Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If Aljaž is back next year it sounds like Sara might get really jealous

Reactions: 4
Weirdly her husband apparently misses him too :unsure: maybe they had just got into a bit of a rut with their lives? Hopefully with Christmas on the way it will help re-centre their lives.

I roll my eyes at Gio's antics but he does someone manage to cut the string speedily and smoothly, maybe during next years Pro dance rehearsals he can give the others lessons?
I remember right after (like days) Strictly Ranvir took her boy to the barber shop all the strictly crew go to for a hair cut and tagged Gio. Shippers got excited. Gio then posted a story of him and Kai larking around in the streets together then a few days later they moved in together and started doing instagram lives. People would beg him to include or talk about Ranvir, he point blank ignored them. A bit brutal but I suspect best just to immediately draw a new boundary line.
Yeah, he is the master of boundaries! he was asked recently about his former partners (when that bullshit story about Ranvir unfollowing him came out) and just had a very pat answer of 'oh I stay in touch with all of them but we are all so busy with our jobs we don't have time to meet up', which is obviously crap. So he doesn't have time for a coffee with Ranvir or Faye Tozer, and meanwhile Aljaz is traversing the length of the country to rescue Sara's marriage!

If Aljaž is back next year it sounds like Sara might get really jealous
'I won't be ignored Aljiaz!' (even looks like her 9 to 5 wig too!)
dan-and-alex.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Yeah, he is the master of boundaries! he was asked recently about his former partners (when that bullshit story about Ranvir unfollowing him came out) and just had a very pat answer of 'oh I stay in touch with all of them but we are all so busy with our jobs we don't have time to meet up', which is obviously crap. So he doesn't have time for a coffee with Ranvir or Faye Tozer, and meanwhile Aljaz is traversing the length of the country to rescue Sara's marriage!

'I won't be ignored Aljiaz!' (even looks like her 9 to 5 wig too!)
View attachment 874630
I am so curious to see how his post strictly friendship with Rose develops, maybe it will be her swerving him for once?
Out of all his former partners the only one who seems to be present in his life is Michelle and it comes over very much like she's a mentor in his life rather than a warm and cosy friendship.

Reactions: 7
On My Own was Carrie Hope Fletcher’s big number when she was in Les Mis…. There’s not a hope in hell we’re getting through next week without her appearing in Tom’s VT
Had to look up Carrie, didn't even read your Fletcher bit after Hope, but knew she was going to a Fletcher or a falcone.

Oh man 😩 they're that kind of showbiz family 😖

John posted this..
Wow his bulimia what an awful condition to go through.
Is him posing with muscley derriere seeking approvement or him being comfortable with his body?
On the side, I find his stereotypical campness more offensive than his muscles. Actually I find his northern down to earthness and penny in pants more patronising.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I am so curious to see how his post strictly friendship with Rose develops, maybe it will be her swerving him for once?
Out of all his former partners the only one who seems to be present in his life is Michelle and it comes over very much like she's a mentor in his life rather than a warm and cosy friendship.
Yeah Michelle seems like she just unilaterally decided she was going to be in his life and he didn't have a say in it! I wonder if Rose has managed to just keep a good distance from it all and will be able to draw a line under the experience, even though she seems very fond of him?

Reactions: 2
I do cringe when they all say "friends for life" every year and to every couple.
Stay in touch, be friends, but declaring for liiiiiiiiffffe (are we back at school?)

Reactions: 9
I'm sure that the strong connection does make some partnerships genuinely close for a while but 5 years on and well out of the Strictly bubble, will they still really be best friends? Some maybe but not that many.

And just like real life, there will be plenty who got on decently but didn't keep in touch afterwards. We've all had those colleagues, no ill will but life gets in the way and they were never close enough to be a priority. Then there are the occasional ones who we are glad to be shot of and miss like a hole in the head, most of the pros have probably had a celeb like that.

Reactions: 8
Did Jay and Aliona ever hang out after Strictly? (I guess they did the tour together). They seemed so super close (to the point of shipping rumours) but that would probably have been hard to maintain after the bubble of the show, given that she was married..

