Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it won’t happen, but as someone said up-thread, James Jordan would be an excellent choice. I enjoy his Twitter Critique on a Saturday evening.
He's burnt his bridges with Strictly now I think. There would have to be no one left in dancing, and even then it would be a toss up between him and a bag of flour!

I’ve had both vaccines, so has my husband. We both caught it from our single-vaccined teenager. We were all mildly unwell: not quite asymptomatic, but very close to it.
Same I got it from my teen who must have had it on the day he was vaxxed. No one else in the household got it and I had cold symptoms for a couple of days. We still had to 8solate for 10 days. My brothers friend had it unvaxxed and was in hospital for 3 weeks. He's 45.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
On the results show, after the second dance off, the camera pans towards Tess and she's always hurrying over awkwardly, like she's missed her cue. It's makes me laugh every week.
Every time she opens her mouth I cringe wondering what she's going to say next. They should never let her speak unscripted.
I don't think she's squealed "look at your little face" though this series...? Do the producers read on here and give her notes 🤣
I'm sure I heard her say it once this series.

"AW LOOK, THEY'RE ON THEIR FEET!!!!"

I FECKIN KNOW, I CAN SEE FOR MYSELF!!
(At least without pubic audiences, they're not forced into awkward standing ovations because our Tess pointed out they're on their feet).

Reactions: 4
Will pearls be clutched over this?? (remember Katya being criticised for saying 'whatever'?)!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
On the results show, after the second dance off, the camera pans towards Tess and she's always hurrying over awkwardly, like she's missed her cue. It's makes me laugh every week.
Every time she opens her mouth I cringe wondering what she's going to say next. They should never let her speak unscripted.
I don't think she's squealed "look at your little face" though this series...? Do the producers read on here and give her notes 🤣
There’s a little room off at the back and she apparently goes to read her next lot of lines (even though she has an autocue) and drinks wine. She’s always, always hurrying back 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm sure I heard her say it once this series.

"AW LOOK, THEY'RE ON THEIR FEET!!!!"

I FECKIN KNOW, I CAN SEE FOR MYSELF!!
(At least without pubic audiences, they're not forced into awkward standing ovations because our Tess pointed out they're on their feet).
She definitely said it. I wait for it through gritted teeth.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
🍌🍌🍌Love the Banana song!!!🍌🍌🍌:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hey, John & Johannes have an advantage - 'Mary Poppins' is been shown just before SCD this Saturday!!!
Oooh, that's a nice little push for them. I'm a little bit worried for John this week as neither of them seem overly enthused about this week's dance.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Just popped on to say I really cba with Tom doing a dance to On my own from Les Mis, I guess Carrie will be making an appearance 🥱

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Just popped on to say I really cba with Tom doing a dance to On my own from Les Mis, I guess Carrie will be making an appearance 🥱
Yep. Plus the choreo will be so predictable... You can already see the air grabs, the sitting back to back to begin or end with, the running leap, the earnest rolling on the floor and gesturing to a form disappearing into the smoke from the machine... 🥱

Unless this dance is actually Tom dancing On His Own as Eponine, there will be nothing original about this like they're claiming.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Oooh, that's a nice little push for them. I'm a little bit worried for John this week as neither of them seem overly enthused about this week's dance.

yeah, I'm a bit worried too tbh. when you're good and you get an oddball choice like that, you have to really sell it - faye's lonely goatherd is the gold standard for that kind of thing - and they're not thrilled with it

still, 🤞 dan will fall over or something and, clearly, sadly no one's voting for tilly, so... 🤞

yeah, I'm a bit worried too tbh. when you're good and you get an oddball choice like that, you have to really sell it - faye's lonely goatherd is the gold standard for that kind of thing - and they're not thrilled with it

still, 🤞 dan will fall over or something and, clearly, sadly no one's voting for tilly, so... 🤞
Agreed, though I'd be sad for Tilly, I think her and Nikita are both so lovely.

Can Tom just come out and flick double V signs or poo all over the floor or something so nobody votes for him? I need him to leave. 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I normally like a 4 person final but with both Tom & Dan still around, I'm thinking we dodged a massive bullet with it being a 3 person final this year, same with 2019 where the obvious top 3 were able to get through and the likes of Chris & Alex were shut out of the final (imagine either of them in the final?).

Hopefully the McFly fanbase aren't as bad as the Peloton fanbase in the States who have got their celeb to the final despite him being a poor dancer and very obviously not getting on with his partner (their dances have such a lack of chemistry, it's almost funny).

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Hopefully the McFly fanbase aren't as bad as the Peloton fanbase in the States who have got their celeb to the final despite him being a poor dancer and very obviously not getting on with his partner (their dances have such a lack of chemistry, it's almost funny).
Sorry for going OT (and slight spoiler for dwts?)

but how can Suni be eliminated over Peloton-dude. Her dances have gotten so much better and she seemed to finally become comfortable on the dance floor! That’s why I’m not a fan of public voting on shows like this …

I normally like a 4 person final but with both Tom & Dan still around, I'm thinking we dodged a massive bullet with it being a 3 person final this year, same with 2019 where the obvious top 3 were able to get through and the likes of Chris & Alex were shut out of the final (imagine either of them in the final?).

We just have to hope that the semi-final bottom 2 is Tom v AJ or John. Surely judges will send Tom home? The nightmare is eh masse voting for Tom creating an AJ/John DO :eek:

• Wow
Reactions: 5
We just have to hope that the semi-final bottom 2 is Tom v AJ or John. Surely judges will send Tom home? The nightmare is eh masse voting for Tom creating an AJ/John DO :eek:
This is what I'm most nervous about, the real battle is always the semi-final especially in a 3 person year we could potentially loose AJ or John to Tom. AJ and John need to both be 100% perfect to make it as hard as possible and that means two good semi final dances I guess that's when it becomes obvious if they have the producers support or not. Last year it felt like they were setting Ranvir up to fail with a candyman Jive.

The major disaster will be both John and AJ ending up in the dance of due to the McFly fan base. :cry:

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.