Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All the buzz about AJ is hilarious when she wasn't even in the top 3 best females of her own series. :LOL:

(Both her and Sara were good at Ballroom and bad at Latin, Rose was easily better and Tilly was much cleaner)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
All the buzz about AJ is hilarious when she wasn't even in the top 3 best females of her own series. :LOL:

(Both her and Sara were good at Ballroom and bad at Latin, Rose was easily better and Tilly was much cleaner)
I dunno, I'd say Rose, Sara and AJ were the top three but Tilly had some great dances with real charm.

Reactions: 2
I dunno, I'd say Rose, Sara and AJ were the top three but Tilly had some great dances with real charm.
I preferred Tilly to Sara to be honest. Sara was good but some of her dances were 😳

AJ was undoubtedly good, especially given she hadn’t danced before, but her Latin was ropey in places. But I’m sure Wills and Kate will stop the BAFTAs momentarily so AJ can do a medley of her favourite dances…

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It is interesting that this season, there wasn't a female contestant who was a good all-rounder.

I think John was the only contestant who seemed equally skilled in Latin and Ballroom.

I preferred Tilly to Sara to be honest. Sara was good but some of her dances were 😳

AJ was undoubtedly good, especially given she hadn’t danced before, but her Latin was ropey in places. But I’m sure Wills and Kate will stop the BAFTAs momentarily so AJ can do a medley of her favourite dances…
You're right actually, I was thinking in terms of scores and what I could remember but Tilly's Charleston and Cha Cha were both great so I'd pick her too.

Actually I think you'll find our Wills will stop the proceedings to immediately crown AJ Queen of England.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
There wasn't really a female ringer last year. Thankfully we had 2 who ended up pretty good and 2 others who had their moments but there was no guarantee.

Reactions: 4
Omg I daren’t Google Max’s wanking video! Did he release it himself? (As it were)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Omg I daren’t Google Max’s wanking video! Did he release it himself? (As it were)
Do it! Do it! Do it!

I missed a golden opportunity to say “keeeeep wanking!” earlier so thank you for opening the door and giving me the chance to redeem myself 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Do it! Do it! Do it!

I missed a golden opportunity to say “keeeeep wanking!” earlier so thank you for opening the door and giving me the chance to redeem myself 😂
I wondered why you didn't but I, of course, would never be so crude. 😉

It's pretty lacklustre as wanking goes. He could have tried harder and really gone for it - bit like his dancing, really.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Just reading through the last few pages of the aj and kai appreciation thread on ds and apparently its all kicking off. There's more news about kai and nadiya and also something about dianne, I looked on twitter to see what it was about dianne but all I saw was an old video of dianne dancing to a song so obviously it wasn't that.

What am I missing, anybody got the goss.

Just reading through the last few pages of the aj and kai appreciation thread on ds and apparently its all kicking off. There's more news about kai and nadiya and also something about dianne, I looked on twitter to see what it was about dianne but all I saw was an old video of dianne dancing to a song so obviously it wasn't that.

What am I missing, anybody got the goss.
Is this it?

Are Tilly & Nikita dancing the Cha cha on the tour? I thought it was their best dance 👏🏻
So did I, I'm sad they're not doing it, but it might have something to do with the make-up taking too long to apply.

For some reason, they're doing their forgettable week 1 waltz and the couple's choice. I agree about the cha cha - it was by far their best dance
I think Nikita said something in his live the other day about wanting to do their Foxtrot, and didn't finish the sentence, but I'm guessing maybe they couldn't because Sara was already doing one?

Reactions: 1
Is this it?

If that's all made up, I don't know how they don't get sued, characterizing the ex-fiance as some deranged stalker who's gonna come have a 'showdown' over her having a new boyfriend after they're broken up.

A 'source' says they checked into the same hotel room. I wonder if that source is the article writer's ass? :rolleyes:

Kinda hoping they really are together... they'd make a cute couple and the AJ/Kai shipper meltdown would be hysterical.

Reactions: 7
It’s honestly wild how entitled the people are on the KJ DS thread are. Imagine thinking Kai/Nadiya/AJ have an obligation to clarify the situation. Like, no, it’s their personal lives and they don’t have to tell us anything they don’t want to.

Also the amount of people saying Kai has messed up his first Strictly season with the way he handled the AJ rumours is ridiculous. Guaranteed the vast vast majority of people will not care about this situation when the next series comes around. I think as a whole they massively overestimate the general public’s interest in AJ and Kai particularly as a ship — the only real ‘shipping’ I ever saw was from their stans (whether on twitter, instagram or digital spy).

