romance in some instances but most of the time it just remains a unique platonic connection.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
lol, I think I'm tapping out of the 'appreciation' thread. The delusion is scary. The world revolves around AJ apparently.

Rhys' story jokingly calling Nikita a homewrecker for dancing with Nancy - obviously a damning indictment of Kai and Nadiya's scandalous affair!
John apparently looking suicidal in the background - clearly disgusted by their heinous treatment of AJ and can't stand to be in their presence a moment longer!

Lucky Katya, they're all so fixated on branding Nadiya with a scarlet A, no one's even noticed her lasciviously rubbing her hands all over Max's hips while he was dancing with Maisie, and then dancing with Maisie herself, the shameless hussy!
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Yeah the comments about John being revolted and done with the tour when he was clearly massively hungover and knackered! The bottom line is that the pros are extremely close and have known each other for years and they’re the heartbeat of the show/your. Gio is Kai’s bestie, and Nadiya is very close to Katya, Luba, Janette and others. They will rally round Kai and Nadiya even if in some way Kai had led AJ on a bit.

Reactions: 5
I’m just baffled how people get so involved in celebrities lives 🤣 surely there are other things they could be spending their time doing 🥴

My god what a bunch of nuts over on DS. Yes, they were a bit silly for trying to deny it and then getting themselves caught, but all this nonsense about ruined reputations, 'grubby', 'classless' etc what are these people smoking? All Kai (and AJ, but of course she isn't considered equally to blame) did was not deny rumours. Apparently this makes him a sleazy, womanizing attention-bleep, but AJ is a poor victim who was taken in by it and had her heart broken. Hysterical. I'm sure AJ'd be thrilled to know her 'fans' think she's so braindead she let Kai seduce her while having no idea he was already seeing Nadiya. They just can't accept that KJ was never a thing.

Saying AJ should prove herself to be better than the 'whole tawdry situation' by refusing to come to the show now! Like she could care less if Kai's with Nadiya and like she wasn't the one liking the shipping tweets, it now seems just as a joke.

Some of these people are bleeping deranged! Part of me hopes AJ makes a statement calling them out for being bullying lunatics, but I suppose she's probably better off not engaging with it.
I know everyone says it because they’re in the bubble (in the Strictly sense rather than COVID) but they said they would stay friends so I’m sure AJ will go to the show as planned, if she can. We know they kept in touch to around new year but I think these weirdos think the minute it was announced she couldn’t do the tour, Kai just cut her off from his life but that’s probably not the case at all.

I think it’s a good job for Maisie that this has happened because things seemed to be moving towards her being public enemy number one for accepting a place on the tour!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.