Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All the guest judges tend to over score; it might mean Dan may be safe again :cautious: :cautious: :cautious:

Reactions: 3
I’m sure she’ll be great but like others I am concerned we’re going to get really random scoring from her. I would have definitely preferred an ex pro. It hasn’t been an issue booking them for choreography corner so I doubt any of them would’ve turned down the opportunity. Perhaps if it wasn’t musicals week then we would’ve got Erin etc rather than someone stagey.

Reactions: 6
I know there were previous posts but Sara’s attachment to Aljaz is a little scary.

Reactions: 8
Someone said on another thread Bonnie Langford would have been a good choice.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
What’s a daytime Grammy?
it's daytime emmy, mouse - the emmys have separate daytime and primetime awards :)

anyway, given how absolutely batshit the scoring's been this year, i don't think it's gonna make much difference what her scoring's like. but it'll be nice to have someone different on i suppose.

just keep voting for anyone but tom! (or dan)

Reactions: 7
it's daytime emmy, mouse - the emmys have separate daytime and primetime awards :)

anyway, given how absolutely batshit the scoring's been this year, i don't think it's gonna make much difference what her scoring's like. but it'll be nice to have someone different on i suppose.

I would like to state categorically that I see being able to vote as a privilege therefore unless Dan comes out with a Charleston Craig would get even his 7 paddle out for, I won’t be voting for him. There is no sympathy voting at Chez Briscoe!

Have we ever seen Nadiya do a Charleston before? Yes we have!

I’d forgotten that, it’s a decent effort. The Charleston must be the only dance where you’re encouraged to throw every single move possible at it! This is my second favourite dance of all time and by far my best Charleston:

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Interesting choice, she can be problematic with her opinions and has a bit of a reputation for being awkward so will be interesting to see how she does. As far as I'm aware she's never danced. Most of her awards were for the same role in the color purple . I think she also played Delores in the first uk tour of sister act after its initial London run
What are her problematic opinions? I'm not really familiar with her aside from her being cast in Wicked.

Interesting choice in Cynthia - bit random but I like her as an actor - no clue about her dancing ability.

Obsessed with the swinging rumour about Aljaz and Jeanette, he's not my cup of tea but he'd be like the ideal person to have at a swingers' party, friendly but non-sleazy.

Kai's impressions were really good and made me fancy him more, sorry!

It’s not got a cloaking device then? Vanishes at twilight 🤔

Reactions: 1
Interesting choice in Cynthia - bit random but I like her as an actor - no clue about her dancing ability.

Obsessed with the swinging rumour about Aljaz and Jeanette, he's not my cup of tea but he'd be like the ideal person to have at a swingers' party, friendly but non-sleazy.

Kai's impressions were really good and made me fancy him more, sorry!
Watching Kai do impressions makes me wonder how Neil is feeling? His attempts at humour went down like a lead balloon alongside his lacklustre partnerships then along comes Kai who is effortlessly funny and charming, is having a great first partnership and appears to be well liked by the public. He and Kai have been friends for a decade so I'm sure he's happy for his success but it must string a little. I feel a bit sorry for Neil.

• Haha
  • Heart
I'm not really bothered by whoever they select for guest judge. It's Musicals Week so the scoring would have been generous anyway, not to mention people have been moaning about scoring with the regular judging panel.

Cynthia was probably picked because she's freshly in the news.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.