I do cringe when they all say "friends for life" every year and to every couple.
Stay in touch, be friends, but declaring for liiiiiiiiffffe (are we back at school?)
It was a bit like on Big Brother every year the HM would all lounge around planning their big BB group trip to Ibiza when they got out the house yet it never once happened. I am sure in the moment they genuinely meant it but it's not RL.

I'm sure that the strong connection does make some partnerships genuinely close for a while but 5 years on and well out of the Strictly bubble, will they still really be best friends? Some maybe but not that many.

And just like real life, there will be plenty who got on decently but didn't keep in touch afterwards. We've all had those colleagues, no ill will but life gets in the way and they were never close enough to be a priority. Then there are the occasional ones who we are glad to be shot of and miss like a hole in the head, most of the pros have probably had a celeb like that.
I am trying to think of any partnerships, excluding relationships that turned romantic, were the friendship was evident after 5 years? The only one I can remember is Iain and Zoe.

Did Jay and Aliona ever hang out after Strictly? (I guess they did the tour together). They seemed so super close (to the point of shipping rumours) but that would probably have been hard to maintain after the bubble of the show, given that she was married..
She moved to Florida soon afterwards and had a baby with her husband. At the time I didn't really believe the rumours about them but the way they completely cut contact afterwards did make me wonder.

If ANYONE wanted to come round and put my kids to bed I'd jump on the chance. If it was Aljaz I think I'd die of happiness.

It does all seem a bit weird with Sara missing him but Aljaz also seems in on it! If he didn't want to go and see her it would be easy to say no at this point, he's in London, I'm sure there are plenty of things he could claim to be busy with.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone believe anything went on with Mollie and AJ? They looked so mismatched to me but I dont know

It was a bit like on Big Brother every year the HM would all lounge around planning their big BB group trip to Ibiza when they got out the house yet it never once happened. I am sure in the moment they genuinely meant it but it's not RL.

I am trying to think of any partnerships, excluding relationships that turned romantic, were the friendship was evident after 5 years? The only one I can remember is Iain and Zoe.

She moved to Florida soon afterwards and had a baby with her husband. At the time I didn't really believe the rumours about them but the way they completely cut contact afterwards did make me wonder.
Janette still seems to be good friends with Julian McDonald, and it's not quite been 5 years, but Gemma and Aljaz. But yeah, I can't think of too many pairs where they actually seem to hang out

Jay and Aliona were an odd pair - they seemed to have a really intense bond on Strictly and had fantastic chemistry, but looked like they actually had duck all in common outside of that bubble

Confirmation of a Carrie appearance in Tom’s VT on hers and his insta stories 🙃
I wouldn’t be able to pick her out of a line up but she’s annoying me already 🤢

Penny for her husband’s thoughts! I guess maybe they really have just become besties. Must be so intense and then weird to have no routine. But mad for her kids as presumably they will now rarely see ‘Uncle Aljaz’, living in Newcastle.
You don’t see the other pros doing this: Gio sends them on their way with a peck on the cheek and then deletes their number:)
This sounds creepily full on, and the fact we still see Emma Weymouth around Aljaz making doe-eyes makes me think he just doesn’t have the heart to break contact.

I always see Janette with him when they visit 100% and I’m sure it’s just to make sure Emma remembers about her 😂.

By the sounds of it, Sara still had to work a lot so I’m not sure she’ll do the tour. I assumed Aljaz would want to be in it because of Janette hosting so maybe he’s standing in for a pro who can’t do it. But even if he’s not, he can’t never work again or be within a 100-mile radius of Newcastle in case her kids (or her) miss him!

Here’s what he had to say about the rumours last year

I seem to remember the press chose to focus a lot on Jay and Aliona and all the while it was Georgia May Foote and Giovanni who got together (and stayed together for a while).

I don’t think it was just shipping with Jay and Aliona, I think there was a lot of speculation that something was going on. There’s been a lot said about Rose’s boyfriend and how he must feel with her spending time with Gio, but Aliona’s husband must’ve been very confident and secure because there were rumours about her and Matt Baker too.

