Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Does anyone here watch Dancing with the Stars? They have got some great celebs from back in the day this season, plus a few from recent Netflix shows, amazing cast compared UK 🙄 Also Derek Hough will be a judge this time around with Tyra Banks hosting!
Dancing with The Stars is shite. Used to be really good about ten years ago, but they have tinkered with the format so much that it barely resembles what it was.

Bellamerrell

VIP Member
I've forgotten half the people who were announced already there is nobody this year who I'm particularly looking forward to seeing. Do we know how the launch/partner up show will work this year?

M.fairy

Chatty Member
I'm actually glad! It's time to get Gorka back!

I don't think Neil left much of an impression last year he was a bit dull.
If they pick Gorka over him I may be a little forgiving but if they don’t and they’re both benched I’ll be pissed

glasgow27

VIP Member
I wish I was a fly on the wall during those discussions when AJ quit. What on earth went down for him to act the way he did?

The SCD statement for him leaving was hilarious - they couldn't hide their contempt.

Chilli pepper 19

VIP Member
I see it's been reported that Max is doing a,tango this weekend. Has this been done this early? If he gets over his nerves it could be quite good.

Any other leaks of the dances the celebs are doing?

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Colin Jackson is doing DOI too, seems they're not fussy about former Strictly contestants taking part 😁

News about next year's Strictly tours: http://strictlycomedancinglive.com/...s-strictly-announces-new-tours-for-2021-2022/

No Live tour next year but the 2022 tour will be on sale next week even though we have no idea who will be in the cast 🧐 Oti is on her own tour so has been replaced in the Pro tour line up by Kai Widdrington, and there's a new Power of Dance tour with Janette, Dianne, Amy, Neil and special guests, including Karim 🧐

I find it weird they are announcing the 2022 tour when we don't even know the celebs for the 2021 series. It's a shame for the celebs this series that they won't be able to do the strictly tour but I guess because they know covid will eventually have died down by then its best to get the arenas booked now before concerts start back up again.

The 'Power of Dance' tour next June was quite a surprise seeing as they are already going ahead the the 'Strictly Professionals' tour next May. It will be a quick turn around for Dianne and Neil who are doing both tours. Karim is joining the 'here come the boys' tour and 'power of dance' tour next year so he really has gotten a full quota from doing strictly. :ROFLMAO: There is also another special guest to be announced for that tour; the rounds on twitter saying it might be Joe Sugg and some say it could be Max or Hrvy from this years batch. Will have to wait and see.

Kai Widdrington is joining the 'Professionals' tour so this could be an early indicator he is definitely going to be a full time pro next series.

I can’t find the Strictly statement. Anyone got it?

Here it is:

Lilykins

VIP Member
Oh yeah forgot about the singers and the dancing in front of them! Yeah maybe whoever can stay in the country will bubble up and they will do it.

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Actually all of the pros the except Janette were competition dancers, since they were children. All the titles AJ went on about were underage titles, he never actually danced at competition level as an adult. Anton only danced competition level for a few years as an adult too.

Most of the pros left competition dancing for Burn the Floor in their 20's though. The only pros who haven't been in BTF are Neil & Katya, Oti, AJ, Amy & Anton. The BTF dancers though are far more aware of themselves & also when seeing any of their shows they steal the stage, as they have had years if practice on stage. It's why Dianne, Karen, Gorka & Giovanni stood out so much on the pro tour, even though Oti, Neil & Katya are the best dancers technically, they don't have the years of stage experience of some of the pros.

As for starting at a young age, Amy only started dancing around the age of 12 it's the same with AJ, so I think they are just oblivious to how they come across on camera, but it has nothing to do with them dancing at a young age.
Ah thanks. I knew vaguely about the Clifton's, AJ, Amy and Neil and Katya but not the details. I just get a more general vibe of unabashed competitiveness off some of the British pros that I find off putting sometimes

It's interesting what you say about the pro tour - I remember at the time be so surprised how flat Neil and Katya's caberet routine felt compared to all the other dances

lizzolyn

VIP Member
I’ve just seen over on the Digital Spy forums that Jamie and Karen are both training in the same place and went and checked their socials myself and they do seem to be. I had Jamie with Dianne and Karen with Max but I’ve now swapped those around.
It could be a shout however a lot of the partnerships train at the same dance studio in different rooms that look similar.

Oti and Kelvin are still returning doing a previous winners dance; I was hoping this year due to covid we could be free of that but they might have to dance apart from one another with some perspex glass in between :ROFLMAO:

FairyOfTheBells

Harry Judd & Louis Smith won back to back and they were kinda similar. At the moment, I see Max as the most likely winner. I just think that Maisie & HRVY won't get the votes. Jury out on Jamie & Jason, they could go either way.
They seemed quite different to me, because I liked Harry in spite of Aliona, and only liked Louis because he was dancing with Flavia!

Difficult to predict except that I'm very confident that Jacqui Smith is 1st out and I see JJ Chalmers & Ranvir Singh as the 2nd and 3rd out in whatever order.
I'm with you on Jacqui. I think JJ might do better, depending on who he's with and whether he's musical enough. He's obviously fit and sporty, and I think his looks will appeal to a category of watchers too.

Spencerskates

VIP Member
For ex pros on the judging panel I’d have Natalie Lowe, Karen Hardy, Ian Waite and Matthew Culter. James and Brendan are definitely too controversial!