Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I;m furiously busy wfh so here are who won and what seems to be the consensus on who should have won:

2020-Bill Bailey
2019-Kevin Fletcher
2018-Stacey Dooley (should have been Fay Tozer)
2017-Joe McFadden
2016-Ore Oduba (should have been Danny Mac)
2015-Jay McGuinness
2014-Caroline Flack
2013-Abbey Clancy
2012-Louis Smith
2011-Harry Judd
2010-Kara Tointon
2009-Chris Hollins
2008-Tom Chambers (should've been Rachel Stephens)
2007-Alesha Dixon
2006-Mark Ramprakash
2005-Darren Gough
2004-Jill Halfpenny
2004-Natash Kaplinsky

There def seem to be some years where the winner wasn't particularly good (like Darren Gough) but the competition wasn't up to much either.
I never really understood why Joe McFadden was the outright favourite going into the final that year. I get it to a degree because of Katya's routines, but that partnership was all about her clever choreography and Joe himself was quite forgettable. Just never really got why he was SO popular

Reactions: 18
I never really understood why Joe McFadden was the outright favourite going into the final that year. I get it to a degree because of Katya's routines, but that partnership was all about her clever choreography and Joe himself was quite forgettable. Just never really got why he was SO popular
I do put it all down to Katya, and the fact that Joe was willing to take the risks with her. I remember being excited to see their dances every week as what they had to offer was really quite different from the usual Strictly formula. He definitely visibly improved. He might have had the Scottish vote too, I guess?

He definitely wasn't as good as Debbie, Aston or Alexandra though.

Reactions: 12
I do put it all down to Katya, and the fact that Joe was willing to take the risks with her. I remember being excited to see their dances every week as what they had to offer was really quite different from the usual Strictly formula. He definitely visibly improved. He might have had the Scottish vote too, I guess?

It was definitely the ‘best improver’ angle. I voted for him, for that reason

Reactions: 10
I must admit I’m a stickler for a journey contestant and that’s what Joe was

Reactions: 9
Not forgetting the Win was all about Kevin! He drops to the floor and sobs, Joe and Diane hugged and congratulated Stacey before Kevin did and Claudia ends up hugging Kevin as Stacey finishes talking, then Karen comes up to scream you did it, then the Pro's lift him up!!! That whole win was about him, I felt sorry for Stacey.
It really was. He’s such an unpleasant character.

I bet Clifton is a gaslighting little tit to live with. When Stacey comes in his little head would pop around the corner 'oooh, been out have you Stace?'

• Haha
Never watched it before tbh but why that dance won god knows 🤦 I like stacey in her normal job though.
This has just cracked me up, hope the poster isn't in here 😂
Screenshot_20211125-160319~3.png

• Haha
Reactions: 20
It was definitely the ‘best improver’ angle. I voted for him, for that reason
Me too, and he’s Scottish. I think everyone was watching Alexandra and Debbie that year and Joe was slowly getting better and better and then their samba…

Never watched it before tbh but why that dance won god knows 🤦 I like stacey in her normal job though.
This has just cracked me up, hope the poster isn't in here 😂 View attachment 887269
I love autocorrect!!

Reactions: 1

I really didn't get the impression it was the Scottish vote, I saw that years tour in Glasgow he didn't get any bigger a cheer than anyone else. I think Susan Calman might have won that show as well.
I suspect his win was an anti-ringer win the only other competition he had was Alexandra and Debbie both fantastic dancers but suffered from being called ringers. Coupled with Katya's creative chorography and fun showdance made it an easy choice.

Reactions: 7
Joe was likable and seemed really shocked and pleased to still be in it so people warmed to him. Opposite of McChin.

Reactions: 14
Giovanni took two ringers to the final - but might win the whole thing with a dancer who has more challenges than anyone this year. (Not counting Toms horrible personality or Dans two left feet as challenges)

Reactions: 15
Giovanni took two ringers to the final - but might win the whole thing with a dancer who has more challenges than anyone this year. (Not counting Toms horrible personality or Dans two left feet as challenges)
But it's precisely because she isn't a ringer that Rose will win. Faye and Debbie were never going to win. Faye was basically a musical theatre star, Debbie a trained ballerina. Gio has hit the jackpot this year: naturally talented non-dancer, with great personality and compelling backstory.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.