Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know he’s got dodgy teeth but I think I’m a little bit in love with Kai. Been down a rabbit hole watching videos of him on Dancing with the Stars Ireland. How cute is he here 😍 (dance at 1min 36)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Really disappointed with the song choices for Musicals. Just really bland. I know they have to throw in some classic, recognisable ones for people who aren't necessarily die-hard musical theatre fans but there's definitely scope to add in some lesser-known musicals that are a bit more modern. Plus two waltzes and two CCs (one of them obviously being a contemporary dance to a Les Mis song?) and the fact my beloved Aljaz won't even be there. Count me all the way out this week.
This. When I saw the song choices and dance combos I was so disappointed- seems like such a missed opportunity really for some original dances and show stopping moments, but I just felt meh reading it all. I’m really not a fan of couples choice, and two on one night is overkill!!!

just seen janette is the host for the live tour! Does she really have the power to hold an area audience??

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I know he’s got dodgy teeth but I think I’m a little bit in love with Kai. Been down a rabbit hole watching videos of him on Dancing with the Stars Ireland. How cute is he here 😍 (dance at 1min 36)
That is one of my favourite dances of Kai's the judges were so impressed by his choreography, he is especially good at the acting side of dancing.

One of my favourite pro dances from Ireland, the main female lead is Giulia Dotta Kai's ex, I would have loved to have seen her on Strictly she's a beautiful dancer.

I cant imagine even a speck of chemistry between Stace and Kev. Certainly wasn't visible when they were dancing together.
I thought it was obvious during the training videos and Social media, especially near the end the series, oddly it never really translated into dance chemistry.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
That was difficult to jive to, well done Kai - and was that a Westlife singer interviewing them?

Reactions: 3
That was difficult to jive to, well done Kai - and was that a Westlife singer interviewing them?
Yes Nicky he does the Claudia bits, he's actually very good, he has a lovely rapport with the celebs and the dancers. I love Strictly but DWTS Ireland has a much more light-hearted atmosphere it's main down fall is terrible lighting and dodgy camera work.

Reactions: 7
This. When I saw the song choices and dance combos I was so disappointed- seems like such a missed opportunity really for some original dances and show stopping moments, but I just felt meh reading it all. I’m really not a fan of couples choice, and two on one night is overkill!!!

just seen janette is the host for the live tour! Does she really have the power to hold an area audience??
My thinking is however bad Jeanette is she can’t possibly be as bad as Tess hosting the main show! I’m staggered she’s still there and they haven’t moved her on!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Kai actually looks his age here too. He seems to have aged massively looks wise in just a few years hence people being shocked that he’s only 26. Is it the teeth?! Stress of strictly?!

• Wow
I will never forget that episode I spent it howling laughing at Hughie

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Interesting fact I saw on Twitter, Craig RH hasn’t missed an episode of strictly ever in 19 years! Bless him

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Just booked tickets for Burn the floor in Bournemouth next July . You may find me there just looking at Kai and ignoring the Cliftons ( excluding Karen of course).

• Haha
Reactions: 7
absolutely lol’ing that they used the Glee cast version of this song 😂

This has inspired me to revisit Brendan’s finest moment on Strictly

It’s got everything: utterly barking routine, the standard spat with the judges, and Brendan’s trademarked Halloween week ‘shout out to the people who make this happen’ spiel 🤩

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

It’s got everything: utterly barking routine, the standard spat with the judges, and Brendan’s trademarked Halloween week ‘shout out to the people who make this happen’ spiel 🤩
😂😂
I remember being shocked how awful Michelle was at dancing, I expected her to dance better being part of destiny's child.

Reactions: 3
On the results show, after the second dance off, the camera pans towards Tess and she's always hurrying over awkwardly, like she's missed her cue. It's makes me laugh every week.
Every time she opens her mouth I cringe wondering what she's going to say next. They should never let her speak unscripted.
I don't think she's squealed "look at your little face" though this series...? Do the producers read on here and give her notes 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
On the results show, after the second dance off, the camera pans towards Tess and she's always hurrying over awkwardly, like she's missed her cue. It's makes me laugh every week.
Every time she opens her mouth I cringe wondering what she's going to say next. They should never let her speak unscripted.
I don't think she's squealed "look at your little face" though this series...? Do the producers read on here and give her notes 🤣
Oh unfortunately she has…. It’s part of her repertoire. I really wish the producers would read here, there’s some excellent suggestions for a better show 😁

• Haha
Every week I watch Strictly and say "shut up Tess" every time she speaks. It drives my Mr up the pole 🙃
Ditto when Gregg Wallace speaks on Masterchef but for him I drop the f bomb.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Kai actually looks his age here too. He seems to have aged massively looks wise in just a few years hence people being shocked that he’s only 26. Is it the teeth?! Stress of strictly?!
I suspect the last couple of years have possibly been stressful breaking up after a long relationship, lock down and the negative impact it has on dancers careers. I suspect he was suppose to have been a full Pro last year but due to cutting the numbers down they decided to hold him back a year and give him a proper introduction.
Ultimately I think he's just one of those guys that always looks older than their years (look at his first BGT he doesn't look like any 16 year old boy I went to school with!) then somehow as their peers start aging they stop and look really fine for their age.

Oh my I had forgot all about this :ROFLMAO: almost makes me miss Brendan! Can you imagine the meltdowns now a days if one of the current Pro's were to gob off at a judge. Katya causes outrage for silently whispering 'it's too late now!' at the judges before the dances off.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.