Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
AJ isn’t daft. She’s doing so well in her career after strictly I think she will be absolutely fine.

Reactions: 5
I’m just baffled how people get so involved in celebrities lives 🤣 surely there are other things they could be spending their time doing 🥴
This is what I struggle with tbh, there seems to be a huge over-investment. Life is disappointing enough at times without feeling angry because a situation wasn’t how you perceived in the first place. It looks like a lot of these people feel like they genuinely know who they’re invested in too, and it becomes “AJ wouldn’t do that” or “I’m so shocked at how Kai has acted” - why though? You don’t know these people, you only see parts of their lives they want you to see (unless someone leaks things to the press)

These folk have no right to act so indignant on AJ’s behalf. Even if she put something on social media saying “I’m so happy for them, they make a lovely couple” they would think AJ has been forced to do it by Kai or Nasty Nadiya! I’m torn between feeling sorry for them and being annoyed/disgusted with them

Reactions: 10
Sorry, came off the thread because I felt every convo was going round in circles. I was correct in saying Kaidiya was a thing, and that him and AJ had friendzoned by the final. Not much else to add, apart from him and Nadiya have not handled it very well. It’s overshadowing his show partnership with Maisie, and I feel for her ( as she’s a great dancer and seems a lovely girl). I can see AJ is enjoying life working, and assume she’s still friends with Kai, as still liking his posts ( and Nadiyas), so still hoping she’ll come and see the tour. I’m hoping that they manage to do the showdance at some point , as he did promise they’d dance again soon in his tour withdrawal post, I hope this latest stuff doesn’t mess that up.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Sorry, came off the thread because I felt every convo was going round in circles. I was correct in saying Kaidiya was a thing, and that him and AJ had friendzoned by the final. Not much else to add, apart from him and Nadiya have not handled it very well. It’s overshadowing his show partnership with Maisie, and I feel for her ( as she’s a great dancer and seems a lovely girl). I can see AJ is enjoying life working, and assume she’s still friends with Kai, as still liking his posts ( and Nadiyas), so still hoping she’ll come and see the tour. I’m hoping that they manage to do the showdance at some point , as he did promise they’d dance again soon in his tour withdrawal post, I hope this latest stuff doesn’t mess that up.
I can’t imagine his relationship with Nadiya would stop them dancing together if AJ was fit and able to/they both wanted to - loads of the strictly pros/celebs are in other relationships.

Reactions: 8
I don’t see how it’s overshadowing Maisie? I’ve said it before but 99% of strictly viewers do not care about what the pros get up to in their personal lives. I’ve actually seen the majority of people on facebook and twitter etc saying they are happy for Kai & Nadiya. The only people that are angry and think it’s going to have any significant impact are fans of AJ and they need to chill because everyone still loves Kai after his incredible first series and they need to accept that.

Gio is in a showmance situation almost every year and it’s not once had any impact on his partner so people just need to get over it.

Reactions: 11
I'm not sure that Kai isn't 'Bearding' , everything about his 'relationship's' just seems very stage managed.
Do they? I've often thought that about Gio and his weird, plastic 3 month minute-long relationships, but I'm not sure what seems fake or stage managed about Kai's. Wasn't he with Giulia Dotta for 5 or 6 years, without a ton of social media or PR stuff about it?

And for that matter, why would Nadiya go along with it? People are already accusing her of cheating on her ex-fiance, being a bad mother etc. If she wanted to get publicity with a bearding contract, you'd think she'd go for someone that doesn't invite so much criticism towards her.

Last edited:
You were the one who kept bringing it up!! This thread was fast becoming an AJ Odudu echo chamber and people were starting to disagree with what you said.

The only thing I can add to what you’ve said is, congrats on getting it right and Kai and Nadiya don’t owe anyone anything. This is the problem, people - in my opinion - overreacting and demanding official statements and things be played out the way they want them to. If you were walking down the street and some random came up to you and commented on the way you live your life, you wouldn’t be happy. This is exactly what this is akin to for me.

