Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Yeah, I think everyone who lives outside of London has had to move to London for the series anyway. Jacqui is in her own flat, so I'm guessing Anton can stay at home. Isn't Max living with his brother? His gf is up Manchester way I think.
Oh yeah thats right hes living with his brother.

glasgow27

VIP Member
Yeah she did well and won the children in need special last year with Kevin so she would fit into 'ringer' category but I'm thinking the whole 'spliff' controversy may put her in jeopardy plus the reports of that she's a 'little madam' as well.

If she's deffo a contestant this year I could see her partnered with Gorka as AJ is no longer on the show.

It seems with the higher profile female contestants so far they are deffo pushing for a female winner this year ala 2018 season.
None of the women announced yet strike me as likely winners. It'll be more of the same - the cast stacked with female contenders and mediocre male contestants with 1 or 2 contenders amongst the men, one of whom ends up winning. It's happened several times and they still don't change it.

Stacking the cast with a few more male ringers might actually make a female victory more likely if the men cancel out each other's vote. In a year like 2015, Jay stood out as the only decent male in a year with tons of female contenders and it was kinda the same with Scottish Joe in 2017 once Aston was eliminated.

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
To be honest Neil technically was never 'obliged' a partner. When he, Chloe and Aj signed up in 2016 they were only signed up as 'part time pros' to be there for group dances, it takes two appearances and to be there if a pro got injured, they were told they were never guaranteed a celeb (this is from an interview chloe did after she was not asked back in 2018). AJ only got a partner in 2016 as they at the last minute got Claudia as a contestant and hence they give her AJ. I think it was more the fact that more of the audience wondered if Neil was ever going to get a partner after being on the show for 3 years and also I truly believe it was a PR move after the whole katya/seann kiss gate.

I felt for Gorka as he therefore got caught up in the middle of the whole 'give neil a partner' scenario as he was the pro chosen as the one to be benched which can seem unfair as he was hired as a full time dancer in 2016 but I guess he could spend more time with Mia and Gemma in the end so it had its upside. I'm just glad were back to Gorka dancing and Neil being benched.

I wonder how it going to go next year as they more than likely be hiring a male pro to replace Kevin & AJ (which looks like it will be Kai Widdrington). I would like to see Graziano get another shot after the whole Vick Hope mess which may mean Kai might be benched for his first year with Neil.
I've wondered if they would have let Neil go along with Chloe in 2018 if he hadn't been married to Katya at the time. They clearly had no intention of giving Chloe a partner so thought it best to end her contract, yet still kept Neil on the bench

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Most of the Strictly lot on Digital Spy are crazy. Thank goodness I no longer have an account there.

Harry Judd & Louis Smith won back to back and they were kinda similar. At the moment, I see Max as the most likely winner. I just think that Maisie & HRVY won't get the votes. Jury out on Jamie & Jason, they could go either way.

Maybe if Caroline is good, she could win? It would be interesting to see someone older win for a change. Difficult to predict except that I'm very confident that Jacqui Smith is 1st out and I see JJ Chalmers & Ranvir Singh as the 2nd and 3rd out in whatever order.
I check in on DS to see the gossip from time to time :sneaky:

Yeah Harry & Louis were sort of similar but I think Kelvin and Max seem even more similar. I think Maisie and Max seem to be the front runners so far; probably Maisie ahead of Max as she is a girl and a guy won it last year, and she is from a well loved soap and we know a lot of the viewers love a current actor from a soap in the final :p. The only thing I guess she has against her is dance experience so she could be like a Karim in that sense but if she is loveable enough she could be like a Stacey Dooley/Emma Barton.

The older person winning??? They would have to do a hell of a lot like really good dances like a Debbie Mcgee as well as being extremely likeable which I can see Caroline being so who knows she could get quite far as there are less contestants this year.

I think Jacqui, Bill and Ranvir seem to be first out candidates but who knows.

