Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's hard to know if it's because she is not popular, or because of Max. I think if she and Adam had been dacning on the tour it would be different.
(I actually like Max, having looked at his insta. He seems nice and quite funny. But he made little impression last year, and is hardly going to be able to make a huge impression in a massive arena when there are already super-popular pairs dancing. Did they recruit him because of all the Wanted fans?)
I don’t think he showed his real self at all when he was a contestant, he gave off the vibe that he didn’t want to be there (long term viewers will remember Gavin Henson gave off the same vibe 😂). He never looked relaxed.

Maybe he was the only one who wanted to or could do it. A lot of the contestants knew there wasn’t a tour after the 2020 series and were maybe ok with that, or the moment has gone.

I’m annoyed they’re doing 3 nights in Glasgow and no other dates in Scotland, I would have loved to have gone to the tour.

Reactions: 3
The tour hasn't come to Northern Ireland for a good few years now. Very disappointing! Would love to see Kai in person!

Reactions: 6
The tour hasn't come to Northern Ireland for a good few years now. Very disappointing! Would love to see Kai in person!
That’s rubbish! I don’t know who decides where they go but to miss out a country where they’ll have a lot of fans is bad. Just had a look, they’re not going to Wales either!

We don’t have tiers in Scotland any more but Glasgow is not just “down the road” for most of Scotland, and not everyone will want to travel yet. To do three gigs there is odd given they’ve been to Aberdeen before, it’s got a good venue and people from Inverness etc might have travelled to there too.

Reactions: 7
That’s rubbish! I don’t know who decides where they go but to miss out a country where they’ll have a lot of fans is bad. Just had a look, they’re not going to Wales either!

We don’t have tiers in Scotland any more but Glasgow is not just “down the road” for most of Scotland, and not everyone will want to travel yet. To do three gigs there is odd given they’ve been to Aberdeen before, it’s got a good venue and people from Inverness etc might have travelled to there too.
Maybe they are trying to do several shows at one venue rather than travelling around too many different places for covid reasons?
They also aren’t going further south than London, meaning I have a long journey and can only do the Saturday matinee , otherwise I wouldn’t be able to get a train back.

Maybe they are trying to do several shows at one venue rather than travelling around too many different places for covid reasons?
They also aren’t going further south than London, meaning I have a long journey and can only do the Saturday matinee , otherwise I wouldn’t be able to get a train back.
I get that but by limiting the venues, they’re limiting their ticket sales for the same reason surely? That’s the point I was making - I would have bought tickets in a heartbeat if they came to Aberdeen but I’m not travelling 150 miles in a pandemic for a show. They’re there on a Saturday so we could stay over but that would be added expense and we could only go if we had an overnight babysitter.

I don’t think COVID explains why they can’t go to Wales or Northern Ireland though, especially if they haven’t been to the latter in years

• Heart
I think Dan is definitely trying to avoid any more/any at all speculation about his relationship with Nadiya. I don’t think he’s referred to her as his “professional partner” before and coupled with him saying the other day about coming to the show with his family, it’s like he’s emphasising “nothing to see here”.

FWIW I don’t think anything physical happened with them. It’s a real shame that anyone on Strictly - pro or celebrity - has to accept that their dancing will come secondly place to ‘will they do it/have they done it/they’re doing it/they definitely did it’ not just by the mucky tabloids but by people who insist they’re fans but see nothing wrong with spewing their shipping all over social media.

@soccergirl I appreciate a lot of what you were saying last year about Katya - did they come bottom of the leaderboard because she’s not popular? Possibly, but it could be because Max is pretty dull at the best of times, I think he’ll be completely overshadowed by the others on the tour this year. It seems to be less and less about the dancing though across the board (including the producers etc)

View attachment 1004953
No, this is how he has constantly referred to her right from the launch show. It was always a joke in their socials and interviews.

