Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone help me out and explain the hype for Max? He really didn’t impress me in the first group dance. He seems to be quite nervous and not have much personality? I don’t know, I don’t know much about him but I just feel like he’ll struggle to live up to Jay’s legacy.

Now Jason on the other hand... I love him already. Am I the only one thinking Luba’s boyfriend (who looks like a rougher version of Gio) should look out?! There is definitely some chemistry there in her stories. Luba also looks pretty similar to Nadine Coyle (Jason’s ex), no? If he has a type... hmmm. I’m keeping an eye on that!

I don’t get why everyone dislikes Amy so much? She’s not my favourite and some of her choreo is bonkers but she’s nice enough. Same with all the pros, actually - I have ones I prefer over others, but apart from Anton and his dad jokes and absolutely embarrassing attempts at Latin, I don’t really mind any of them.

Reactions: 8
Tango might be a good Week 1 dance for Max - one of the easier dances and the intensity of it would suit his style. Dianne seems to be more of a ballroom dancer as well which helps.

I think he seemed really nervous on the launch show.

Reactions: 2
Someone help me out and explain the hype for Max? He really didn’t impress me in the first group dance. He seems to be quite nervous and not have much personality? I don’t know, I don’t know much about him but I just feel like he’ll struggle to live up to Jay’s legacy.

Now Jason on the other hand... I love him already. Am I the only one thinking Luba’s boyfriend (who looks like a rougher version of Gio) should look out?! There is definitely some chemistry there in her stories. Luba also looks pretty similar to Nadine Coyle (Jason’s ex), no? If he has a type... hmmm. I’m keeping an eye on that!

I don’t get why everyone dislikes Amy so much? She’s not my favourite and some of her choreo is bonkers but she’s nice enough. Same with all the pros, actually - I have ones I prefer over others, but apart from Anton and his dad jokes and absolutely embarrassing attempts at Latin, I don’t really mind any of them.
I think max is actually quite a shy person; I think people may think because he's a good looking guy from a boy band he must have this bravado but in fact all accounts I've heard from him (I never followed The Wanted) he was actually one of the shyer members. He did seem shy and more withheld in the group number (it was only brief and they would have only a short amount of time to prepare) but I think with the right training we could get some good dances out of him. It would be unfair to compare him to Jay as at the end of the day; its 5 years later, hes older, he has a different partner, will be doing different dances and choreography, and more importantly Jay was more of a dancer and did have some dance experience.

Jason is a bit of surprise in terms of how charming he comes across; I'l hold all reservations until I see his dance. I think Luba and him are just building a good report; I can't be arsed about the whole 'strictly curse' its a load of nonsense.

Reactions: 7
I think max is actually quite a shy person; I think people may think because he's a good looking guy from a boy band he must have this bravado but in fact all accounts I've heard from him (I never followed The Wanted) he was actually one of the shyer members. He did seem shy and more withheld in the group number (it was only brief and they would have only a short amount of time to prepare) but I think with the right training we could get some good dances out of him. It would be unfair to compare him to Jay as at the end of the day; its 5 years later, hes older, he has a different partner, will be doing different dances and choreography, and more importantly Jay was more of a dancer and did have some dance experience.

Jason is a bit of surprise in terms of how charming he comes across; I'l hold all reservations until I see his dance. I think Luba and him are just building a good report; I can't be arsed about the whole 'strictly curse' its a load of nonsense.
Thanks for the info about Max (not my cup of tea looks wise at all, but I think I’m probably in the minority there!)

I don’t buy into the “Strictly curse” in the way the media put it... but I do think that attractive people who spend 10+ hours a day mostly alone, for weeks on end, in a competitive environment, acting out romantic storylines and having to get used to being very physically close, often in skimpy clothing, can and does lead to intense attraction between some couples, and maybe more!

It’s similar in many other jobs I think, like the way so many actors hook up with each other on overseas shoots.

I don’t think there is Stacey Dooley thread so is it ok I post this here? But I really don’t like her, wouldn’t trust her as far as I could throw her. Her and king :sick: kev are 🐍🐍

Thanks for the info about Max (not my cup of tea looks wise at all, but I think I’m probably in the minority there!)

I don’t buy into the “Strictly curse” in the way the media put it... but I do think that attractive people who spend 10+ hours a day mostly alone, for weeks on end, in a competitive environment, acting out romantic storylines and having to get used to being very physically close, often in skimpy clothing, can and does lead to intense attraction between some couples, and maybe more!

It’s similar in many other jobs I think, like the way so many actors hook up with each other on overseas shoots.
That's true but I just think they're just friends; I mean I would say you would want to be friendly with someone when they're teaching you to dance and you could potentially be spending 3 months together 6 days a week for 10+ hours a day.

