Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see it's been reported that Max is doing a,tango this weekend. Has this been done this early? If he gets over his nerves it could be quite good.

Any other leaks of the dances the celebs are doing?
Yeah looks like Max is dancing the tango from the article below confirming his wrist is not a serious injury; it's a dance where you stay in hold for a good part of it so he may get away with it for his first dance especially with Dianne teaching; she's always been a good teacher with her celebs.

Yes; Saffron's first dance last year was the tango.

I haven't seen any other leaked dances yet but I think they may be revealed tomorrow on the strictly twitter/instagram accounts.

Reactions: 1
Tango is an easier dance than many others. I'm glad they've put it into the Week 1 roster - would be dull to only have 6 Waltzes for ballroom.

Reactions: 2

The news of the songs and dances each of the couples are doing!

Bill and Oti: Cha Cha Cha to Pata Pata by Miriam Makeba

Caroline and Johannes: American Smooth to 9-5 (Morning Train) by Sheena Easton

Clara and Aljaž: Cha Cha Cha to Don't Start Now by Dua Lipa

HRVY and Janette: Jive to Faith by Stevie Wonder feat. Ariana Grande

Jacqui and Anton: Foxtrot to Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life by Monty Python

Jamie and Karen: Cha Cha Cha to Think About Things by Daði og Gagnamagnið

Jason and Luba: American Smooth to My Girl by The Temptations

JJ and Amy: Waltz to What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong

Maisie and Gorka: Samba to Samba (Conga) by Gloria Estefan

Max and Dianne: Tango to Best Fake Smile by James Bay

Nicola and Katya: Quickstep to Get Happy by Ella Fitzgerald

Ranvir and Giovanni: Paso Doble to End of Time by Beyoncé

American Smooth in Week 1? Should only be the 10 ballroom & latins.

What do we think of the song choices?

In terms of who has the better songs I would say that goes to: Clara, HRVY, Jason, JJ, Maisie, Max, Nicola and Ranvir.

Regardless of the song it all depends on how they dance to it, I've listened to songs couples will be dancing to on the saturday in the past and gone what the heck??? But with the live singers, band and great costumes and dance it can all still work.

Seems a decent line up but at least it doesn’t appear they’re doing the match the song to the persons job thing.

Reactions: 4
Seems a decent line up but at least it doesn’t appear they’re doing the match the song to the persons job thing.
Thank god! I hate it when they do that. They may do it later on down the line though.

Is anyone thinking their engineering for Maisie to be the female version of Kelvin with a samba for her first dance?? Especially when they know already she can dance well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Thank god! I hate it when they do that. They may do it later on down the line though.

Is anyone thinking their engineering for Maisie to be the female version of Kelvin with a samba for her first dance?? Especially when they know already she can dance well.
Definitely. Just watch them down play her previous dance experience too. Its noticeable Gorka is barely featuring her in his stories. I suspect even he realises she's the weakest link

They gave her quite a good song for Samba as well so I think she probably has the top score in the bag for Week 1, I can see her killing it for sure.

Kelvin & Maisie don't have the same appeal though so I don't think they can try and replicate his journey for her.

They gave her quite a good song for Samba as well so I think she probably has the top score in the bag for Week 1, I can see her killing it for sure.

Kelvin & Maisie don't have the same appeal though so I don't think they can try and replicate his journey for her.
She may be a Karim; go in with a bang and get some great scores for the first few weeks but then one wrong step or a dance that may not go as well and she'll be knocked off her perch; that's when more of the 'journey' contestants may take centre stage if they do a great dance.

Although she has on her side a lot of the young ones who seem to like her and she's from eastenders where the previous EE contestants seem to do well as they have the london and all around the uk fan base.

Reactions: 3
Amy joined strictly straight from competition world and she owns her dance school so she probably has competing on the brain unlike some of the other pros who left the competing world years before they joined strictly.

She might chill out if she did win but then may just leave after she lifts the glitterball. Na didn't miss Kevin at all; it's not like I hate him or anything but the whole 'always the bridesmaid never the bride' quote he placed on himself before he won left a bitter taste.

I don't think she was angry or upset with the fact that JJ was her partner but I think its the fact she knows already she's not going to get as far in the competition. I think she's had a taste of doing great dances and reaching the final with Karim that for the future if she gets a partner who will be less likely to do that she will be grimacing unlike say Katya or Dianne or Johannes with whoever they get they have pure smiles on their faces.
I don’t think Kevin meant anything bad by that it’s just a statement ... he got to the semis I think was it four times? I can’t remember. But I think all the pros would like to win it means a lot to them so I can’t really blame any of them for wanting to win?? Wouldn’t you want to win

I don’t think Kevin meant anything bad by that it’s just a statement ... he got to the semis I think was it four times? I can’t remember. But I think all the pros would like to win it means a lot to them so I can’t really blame any of them for wanting to win?? Wouldn’t you want to win
I don't think he meant anything bad by it either but by saying it you're sort or making it more known to the public that you're fed up of being running up. He got to the finals 4 times in a row then got to week 10 with Susan then won with Stacey. He's got further than some of the pro's before he won who were on the show longer than him eg. Anton and Brendan but it seems he wasn't even happy with that. Yes of course the pros would want to win; who wouldn't is right; it's more of the fact that he seemed not to even be happy with even being runner up; Janette has been on the show for as long as him and has not even made to a final. Everyone knows kevin has had it lucky with the partners he's gotten; never got a duffer until his final year (which I know is not his fault). He gave interviews after his win saying he was wondering when was it going to happen; I reiterate yes it would be nice to win but it's more about the competition itself; at the end of the day the pros get paid the same unless you get to the final where you receive (supposedly) a small bonus.

OMG - an Anton routine to Monty Python?

Nothing at all against Jacqui but I'm cringing at the thought of what this Foxtrot will look like.

Absolutely HATED the "Life of Brian" when I saw it in lockdown.

Based on his post Max's outfit could be one to not miss

What do you think the reaction will be from the Joe fans 😬😂

Based on his post Max's outfit could be one to not miss

What do you think the reaction will be from the Joe fans 😬😂
I doubt it will be from the Joe fans more likely from the disturbed trolls who basically wish Dianne did not exist.

Reactions: 3
See Amy’s trying to get into Shirley’s good book before the weekend by claiming she’s reading her autobiography, which of course is amazing 😂😂 🍗

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.