Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was on the DS SCD forums in the really early days (series 2 onwards) and it used to be hilarious. The day John Sargeant left was an absolute riot, I remember sitting at my desk at work trying not to snort with laughter. So, so funny: Bacofoil, the Bunton paso-meter, only the Christmas trees supporting Matt Dawson. It was great.

Then something changed and the place became a soul-sucking pit of misery. I don’t think I’ve posted on there for at least five or six years. It’s completely joyless now.
They're quite po-faced on DS!!! I felt people's wrath because i suggested that maybe, just maybe, Shirley wasn't that keen on younger women dancers!!! I got lectures on how experienced a dancer/judge she was 🙄🙄🙄

But!!! I found my way to here via DS so they're not all bad 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Have they really pulled the Unpopular Opinions thread on DS? Did it get really nasty or something?

Pleased to hear the pro challenge is back on ITT from tomorrow! And found it quite interesting hearing about the hair & make up but still can’t warm to Lisa A in light of Ant situ

Reactions: 3
I’m not taking that as him saying because he felt different the year he got together with Stacey, Rose and Gio must have a blossoming romance. Is that what you mean by Kev stirring the pot?

He said he sees a difference in Gio but I read it as he was more of an “eyes on the prize, let’s win this” guy but maybe Rose isn’t competitive by nature and takes it as it is so Gio feels less pressure?

Reactions: 3
I’m not taking that as him saying because he felt different the year he got together with Stacey, Rose and Gio must have a blossoming romance. Is that what you mean by Kev stirring the pot?

He said he sees a difference in Gio but I read it as he was more of an “eyes on the prize, let’s win this” guy but maybe Rose isn’t competitive by nature and takes it as it is so Gio feels less pressure?
That's how I read it as well, that he's less competitive this year and is just enjoying the dancing and teaching Rose... Gio himself has said a few times that it's the best thing he's done/most enjoyable season!

However, I still do not like KFG and wish he would get in the sea...

Reactions: 9
That's how I read it as well, that he's less competitive this year and is just enjoying the dancing and teaching Rose... Gio himself has said a few times that it's the best thing he's done/most enjoyable season!

However, I still do not like KFG and wish he would get in the sea...
Ugh, even agreeing with what he was saying made me want to punch myself in the face

• Haha
Reactions: 5
That's funny because my memories of that series is King Kev looking a little more manic each week as he got closer to the glitter ball, he barely looked like he had any sleep at all by the end. Then all that weird tension with Craig at the final.
What was the weird tension with Craig?

Reactions: 4
That's funny because my memories of that series is King Kev looking a little more manic each week as he got closer to the glitter ball, he barely looked like he had any sleep at all by the end. Then all that weird tension with Craig at the final.
For some reason, the first thing that springs to mind every time Kevin and that series is mentioned, is when Claudia brought out a birthday cake for him in the clauditorium and he proceeded to slam his face into it. Unfortunately it was one of those Minions shop-bought cakes with the rock hard icing

Yeah, I wouldn't have said he was particularly calm that series

• Haha
Reactions: 22
For some reason, the first thing that springs to mind every time Kevin and that series is mentioned, is when Claudia brought out a birthday cake for him in the clauditorium and he proceeded to slam his face into it. Unfortunately it was one of those Minions shop-bought cakes with the rock hard icing

I’d forgotten about that!!! At the time it was very manic and almost like “I’ve got to win it this year, I’ve got to!!”

Changing the narrative a bit there King Kev…

Reactions: 8
Not forgetting the Win was all about Kevin! He drops to the floor and sobs, Joe and Diane hugged and congratulated Stacey before Kevin did and Claudia ends up hugging Kevin as Stacey finishes talking, then Karen comes up to scream you did it, then the Pro's lift him up!!! That whole win was about him, I felt sorry for Stacey.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Not forgetting the Win was all about Kevin! He drops to the floor and sobs, Joe and Diane hugged and congratulated Stacey before Kevin did and Claudia ends up hugging Kevin as Stacey finishes talking, then Karen comes up to scream you did it, then the Pro's lift him up!!! That whole win was about him, I felt sorry for Stacey.
It blows my mind that three women have married him AND he’s been in a relationship for 2 years. I wouldn’t want to share a lift with him, let alone my life

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I think he thinks that Craig doesn’t enjoy his dancing or choreo(?) and that maybe impacted their scores? I was scrolling back through Strictly’s Instagram recently and he says this to Stacey in one of the post-dance interview clips during the final that they posted to social media. Like, ‘don’t worry about Craig’

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
He didn't give Stacey a 10 ever not even in the final. I should add he didn't give Joe one either but Kev was clearly taking it personally. I can't remember exactly what was said but Kev was fuming all final night and became increasingly dismissive of Craig as the final went on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
He didn't give Stacey a 10 ever not even in the final. I should add he didn't give Joe one either but Kev was clearly taking it personally. I can't remember exactly what was said but Kev was fuming all final night and because rather dismissive of Craig as the final went on.
I remember Craig giving their dogs dinner of a showdance an 8 and he was fuming. Kevin clearly got so carried away with the whole concept of that dance and it just didn't work at all

I have a theory that since then, the producers have made sure they have a bit more control over what happens with the showdances to make sure they're all as 'WOW' as possible - all the pros seem to now work with outside choreographers for them rather than being left to their own devices

Reactions: 11

I never watched a lot of that season... Which I'm now regretting as this moment sounds hysterical 😂😂

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.