Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shirley is a very inconsistent judge. Does anyone remember Claudia Fragapane (gymnast)? I'm still annoyed at Shirley's scoring over her!!
Motsi behaves more like a fan.
I miss Darcy, she was always fair & gave very good technical advice.
Missing the Bruno. At least we have Craig talking sense I suppose!
Claudia really deserved to be in the final that year, her show dance would of been great to watch

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm addicted to SCD and i'm so excited that there's a thread here. I think Maisey will win - although she can come across a bit pretentious. (I think it's more her 'Momager' than her really.) I like Bill and Caroline and I'd like to see them do well.

Reactions: 1
I'm addicted to SCD and i'm so excited that there's a thread here. I think Maisey will win - although she can come across a bit pretentious. (I think it's more her 'Momager' than her really.) I like Bill and Caroline and I'd like to see them do well.
If I take away my personal views of them both, I think Maisie and HRVY are both already brilliant dancers due to their existing experience (sorry HRVYS not buying your I'm so nervous as I've not done this before act) and are great to watch. However as a massive fan for years, I think I'll soon become bored of them as it'll feel like the same every week.

I think someone like Jason or Max if he can come a bit out of his shell will win as people always back the one who's gone through a journey but can also dance. Kelvin was the only difference last year because everyone else was dull

Amazingly no one is annoying me so far. I think Maisie and Gorka work really well together. I much prefer her confidence to Hrvy's 'what's a jive? I'm completely clueless about this dancing thing' schtick. But saying that, he's far less irritating than I thought he would be

Such a different set of personalities from last year. Most of the 2019 lot were so dull. As soon as Jamie finished dancing on Saturday, I realised how much of a sliding doors moment him getting injured was - did they originally hope Anton would be the winner (and then possibly retire?) Without Kelvin, the only decent male celeb would have been Karim, and I don't think he was popular enough to win. I guess we'll never know

Reactions: 8
Amazingly no one is annoying me so far. I think Maisie and Gorka work really well together. I much prefer her confidence to Hrvy's 'what's a jive? I'm completely clueless about this dancing thing' schtick. But saying that, he's far less irritating than I thought he would be

Such a different set of personalities from last year. Most of the 2019 lot were so dull. As soon as Jamie finished dancing on Saturday, I realised how much of a sliding doors moment him getting injured was - did they originally hope Anton would be the winner (and then possibly retire?) Without Kelvin, the only decent male celeb would have been Karim, and I don't think he was popular enough to win. I guess we'll never know
As much as I dislike Kelvin, I do hope that in their post series briefings, they realised what the series without him would have looked like. Tons of mediocre dancers, dull personalities and people from backgrounds that didn't appeal to the main audience of the show (it was bad enough that Alex & Chris who were demographic favourites made it to 5th & 4th place respectively). We could have ended up with a really underwhelming champion and final. It should have really been a kick up the backside to the show as they were really lucky that things turned out the way they did.

Seems like they got good picks for this year, hopefully that will continue post COVID when more celebs are fully booked.

Reactions: 4
I fear that Jason Bell may not get that many votes as he doesn’t have a UK fan base but I’ve fallen in love with him! I really hope he and Luba do well. Is anyone going to vote for them?
He might get votes from Girls Aloud fans? Nadine Coyle fans? He has my vote :love:

Reactions: 2
Jason seems like such a nice bloke doesn’t he? I really want him to do well.

Reactions: 7

Thats what I thought. And I love Anton 😳😳😳

Anyone else really enjoying Rylan on ITT?

I have nothing against Zoe but after a long day, I do generally prefer Rylan's more relaxed hosting style where the interviews feel more natural and aren't at 1000mph.

Reactions: 10

I have nothing against Zoe but after a long day, I do generally prefer Rylan's more relaxed hosting style where the interviews feel more natural and aren't at 1000mph.
If I’m honest Zoe just isn’t for me. I have nothing against her personally, I’m sure she’s lovely, her interviewing style just seems forced and full of fake enthusiasm, like “WOW OH MY GOODNESS YES WE LOVE IT!” all over a purple shirt or something, just not for me. I think the fact that she gets paid soooooo much is also part of it.

Completely agree, I’ll just be watching Thursdays and Fridays. When Zoe Ball’s on we like to play a game of ‘how long will it take for her to mention she was a contestant’ 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4

I like them both, Rylan is more soothing but Zoe interviews the way I suspect I'd be in a similar situation 🤣 I get very overexcited by it all!

As much as I dislike Kelvin, I do hope that in their post series briefings, they realised what the series without him would have looked like. Tons of mediocre dancers, dull personalities and people from backgrounds that didn't appeal to the main audience of the show (it was bad enough that Alex & Chris who were demographic favourites made it to 5th & 4th place respectively). We could have ended up with a really underwhelming champion and final. It should have really been a kick up the backside to the show as they were really lucky that things turned out the way they did.

Seems like they got good picks for this year, hopefully that will continue post COVID when more celebs are fully booked.
I actually had to go look up who was in last years show as I'd totally forgotten, apart from Kelvin! Who on earth thought some random viscountess would be a suitable entry....