There were rumours circling about Nadiya and David James and last year it was JJ and Amy (which weren’t helped by the photo of them having a meal in his apartment he’d been staying at, after he’d been eliminated even though he’d tell us every week how much he admired his wife for looking after the kids and everything else in Edinburgh).

Ben Shepherd says every year his wife won’t let him do Strictly and I don’t think he’s joking 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Thinking it’s such an intense experience that it’s bound to be a shock to the system when voted out. Especially if you’ve managed to stay in the competition this far.

Reactions: 5
I wouldn’t be able to pick her out of a line up but she’s annoying me already 🤢

This sounds creepily full on, and the fact we still see Emma Weymouth around Aljaz making doe-eyes makes me think he just doesn’t have the heart to break contact.

I always see Janette with him when they visit 100% and I’m sure it’s just to make sure Emma remembers about her 😂.

By the sounds of it, Sara still had to work a lot so I’m not sure she’ll do the tour. I assumed Aljaz would want to be in it because of Janette hosting so maybe he’s standing in for a pro who can’t do it. But even if he’s not, he can’t never work again or be within a 100-mile radius of Newcastle in case her kids (or her) miss him!

Here’s what he had to say about the rumours last year

I seem to remember the press chose to focus a lot on Jay and Aliona and all the while it was Georgia May Foote and Giovanni who got together (and stayed together for a while).

I don’t think it was just shipping with Jay and Aliona, I think there was a lot of speculation that something was going on. There’s been a lot said about Rose’s boyfriend and how he must feel with her spending time with Gio, but Aliona’s husband must’ve been very confident and secure because there were rumours about her and Matt Baker too.
I always felt that Jay fell for Aliona - his reaction after they won was very intense and the two of them were nuzzling away at each other. Also I just looked up their last ITT and they were glued together (sidenote: how much of a glowup did Jay have, just by cutting his hair! won him the title!)

Reactions: 6
I always felt that Jay fell for Aliona - his reaction after they won was very intense and the two of them were nuzzling away at each other. Also I just looked up their last ITT and they were glued together (sidenote: how much of a glowup did Jay have, just by cutting his hair! won him the title!)
I agree, and I can understand it; it’s such an intense process to be so physically close to a random for anywhere between 2 and 12 weeks is just not comparable.

I don’t think anything happened between them, I think she ghosted him after the series ended and that’s why there was no further contact.

Their jive is still my number 1 Strictly dance of all time. Here’s it if anyone wants a trip down memory lane:

ETA - the singing is pretty good too, I’m guessing that’s Lance 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think Sara fell in love with Alijaz. He’s used to the intensity and closeness but she’s not. I don’t think she acted on it because she knows it wouldn’t happen. I’m not a dancer but work in theatre and it happens ALL the time in rehearsals and shows because it’s so intense. Genuinely think she’s heartbroken now.

Reactions: 14
I think Sara fell in love with Alijaz. He’s used to the intensity and closeness but she’s not. I don’t think she acted on it because she knows it wouldn’t happen. I’m not a dancer but work in theatre and it happens ALL the time in rehearsals and shows because it’s so intense. Genuinely think she’s heartbroken now.
Interesting! I think you're right, and it's a bit mad how in any other context a woman saying she desperately missed a bloke she'd worked with for 2 months and was bereft and inviting him to stay would be seen as a lunatic, though I am sure Aljaz's unthreatening persona helps. Hopefully she'll be ok in a few weeks.

I agree, and I can understand it; it’s such an intense process to be so physically close to a random for anywhere between 2 and 12 weeks is just not comparable.

I don’t think anything happened between them, I think she ghosted him after the series ended and that’s why there was no further contact.
I think the ghosting must be pretty painful, but the alternative is having to do an Aljaz and get a train to comfort your partner who can't cope without you! And Aliona I am sure knew he was in love with her and that it had to be cut off once they weren't dancing together.
I love the jive too: it just has a vibe that no other dance on Strictly ever managed.

Reactions: 9
I’m trying to think of other jobs where you’d spend so much time in close quarters with your colleagues every day for hours and for weeks at at time, and there are very few. It’s a weirdly intense emotional experience and then it just abruptly stops.
Especially weird for the people who have no performing arts background.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.