The first interviews are out:

glasgow27

VIP Member
I really liked the best of final episode tonight! Although I have to admit I definitely shed some tears on Carolines part 😿; such a sad story but she was definitely a star on strictly ⭐

Moving to a funnier note I'm excited for the new series to start next week and I'm glad there is going to be new dances to go mad over and a new champion. I'm saying this because if I have to see Oti gloat one more time........................... :rolleyes:

SPOILER ALERT:

I've done some digging based on who the pros and contestants follow on instagram and there are 2 potential couples. Obviously this is just a guess and I've put in a spoiler tab in case people don't want to know. I'd advise anyone not to look at the pros/contestant follow lists on instagram if they don't want to be spoiled (even though this isn't a definite).

Karen is following Max and no other contestant

Gorka is following Maisie and no other contestant

Katya and Nicola is a go from pap pics.

Anyway the VT's and first interviews are being filmed on Monday and then the first show on Saturday!!!! :love:
Karen & Max seems interesting, could see that one working. I guess he could be her best dancer yet?

Gorka really deserves a partner like Maisie, he's been overlooked compared to the other younger male pros. Would love if this was true.

Burgh Gal

I think this could be a strange year for pairings with a few surprises. The interview a few pages back with the Executive Producer said that one half of the partnership will have to be a single household so I reckon they'll do the partnerships based on that, so a contestant living with family will have a partner who does already or could live alone. I can see a few wildcards on the horizon in terms of partnerships...

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Max George! I wondered why he kept appearing in the press with Ryan Gigg's ex wife recently!

Caroline Quentin

Jason Bell (who?)

Lemontree04

Chatty Member
According to The Sun Nadiya is another pro who won't get a celeb partner this year.

Meanwhile, Neil and his girlfriend are in the headlines again. Apparently she was reported as an illegal immigrant by her ex.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
If you had the opportunity to be a contestant on Strictly, would you do it?
Do you mean if I was a celebrity or let's say they did a civilian episode?

To answer both than yes definitely!

I mean if I was an A-list celeb like a well known singer or actor then no but if I was a celeb looking to give their career a kick start or if opportunities had dwindled than why not.

The pay is the best of all the reality/competing shows as its the BBC plus its the most well loved by the public.

M.fairy

Chatty Member
will there be a male - male partnership (unsure of correct term) ?
Male same sex partnership - and no not competing, two of the pros dance together last year, resulting in a lot of backlash, but hopefully the British public can’t get over their homophobia and it will be a more common thing especially as same sex female partners are quite common in ballroom anways

Pamellla

The first show which is pre-recorded will air the 17th October then the first live show will air the 24th October.

Leading up to this strictly are airing a best of strictly series this saturday with movie week, followed by musicals week, blackpool week then the final week.
Thank you!

Rita.

VIP Member
Agree, it's a no from me to James and Brendan, their egos would be out of control. Speaking of Brendan, I'm currently watching through playlists of old Strictly series, and ive just watched the monstronsity that is Brendan and Lisa Snowdon's showdance :eek: what the hell was that? He was hauling her around like a shiny sack of potatoes :LOL:🥔

I think the week or so before, they had a really accomplished show dance couple on in the pro slot and I'm certain that made Brendan's imagination go into overdrive. Poor Lisa. She looked like she was going to be stuffed into an oven and served up with cranberry sauce and chipolatas.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
For me I don't want an ex-pro as a judge.

I would rather a judge from the ballroom/latin world who knows what they're talking about and who is not biased for any contestant.

glasgow27

VIP Member
He's 21 and I doubt the BBC would have booked him if he fell into any other sort of vulnerable category so I reckon that he'll be fine as long as he does his isolation. Might mean that he needs to meet his partner via Zoom though.

Bit of perspective ultimately needed - better that someone (and one of the least at risk in the cast) tests positive a few weeks pre-series than anything happening during the middle of the series or to someone at more risk.