Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember Craig giving their dogs dinner of a showdance an 8 and he was fuming. Kevin clearly got so carried away with the whole concept of that dance and it just didn't work at all

I have a theory that since then, the producers have made sure they have a bit more control over what happens with the showdances to make sure they're all as 'WOW' as possible - all the pros seem to now work with outside choreographers for them rather than being left to their own devices
I agree since the showdances have massively improved. I just went and watched it back and I'm shocked how awful it was in comparison to their CC.

I never watched a lot of that season... Which I'm now regretting as this moment sounds hysterical 😂😂
The whole series is on Britbox. That whole series had a really negative vibe with Vick Hope being ungracious towards Graziano, Katie Piper being clearly uncomfortable with it all, the tension between Danny JJ and Amy, the publics reaction towards Ashley, Seann and Katya and then Kevin's spring coiling tighter every week. Ever since I have found the pairings to be so much better.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
That's how I read it as well, that he's less competitive this year and is just enjoying the dancing and teaching Rose... Gio himself has said a few times that it's the best thing he's done/most enjoyable season!

However, I still do not like KFG and wish he would get in the sea...
I don't think he's intentionally saying there's romance between Gio and Rose: but the very fact of mentioning that it reminds him of the season that he was calmer (a lie!) when it was the season he got together with his partner is grist to the shipper mill. (Also, interesting that Gio and Kev had that twitter beef last season..)

Here's the 'calm' moment he has a coronary when they win:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don't think he's intentionally saying there's romance between Gio and Rose: but the very fact of mentioning that it reminds him of the season that he was calmer (a lie!) when it was the season he got together with his partner is grist to the shipper mill. (Also, interesting that Gio and Kev had that twitter beef last season..)

Throwing yourself to the floor and sliding on your knees like a kid at a wedding is the definition of calm. Staceys boyfriend cheering like crazy when they won - little did he know shortly after he would be ditched for Kev.

Faye and Gio should have won that year.

Love that Neil also made a brief appearance.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Kevin was the worst that series, so entitled and petulant when he didn't get the praise he thought he deserved. He made out like their showdance was going to be ground-breaking, and then it was absolute garbage :LOL: It was so cringe how it became all about him when they won. I still can't believe that Stacey saw how self-involved he was that night and still thought he was in any way attractive. Although if Kevin being the Ross Gellar of the dance world didn't put her off, I suppose nothing would :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Kevin was the worst that series, so entitled and petulant when he didn't get the praise he thought he deserved. He made out like their showdance was going to be ground-breaking, and then it was absolute garbage :LOL: It was so cringe how it became all about him when they won. I still can't believe that Stacey saw how self-involved he was that night and still thought he was in any way attractive. Although if Kevin being the Ross Gellar of the dance world didn't put her off, I suppose nothing would :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, their show dance was like The Routine from Friends :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I;m furiously busy wfh so here are who won and what seems to be the consensus on who should have won:

2020-Bill Bailey
2019-Kevin Fletcher
2018-Stacey Dooley (should have been Fay Tozer)
2017-Joe McFadden
2016-Ore Oduba (should have been Danny Mac)
2015-Jay McGuinness
2014-Caroline Flack
2013-Abbey Clancy
2012-Louis Smith
2011-Harry Judd
2010-Kara Tointon
2009-Chris Hollins
2008-Tom Chambers (should've been Rachel Stephens)
2007-Alesha Dixon
2006-Mark Ramprakash
2005-Darren Gough
2004-Jill Halfpenny
2004-Natash Kaplinsky

There def seem to be some years where the winner wasn't particularly good (like Darren Gough) but the competition wasn't up to much either.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’d forgotten how shite this is!

God that was tit. Barely any content! and Stacey was just not a great dancer. People liked her as she wasn't a ringer and seemed down to earth, and she was pretty and petite and looked good in the outfits.

Reactions: 13
I actually think it should’ve Ashley and pasha winning over Gio and Faye winning (don’t all hate me please) 🤣

Reactions: 11
Faye and Gio’s couples choice dance compared to Kevin and staceys show dance….. different league. It really was an odd year.

Reactions: 10
Just a thought, but I saw on Katya's stories that she was filming Pointless Celebrities yesterday. This could have been what Graziano was doing with Alex Murphy too rather than the Christmas special? Might explain why they weren't being very secretive on their stories

Reactions: 3

And by contrast, imagine if Rose and Gio win; Gio will have his “Omg” moment, and then I’m sure he’ll not let go of Rose. He’ll be hugging her, kissing her head etc and saying just how proud of her he is. They’ve got such a great partnership

Reactions: 8
Not forgetting the Win was all about Kevin! He drops to the floor and sobs, Joe and Diane hugged and congratulated Stacey before Kevin did and Claudia ends up hugging Kevin as Stacey finishes talking, then Karen comes up to scream you did it, then the Pro's lift him up!!! That whole win was about him, I felt sorry for Stacey.
I
Omg just watched it back and what a twit he is! So glad he’s not on the show anymore

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.