Let’s be real, nobody is going to remember this ordeal in September besides their rabid fans (same with Ranvir/Gio last year). Kai is going to be fine and if he and AJ avoided denying romance rumours to give their popularity a boost then good for them. I mean clearly it worked going by the obsessed fans still analysing every detail of their relationship a month after the show ended 😂

It’s honestly wild how entitled the people are on the KJ DS thread are. Imagine thinking Kai/Nadiya/AJ have an obligation to clarify the situation. Like, no, it’s their personal lives and they don’t have to tell us anything they don’t want to.

Also the amount of people saying Kai has messed up his first Strictly season with the way he handled the AJ rumours is ridiculous. Guaranteed the vast vast majority of people will not care about this situation when the next series comes around. I think as a whole they massively overestimate the general public’s interest in AJ and Kai particularly as a ship — the only real ‘shipping’ I ever saw was from their stans (whether on twitter, instagram or digital spy).

Let’s be real, nobody is going to remember this ordeal in September besides their rabid fans (same with Ranvir/Gio last year). Kai is going to be fine and if he and AJ avoided denying romance rumours to give their popularity a boost then good for them. I mean clearly it worked going by the obsessed fans still analysing every detail of their relationship a month after the show ended 😂
I’m sorry if this sounds harsh but there seem to be a lot of people with a lot of issues. I get that going off in a fantasy world is an escape - believe me when I say that when PASHA! was on, I couldn’t even hide from my husband how much I wanted him to jive me within an inch of my life. But…this is next level, the intense interest in other peoples’ business worries me.

I don’t think Kai has handled any of this badly. I think AJ kept the interest by playing along with the speculation but that’s not the worst thing in the world and she’s not the first or last to do that. I don’t think anything happened between Kai and AJ, they clearly developed a close friendship but other than that I’m not convinced. He and Nadiya are both free agents; if something is going on then of course her ex-fiancé is going to think there’s an overlap but again that’s nothing new and surely that’s for them to sort out privately?

I think the worst thing any of them can do is comment publicly on any of this. Nadiya has been propelled into the spotlight more than other years and this is Kai’s first year - if anyone is spoiling things for them it’s these stans/shippers. And I genuinely think some of them believe they know these people or because they’re fans, are entitled to know everything that’s going on. I haven’t read the DS threads but from what people have said here about it, it’s a really toxic community with people who seem to forget that nobody has a right to know about the private lives of the people they fixate on.

• Heart
I’m sorry if this sounds harsh but there seem to be a lot of people with a lot of issues. I get that going off in a fantasy world is an escape - believe me when I say that when PASHA! was on, I couldn’t even hide from my husband how much I wanted him to jive me within an inch of my life. But…this is next level, the intense interest in other peoples’ business worries me.

I don’t think Kai has handled any of this badly. I think AJ kept the interest by playing along with the speculation but that’s not the worst thing in the world and she’s not the first or last to do that. I don’t think anything happened between Kai and AJ, they clearly developed a close friendship but other than that I’m not convinced. He and Nadiya are both free agents; if something is going on then of course her ex-fiancé is going to think there’s an overlap but again that’s nothing new and surely that’s for them to sort out privately?

I think the worst thing any of them can do is comment publicly on any of this. Nadiya has been propelled into the spotlight more than other years and this is Kai’s first year - if anyone is spoiling things for them it’s these stans/shippers. And I genuinely think some of them believe they know these people or because they’re fans, are entitled to know everything that’s going on. I haven’t read the DS threads but from what people have said here about it, it’s a really toxic community with people who seem to forget that nobody has a right to know about the private lives of the people they fixate on.
I don't know how far the shipping stuff has gone with other pairs in the last couple of years, but just looking at the last page of that thread, it seems to be a whole other level there - something about whether Nadiya shared a platter of cheese with Kai and critisising her for not posting other pros eating the cheese to stop the rumours? I mean, I don't even know where begin with that.

I've said it before, but maybe just take a step back and enjoy your favourites and the dancing. When being a fan of someone turns into a toxic, negative experience then that's a bit worrying

Also, can we appreciate the sauciest photo the paps got of Kai and Nadiya was them touching hands over a Sainsbury's bag for life 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Well I was spot on with my theory many pages back that kj had friendzoned and Kaidiya was probably a thing.
Not sure he’s handled it very well to be honest! Will be interesting to see if their PR agents say anything today.
AJ is busy busy busy with new work, which is good to see.
I still want to see their showdance though, so as I’m sure they are still friends it should hopefully be a possibility.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.