Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I the only one massively disappointed with Motsi as a judge? I was really excited when she was announced but she offers no technical critique at all and reacts like she's a performer but not got any dancing qualifications. She doesn't say anything to help them develop and isn't adding anything.

He gets a lot of criticism but at least Craig comments on thing's the celebs should focus on to make them technically better. Shirley's constant criticism of the female pros choreography is out of order and should be something she says off screen. All it does it help to undermine the celebs relationship with their teacher.
I hate (like sets my teeth on edge level of hate) when Craig gives technical feedback and the audience are encouraged to boo. I know nothing about dancing but like to hear the terminology and technical language.

Reactions: 17
Clearly Motsi got the job as a result of nepotism but I actually really like her as a judge and I didn’t think I would. She is a bit extra but I think that balances out the dynamic of the judges and she always makes sure to give constructive feedback towards the end of her comments. I’m also enjoying Bruno’s absence and not having to see him make a spectacle of himself every week :LOL:

Reactions: 3
I’m sick of it being the oti show (along with janette) the pro dances are becoming a bore because of the obvious favouritism.
Agreed! They always get favoured above the other pro girls!

Add to all that Shirley critiquing her choreography, just because she didn't like the fusion, even though Neil did a similar tango fusion last year & she hadn't got an issue with it. It's week 1 & Shirley undermining Dianne seems quite harsh & petty & can effect the celebrity as they trust the pro 100% to get them through the competition & Shirley's comments about Dianne's choreography could make Max doubt Dianne's ability & make him second guess everything she teaches him, which will end in them being eliminated fairly quickly.
I can't believe that Shirley critiqued the choreography saying she would have preferred it more traditional like whats Max supposed to do with that information it's not like he's a ballroom expert; it was such a dig at Dianne! :mad: Deffo they are getting my full votes on Saturday!

I suspect as Bill is with Oti then he will probably wont get as much harsh feedback especially from Motsi!

Reactions: 11
Am I the only one massively disappointed with Motsi as a judge? I was really excited when she was announced but she offers no technical critique at all and reacts like she's a performer but not got any dancing qualifications. She doesn't say anything to help them develop and isn't adding anything.
Not a fan of her, jo issue with her being related to Oti but she gives no legit critique. It's a tad insulting to pay a licence fee and knowing that some of the money goes to the salary of someone who doesn't even try to give actual critiques. Anyone could do what she does.

I wonder why she was ever picked as judge in the first place.

Reactions: 6
Agreed! They always get favoured above the other pro girls!

I can't believe that Shirley critiqued the choreography saying she would have preferred it more traditional like whats Max supposed to do with that information it's not like he's a ballroom expert; it was such a dig at Dianne! :mad: Deffo they are getting my full votes on Saturday!

I suspect as Bill is with Oti then he will probably wont get as much harsh feedback especially from Motsi!
This is why I said some pages back that Shirley seems to think these celebrities are going to become dancers. She too what the word Critique as you said. I feel she too harsh as I said she makes out that their new career be dancing

Shirley’s a bleeping jealous vindictive witch. Dianne should have pretended to be reading Shirley’s god awful autobiography last night and posted about it on Instagram. 10s all round then.
I can’t stand Shirley either she always criticises the female pros Choreography but not the males as much. I felt sorry for dianne it’s like getting a telling off in front of everyone

Can you imagine how hard it is for Dianne, not only is she having to choreograph and teach someone with zero dance skills (unlike a lot of the other celebs) she’s living on her own, getting death threats for just doing her job (tho other pros can relax and show off their partnership) also Max is nervous and doesn’t have the popularity as some of the other celebs and now Shirley going to be nasty to her for no reason.
I’m surprised how nervous max is as I always thought he seemed confident in the wanted. I know it’s different but still would have thought he’d be confident

Reactions: 4
Something really off about HRVY I can’t quite put my finger on!

plus the fact I cannot pronounce those letters as ‘Harvey’, it is ‘HRRRRVYYYYY’ in this house 😂
He's "the fella with no vowels" or "the fella with no bowels" in this house, depending on the mood!

• Haha
Reactions: 5

He gets a lot of criticism but at least Craig comments on thing's the celebs should focus on to make them technically better. Shirley's constant criticism of the female pros choreography is out of order and should be something she says off screen. All it does it help to undermine the celebs relationship with their teacher.
I agree with you. I often get the feeling of someone being put on the spot and winging it when she comments

Reactions: 2
So Neil is in a bubble with Nancy so does that mean it’s just gonna be them two doing the results show dances?

Reactions: 1
Oti has always been the favoured female pro. No idea why when Katya and Nadia are just as good? in fact I’d argue Katya is better. Both are former world champions as well. Having Motsi as a judge is a massive conflict of interest. How can she be truly objective when judging her sister?

Oti has always been the favoured female pro. No idea why when Katya and Nadia are just as good? in fact I’d argue Katya is better. Both are former world champions as well. Having Motsi as a judge is a massive conflict of interest. How can she be truly objective when judging her sister?
I would probably argue that Motsi is judging the celeb and not the pro. Not really seen anything that would indicate bias though I do agree that Oti is definitely the favourite of TPTB. Great dancer and popular but they could do with letting other people shine from time to time.

Nadiya is a good dancer but she's really quiet and hasn't connected with the public hence why she is never promoted by the show. Katya maybe could be featured more in group dances and often gets duffer celebs but she has had two who will go down in SCD history, Ed Balls lives on to this day and obviously a same-sex partnership with Nicola will attract a lot of attention. And she has won so she hasn't been totally left out in the cold.

Didn't stop them from keeping her in the lineup though. I think if they were truly angry about it, she'd have been benched or axed.
I guess so, but could just be part of their thinking to not keep her so front and centre.... tbf I’ve never thought she has been, to me she always seems to have been a big feature of the line up!

ITT was on tonight, Nicola & Katya, HRVY & JNTT and Bill & Oti were on.

Confirmed dances:
Nicola - Couple's Choice (Street)
Bill - Quickstep
HRVY - Viennese waltz

Already know that Jacqui has Samba.

I don't think Nadiya has really been given a chance to shine though. So how can viewers get to know her? I think she is beautiful & really want to see her get a good partner next year so we can see what she can do.

I don't think Nadiya has really been given a chance to shine though. So how can viewers get to know her? I think she is beautiful & really want to see her get a good partner next year so we can see what she can do.
Her first year she got to the semi finals, but even though she got that far, boone remembers cause she doesn't stand out or show much of her personality.

I'd say she didn't want a partner this year, cause it would mean she would have to staying the UK & her daughter couldn't come to visit in weekends, in previous series Nadiya's mother brought her daughter over every few weeks for a few days. Not having a partner means she can get paid the same amount & stay with her daughter in Slovenia, so it's pretty good for her.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.