I think Strictly could be revitalised this year as so many more people are tuning in due to the fact they've got nothing better to do on a Saturday night just now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I actually had to go look up who was in last years show as I'd totally forgotten, apart from Kelvin! Who on earth thought some random viscountess would be a suitable entry....
Exactly - not even remotely a celebrity and it's not like she was chosen because she was secretly a great dancer or huge personality - found her personality and her dancing both as interesting as watching paint dry/grass grow/water boil/Van Tam's COVID conferences (take your pick). Very possibly a last minute replacement.

Then you had people the main audience would never vote for like Michelle, Jamie and Saffron (and even Dev, Radio presenters rarely get the votes).

2019 was easily the worst ever series of the main show, the only good thing was It Takes Two that year.

Exactly - not even remotely a celebrity and it's not like she was chosen because she was secretly a great dancer or huge personality - found her personality and her dancing both as interesting as watching paint dry/grass grow/water boil/Van Tam's COVID conferences (take your pick). Very possibly a last minute replacement.

Then you had people the main audience would never vote for like Michelle, Jamie and Saffron (and even Dev, Radio presenters rarely get the votes).

2019 was easily the worst ever series of the main show, the only good thing was It Takes Two that year.

It annoys me when people go on about how it doesn't matter if they don't have well-known names because we get to know then as the series goes on etc etc. Compare the 'who???' reactions last year to the Bill Bailey reveal this year - it really does matter. The announcements of Emma Weymouth and Saffron were so ridiculous - almost like a form of gaslighting with Strictly desperately trying to convince us these were exciting reveals

Also, a special shout out to 2018 when they'd revealed all but two names, and I was convinced they must be saving the best until last. And then the last two reveals were... Susannah Constantine and Charles Venn 😂

(Although I did love the Charles Venn samba)

• Haha
It annoys me when people go on about how it doesn't matter if they don't have well-known names because we get to know then as the series goes on etc etc. Compare the 'who???' reactions last year to the Bill Bailey reveal this year - it really does matter. The announcements of Emma Weymouth and Saffron were so ridiculous - almost like a form of gaslighting with Strictly desperately trying to convince us these were exciting reveals

Also, a special shout out to 2018 when they'd revealed all but two names, and I was convinced they must be saving the best until last. And then the last two reveals were... Susannah Constantine and Charles Venn 😂

You're spot on there - names that excite people will bring in the viewers. Granted, there are a few whingers who don't like any of the names but it's not an issue unless most of the audience have no clue who someone is.

I don't mind if they have a few lesser known names if the BBC sees potential in them for future work (maybe presenting?) and is trying to give them more exposure for their popularity or if they have a great personality/dancing potential and the BBC think they'd be perfect for the show. Though they still need a reasonable number of names that get people excited.

Viscountess Emma & Saffron were in neither of those categories, you can't seriously expect people to have been excited for them.

They should ditch Jason Gilkison & his behind the scenes assistants and instead, use the money saved to attract a few more names of Bill Bailey's calibre.

But then last year the only contestants I already knew were Michelle and Saffron. (Not saying I liked her, but I knew who she was.) I ended up falling in love with Chris, Mike, Karim, Will, and Catherine.

In 2018 I’d only heard of Joe and Danny and I ended up adoring basically all of them.

Every celebrity has a different demographic audience. I had only heard of Bill and Nicola this year and my mum only knew Bill and Caroline. A lot of the younger audience love HRVY but I’ve never heard of him. I’m just one of the people who doesn’t really care for who is announced as I know I will get to know them, but I know that not everyone is the same.

Reactions: 2
Where does it say Celebrity Strictly come dancing??
No where. Cause a lot of "Celebrity's" aren't known has "Celebrity's" their a Celeb. But not well known.
Like at the start every famous Celebrity was on. It's been the last what 5 years the who has come out. I don't know most of this year but I'm okay with that.

Now if you seem Dancing with the stars. The name is right their 'stars' stars means Celebrity in another word.

I'm fed up of this who who game. Google the person. I had to google HVRY, Clara and some others.

I'd argue that HRVY has achieved something - he's done a fair few songs. Clara is a regular presenter on BBC radio. If the Viscountess can get on the show, so can any of us.

Where does it say Celebrity Strictly come dancing??
No where. Cause a lot of "Celebrity's" aren't known has "Celebrity's" their a Celeb. But not well known.
Like at the start every famous Celebrity was on. It's been the last what 5 years the who has come out. I don't know most of this year but I'm okay with that.

Now if you seem Dancing with the stars. The name is right their 'stars' stars means Celebrity in another word.

I'm fed up of this who who game. Google the person. I had to google HVRY, Clara and some others.
I'm not saying everyone has to have heard of all the contestants, that's never going to happen. But it IS a celebrity dance show. And having some well known, exciting names in the line up and seeing them try something that's out of their comfort zone is the whole point of the show

It's great that you like the show with lesser known names. I still enjoy it, but unfortunately last year those lesser known names = the dullest personalities, and that's when the show suffers imo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.