You have no idea how AJ feels about it and if she has any common sense, nobody will ever know.

Reactions: 13
I think you had a pretty sensible take on it. And hopefully even the hardcore shippers will see that this is probably not Kai's 'fault'. The only thing that would make him a cad would if it turned out him and Nadiya were together all along and he'd led AJ on. But that seems so unlikely as presumably she would have known from the SCD set. It does seem weird that K and N are on the cover of the S*n - but unlike the shippers I believe this is good publicity for him.

I can’t help it - Kai & Nadiya are very cute and I hope she’s happy post-breakup! I really warmed to her this series.

John was mentioned a page or two back - I think he’s just exhausted. He’s been travelling back & forth for the tour and the TV show he’s on and I imagine it takes it’s toll after a few days.

Reactions: 10
I can’t help it - Kai & Nadiya are very cute and I hope she’s happy post-breakup! I really warmed to her this series.

John was mentioned a page or two back - I think he’s just exhausted. He’s been travelling back & forth for the tour and the TV show he’s on and I imagine it takes it’s toll after a few days.
Agree re John. He's also quite introverted so all the craziness and noise maybe gets a bit much.

Reactions: 7
Agree re John. He's also quite introverted so all the craziness and noise maybe gets a bit much.
It does look pretty juvenile backstage, and I think he’s really not into all the table tennis and stuff! It’s a very punishing tour schedule, even for the pros ( although the pro tour looks even worse, if Kaidiya survives that then good luck to them!)

Reactions: 3
I think it's nice to see Rhys having fun on the tour though. He seemed to take his time on Strictly very seriously so I imagine having no pressure and going on a big jolly suits him much better.

Reactions: 12
John has basically been working non-stop on Strictly since early September, with only a couple of weeks off at Xmas, while also still doing presenting etc. He must be physically exhausted, as well as the whole emotional pressure of the show run. I am sure he's enjoying the tour as he's been partying with the others, but no wonder he might want a bit of a break, and to escape the mayhem now and then. Johannes hasn't been seen much either, but maybe he just likes to keep himself to himself and rest when they are not performing (Gio also hasn't been seen much in videos).

Reactions: 4
I read Caroline Flack’s book a couple of years ago and she talked about how much she didn’t enjoy the tour. She was struggling with her mental health anyway but she didn’t enjoy doing the same routines over and over again. Some celebrities seem to love it and the way it keeps their Strictly journey going for a couple more months but it’s not for everyone. I can see John being exhausted and not loving how repetitive yet demanding the tour is. Though I think they’ll all perk up next weekend in Glasgow when the end of the tour is in sight.

Reading the AJ/Kai thread on DS has been very entertaining this morning. It shows what happens when overinvested shippers have their daydreams shattered. Apparently Kai’s behaviour is grubby and tacky and his Strictly career will never recover 😬 So much for appreciating Kai!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I read Caroline Flack’s book a couple of years ago and she talked about how much she didn’t enjoy the tour. She was struggling with her mental health anyway but she didn’t enjoy doing the same routines over and over again. Some celebrities seem to love it and the way it keeps their Strictly journey going for a couple more months but it’s not for everyone. I can see John being exhausted and not loving how repetitive yet demanding the tour is. Though I think they’ll all perk up next weekend in Glasgow when the end of the tour is in sight.

Reading the AJ/Kai thread on DS has been very entertaining this morning. It shows what happens when overinvested shippers have their daydreams shattered. Apparently Kai’s behaviour is grubby and tacky and his Strictly career will never recover 😬 So much for appreciating Kai!
Just saw one saying Nadiya chose Kai because she thought he'd be a good step dad. 🤦‍♀️ What on earth are they smoking (whatever it is, they're really blowing it up AJ's arse).

• Haha
long term lurker and DS member here making the jump over to the dark side so I don’t have to listen to any more trash about how poor AJ has been so badly mistreated by demon Kai and his 32 year old ‘hag’ 🙄 give me strength

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.