Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just chipping in that I voted for Joe too! I had a mad crush on him as a teen when he was in The Crow Road and Sex, Chips and Rock & Roll but I also loved the innovative nature of his dances. I thought he grew into a lovely dancer.

I met him a couple of months ago while I was setting up a press gala and he is very twinkly eyed and clearly very popular - he was being followed around by a huge crowd of people and whatever he said went. Was a bit weird and cultish actually.
Someone else who remembers The Crow Road! That's what I knew him from too, rather than Holby City. He's aged pretty well 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 3
With John's story earlier on about being sent home by the physio because he's in pain with his hip flexors, I wonder if they're considering changing his dance. It's happened before - I think with Giovanni, he was supposed to do a dance with lifts one week (with Faye?) but it got changed as he had a bad back
John posted this morning saying he feels loads better and is back in training

Reactions: 12
I always love the idea of an All Stars series but in reality I expect it wouldn't live up to the hype.
A lot of the early stars are a lot older now and simply won't be as good, that's life the body ages.
Then the celebs circumstances a lot of them have added to families, settled in careers that wont lend it to 12 hour long days of training.
The success of the winners/finalist is often down to how successful the partnership is there is rarely anyone who gets that far that has a bad partnership. Many of the original partnerships wouldn't happen due to the Pro leaving.
Although I would love the drama of a Pro having to choose between his fav Celeb to compete if they were to have more than one of their past celebs in the competition. :devilish:

Reactions: 4
I think they'll just put together a show of 'the best of' clips. It would be nice to see the pro and celeb talk about the really popular dances (Jay's jive etc..) to see if they knew they had something good at the time, how they came up with the choreography etc... It would be good to see some of the old dances again.

Reactions: 9
In terms of early celebs, someone like Colin Jackson could be a good shout, he did DOI in January and made the final of that so is obviously still in good shape. I think it depends on the celeb's background, whether or not they've kept dancing and whether or not they're in shape. I think it's quite telling that some have dodged Christmas specials whilst others have been game to do it and most of them did fairly well.

Danny Mac & Oti are non-negotiable for me as is the inclusion of Harry Judd (Nadiya maybe? She'd do great ballroom with him!). Louis Smith has kept up the dancing (even winning The Masked Dancer) so I reckon he'd be much better than he was in 2012 if he did the All-Stars and probably a contender (Katya for him IMO).

Would also like a couple of Janette's partners to come back for a shot with another pro, same for Karim with another partner.

For the women, some of Gio's partners would be a good bet, I'd give him Rose or Debbie again (his two best partnerships IMO) and maybe Faye with another pro. Who could get Gorka? I think the bridges are burned with Alexandra. Maybe Maisie but I don't know if they'd have enough spark for an All-star season. And what about Johannes? I wouldn't say any of his partners are high up my list but is there a past contestant who can match his energy. I'd like them to try and get Alesha & Kara again and maybe another shot for Pixie Lott (with Kai?). Caroline Flack would have been a great addition. :(

Graz and Anne Marie

In terms of early celebs, someone like Colin Jackson could be a good shout, he did DOI in January and made the final of that so is obviously still in good shape. I think it depends on the celeb's background, whether or not they've kept dancing and whether or not they're in shape. I think it's quite telling that some have dodged Christmas specials whilst others have been game to do it and most of them did fairly well.

Danny Mac & Oti are non-negotiable for me as is the inclusion of Harry Judd (Nadiya maybe? She'd do great ballroom with him!). Louis Smith has kept up the dancing (even winning The Masked Dancer) so I reckon he'd be much better than he was in 2012 if he did the All-Stars and probably a contender (Katya for him IMO).

Would also like a couple of Janette's partners to come back for a shot with another pro, same for Karim with another partner.

For the women, some of Gio's partners would be a good bet, I'd give him Rose or Debbie again (his two best partnerships IMO) and maybe Faye with another pro. Who could get Gorka? I think the bridges are burned with Alexandra. Maybe Maisie but I don't know if they'd have enough spark for an All-star season. And what about Johannes? I wouldn't say any of his partners are high up my list but is there a past contestant who can match his energy. I'd like them to try and get Alesha & Kara again and maybe another shot for Pixie Lott (with Kai?). Caroline Flack would have been a great addition. :(
Great list. I’d put Johannes and Joe McFadden together

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think there have been contestants who've since said they would have liked the chance to dance with a male pro - if any of them were any good, I'd say they could dance with Jojo. Mind you, in my head I can see Johannes and Debbie McGee dancing beautifully together.

Reactions: 2
I think there have been contestants who've since said they would have liked the chance to dance with a male pro - if any of them were any good, I'd say they could dance with Jojo. Mind you, in my head I can see Johannes and Debbie McGee dancing beautifully together.
Maybe Will Young could be given another chance with Johannes? But maybe he burnt his boat with strictly? Thought he had great potential.

Reactions: 1
Rob Rinder & Dr. Ranj were the two I remember wanting a same-sex pairing if they did it again but I think Ranj would be an early out in All-Stars and I'm not sure Rob would be cast again since he seems to do columns for The Sun and also presents at talkRADIO, a station with fairly anti BBC output (even if he's a more moderate presenter).

Will Young very likely burned his bridges with the show IMO.

Rob Rinder & Dr. Ranj were the two I remember wanting a same-sex pairing if they did it again but I think Ranj would be an early out in All-Stars and I'm not sure Rob would be cast again since he seems to do columns for The Sun and also presents at talkRADIO, a station with fairly anti BBC output (even if he's a more moderate presenter).
Oh yeah, neither of those please! I love Ranj dearly but he's nowhere near good enough.

Reactions: 1
I’m not sure we’d get (m)any celebs coming back and having another dance in an Xmas special style 20th anniversary show. The early series celebs are all 15/20 years older some probably aren’t even in the public eye anymore and quite enjoy the quiet life. More recent contestants are probably busy and unable to commit especially if covid messed up anything they were working on.

I think in reality we’re more likely to get a talking heads style show and maybe some new pro dances possibly with some old faces coming back (possibly the ex pros who’ve been doing choreography corner on ITT).

Joe McFadden fan here too (I vaguely remember him in Take The High Road too)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’d love Georgia May Foote back for an all stars series, I think she was so good! Her Charleston was 😍😍 I go back and watch it at least once a month

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.