No, this is how he has constancy referred to her right from the launch show. It was always a joke in their socials and interviews.
Thanks Woolmer, that’s why I put “I don’t think” because I wasn’t sure and I couldn’t be arsed searching his Instagram 😂

Reactions: 2
I think it’s probably because it’s a logistical nightmare getting the set over to Belfast and back again. It’s not like a pop group who’s staging is pretty basic. They’d probably use the ferry and are probably petrified that it gets stuck if there was a storm and they cancelled the ferry crossings.

As for Cardiff…. The arena there is really small in comparison (seated capacity is 5K compared to Birmingham which is 15K) and probably doesn’t have enough space for the dance floor.

I think this why they started doing the pro tour so they could take a show on the road to a few smaller places.

Reactions: 1
I might actually have to grab a last minute ticket for Glasgow if I can get a good deal, was honestly thinking they would cancel the dates here.

I think it’s probably because it’s a logistical nightmare getting the set over to Belfast and back again. It’s not like a pop group who’s staging is pretty basic. They’d probably use the ferry and are probably petrified that it gets stuck if there was a storm and they cancelled the ferry crossings.

As for Cardiff…. The arena there is really small in comparison (seated capacity is 5K compared to Birmingham which is 15K) and probably doesn’t have enough space for the dance floor.

I think this why they started doing the pro tour so they could take a show on the road to a few smaller places.
That’s a good point about Belfast, I didn’t think of the logistical side.

The contestants are used to dancing on a tiny dancefloor on the show (it’s even smaller in real life than it looks on the telly) with next to no audience…idk, it is a separate thing from the show but they’re doing the same dances/constumes etc so I just think it’s not great not going anywhere near where a lot of the voters are based 🤷🏻‍♀️

Wales still has social distancing and restrictions on indoor events in place.
I was like @glasgow27 and thought the Scottish dates would be cancelled too but our restrictions are reducing again before the Glasgow shows. If the restrictions were still in place they would’ve cancelled the shows but it didn’t stop them scheduling to come here in the first place

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 20.14.14.png

Well AJ deffo got what she wanted out of strictly.... a new presenting gig! (y)

I mean in a way its a good thing she couldn't do the strictly tour so she can do this job instead :p

Reactions: 6
View attachment 1005839

Well AJ deffo got what she wanted out of strictly.... a new presenting gig! (y)

I mean in a way its a good thing she couldn't do the strictly tour so she can do this job instead :p
Yes, she went a week or so ago. Had to do 7 days isolating at the hotel and must now be working as she’s gone radio silent the last day or so. Don’t think she’ll reveal much about what she’s filming though.
she’s back in time for the 02 tour shows, and it’s her birthday on that Saturday, so prediction is that she will be at one of those.
Kai also confirmed yesterday that she is planning to be at one of them

923D537A-7C29-4767-A195-1B14BCC396BC.png

Kiavanni content - been missing them

9214955C-3ECE-4DB2-9C1B-37C15FD99C45.png

F9D11CBD-F83C-457E-81B5-94FFE50F4971.png

Behind the scenes dancing

4651E59C-F6B6-43A2-AE04-A484E78F9E79.jpeg

Last edited:
What height is Cameron? Thought Neil was one of the shorter ones but that photo makes it look like there are many inches between them.

I was like @glasgow27 and thought the Scottish dates would be cancelled too but our restrictions are reducing again before the Glasgow shows. If the restrictions were still in place they would’ve cancelled the shows but it didn’t stop them scheduling to come here in the first place
Its times like this I wish the whole of the UK had the same rules instead of the mish mash

it is disappointing that theyre not bothering with Aberdeen this time round

He says he’s 5’8” but I find that hard to believe ( Kai is defo 6’2”, Neil 6’)
Is Neil 6"? 🤨 Gorka is 5"8 and going by the opening bit of this dance, I'd say Cameron is about 5"6/7 (and Neil is a wee bit taller than Gorka)

Anyone know who the runner up from last night's show was? It was a nice surprise that Maisie and Kai came second on the opening night, just because last year's celebs aren't as fresh in everyone's minds compared to this year's lot (but I'm sure there are a lot of Kai fans out there voting too). I'm just going to go ahead and assume Rose and Gio are going to be the winners for most of the shows 😆

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.