I don’t think there is Stacey Dooley thread so is it ok I post this here? But I really don’t like her, wouldn’t trust her as far as I could throw her. Her and king :sick: kev are 🐍🐍
I don’t massively dislike her but I get an off feeling from her and always have, even before SCD. Never minded Kevin too much. Do you think they’re snakes because of what we know from the press or is there another reason? I can’t help but suspect other contestants were thrown under the bus that series by the powers that be to cover over her and Kevvo’s ‘blossoming friendship’. I have absolutely no evidence of that, it is merely a suspicion on my part.

I loved the launch show and preferred it a little lower key. I’m most looking forward to Bill this series! I was shocked by how shy Max seemed!

Reactions: 5
The show is just going to be on Saturday including result show. No spoliers won't be done anymore. No Strictly on Sundays. (Well this Sunday)
I believe they said that there's no elimination this week so worth a check for next Sunday?

The show is just going to be on Saturday including result show. No spoliers won't be done anymore. No Strictly on Sundays. (Well this Sunday)
On the first live show there is never a sunday night results show as no one leaves the first week; the first elimination show will be next sunday.

Reactions: 1
I really don't see the attraction for Joe Sugg. I can't take their relationship seriously.
Well they've been together for almost 2 years and live together so I think they are doing well.

I don't see the attraction for Harry Styles but a lot of these young ones love him but there you go you cant find everyone in the world attractive ☮

Reactions: 9
There will be audience members but very little; spaced out wearing masks. If you watched the launch show you can see them.

There's no guarantee for spoilers this year as there is less audience (the spoiler mole always came from an audience member) but the main guy on twitter Dave Thorp who runs the strictly spoiler account and website says he will try his best but no guarantees.

So it might mean a good old fashioned back in the day waiting till the sunday results show
I honestly don’t think it is an audience member, I think it must be part of the team. Nobody knows until the Saturday morning who will be in the audience so how would Dave Thorpe get the info from them? The year we were there, the warm up guy mentioned it a few times, to the point I thought it was him...I just don’t get why they’re running with the Sunday night show.

I think a lot of people will enjoy the smaller audiences because there will be less cheering and clapping. We were told to make as much noise as we could, and in the pre-recorded bits, if they were doing another take we would be told again to keep the noise up

I think sometimes the spoilers are leaked by members of the crew.

Can we talk about the relationship between Gorka, Gemma and Alexandra? Gorka and Alex seemed to get on really well in beginning, then midway through it all changed and he looked as though he couldn’t stand to be in the same room as her. Something obviously happened, then when Gorka was dropped last series Alex posted a cryptic message about ‘karma’. Can’t stand Alexandra, and there have been rumours about her being difficult and diva since she was a contestant on the X Factor. I always wondered if she thought that Gorka should fancy her, even though she has a boyfriend, and had her nose put out of joint by Gemma. Purely speculating obviously. But it fascinates me.

Last edited:
I think sometimes the spoilers are leaked by members of the crew.

Can we talk about the relationship between Gorka, Gemma and Alexandra? Gorka and Alex seemed to get on really well in beginning, then midway through it all changed and he looked as though he couldn’t stand to be in the same room as her. Something obviously happened, then when Gorka was dropped last series Alex posted a cryptic message about ‘karma’. Can’t stand Alexandra, and there have been rumours about her being difficult and diva since she was a contestant on the X Factor. I always wondered if she thought that Gorka should fancy her, even though she has a boyfriend, and had her nose put out of joint by Gemma. Purely speculating obviously. But it fascinates me.
I wonder what when on there too, i always remember when they would go in the claudiatorium bit and when Alexandra would do her emotional shocked spiel each week some of the pros and other celebs had faces that said nonsense!

Reactions: 3
I can tell you when I saw the tour when Alexander was in I was in an area and the people booed her. She was also at the bottom on the score board plus she didn't lift up the trophy on tour from what was said. I don't like Alexander way fussy for me.
I know in Blackpool with a rumour said that Gemma had a little fight with Gorka over something but thats just a paper rumour. Gorka didn't see Gemma go on dates till after the show ended. Their were getting to know eachother. Of Alexander thinks that Gorka didn't pull his weight cause he was thinking of Gemma then thats bs. Gorka worled so hard and you can see he was having problems with her. Just cause she won x factor she thought she can win SCD. Plus the reason Gorka didn't dance last year is he was a new dad and wanted to spend enough time with his new family. Gorka said he just do pro dancing and he didn't want step in for Neil who by the way asked for Kevin as Neil knew Gorka wanted to spend time at home. Plus it's not the first time pros have stepped in for other pros Brandon stepped in twice one year with in weeks of one pro hurting himself and anotjer one coming down ill. Kevin was asked. He actually didn't want to as.he would at stick but their needed someone for Alex. Who was mich better with Kevin than Neil.
Soz rant over.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.