Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
I wonder if this is deffo the full line up ?? Any more surprise announcements ???

Update: it is complete :geek:

Screenshot 2020-09-04 at 15.47.00.png

Last edited:

lizzolyn

VIP Member
I thought that if Anton would sit out any year it would be this year as the whole covid thing because he has young children.

I saw some people online discussing Amy could be a potential benched pro this year as she has crohn's disease and might fall under the more vulnerable category.

I just want to know whos in or out and whos got a partner! There was also talk that the pairings will be pre-recorded (like DWTS) not how they usually do it on strictly.

glasgow27

VIP Member
If Oti wins again, hopefully it's with somebody that wins for their dancing skills and likability and not for any other reasons (plus someone without odd political beliefs would be fab as well).

Do we think she's angry at getting Bill hence those comments? It could just be her sense of humour. Since he's a comedian, he'd go along with it. Say she got an older contestant that was less responsive to that though? Like a Tony Jacklin type. How would that work?

No idea why HRVY should feel the need to emulate Joe - he's a far better dancer.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Anyone know when it is starting?
The first show which is pre-recorded will air the 17th October then the first live show will air the 24th October.

Leading up to this strictly are airing a best of strictly series this saturday with movie week, followed by musicals week, blackpool week then the final week.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Nicola is partnered with...Katya!!

This is a great partnership, Katya is a creative choreographer and proven vote-winner (none of her celebs have gone early), both things that are definitely necessary for the first same-sex pairing. And we've never seen Katya with an athlete either. I'm not sure about Nicola's dance abilities but I reckon that they will do quite well.

I did want her with HRVY as she's due a ringer so I hope that this leaves him with Dianne who has also never had someone with dance experience. I'm getting worried that Amy has him though, would hate to see her with a ringer yet again. Maybe he'll get Janette, they'd get on well but a possible waste of talent (Janette's been very lucky on this show for someone who doesn't have adequate ballroom ability) and it'll look like he's dancing with his auntie. This is a situation where they could do with hiring a female AJ.

I believe he is the first American guy.

Gary Busey won CBB a few years ago (was that public vote?) so it is possible that Jason could get votes. Regardless of nationality, Ashley was never getting votes anyway as a mega ringer and Michelle didn't appeal to the right demographic for SCD.
Yeah I'm really glad she has Katya as I think Katya is one of the more 'entertaining' choreographers out of the pros. However I do feel that after the whole Sean kiss gate scandal I think strictly are not going to be giving her a married/dating youngish guy for a while :ROFLMAO:

We'll just have to wait and see; if he is good I think he could get the votes but enough to take him to the final.......I'm not so sure. The strictly audience is more brutal than BB.

I think Janette may get HRVY; she's only had one ringer in Aston and this could be her last year to actually to get someone to the final before she leaves to start a family.

I think Dianne may get Max or maybe JJ; I've seen on the digital spy forums people think she may get Bill. I think Dianne deserves to get an actual ringer as she's never had one yet only a duffer in the Rev or 2 middlers in Joe and Dev.

There's no way Amy will get a ringer or the youngest boy as it would be a repeat of last year so HRVY is out. So far she's had duffer in Brian, a middler in Danny then a ringer in Karim. So she will either get a duffer or a middler, I see her with Jamie or JJ.

Pamellla

Might have mentioned this before (my memory is rubbish on this sort of thing) - what do we think of SCD having people with past dance experience on the show?

Last year was mostly an all beginner series with the exception of Karim and I think that contributed to it being a bit of a dull year. I like that they seem to have a few with actual experience this time. The likes of Chris Ramsey & Alex Scott may have had journeys but I didn't enjoy either of their dancing (and same for Joe Sugg in 2018). I guess I prefer the absolute crap and the absolute brilliant rather than the middle ground on this show.
Agreed ! It’s boring if they are all crap, I enjoy a younger one who can actually dance !

Chilli pepper 19

VIP Member
The only other person I thought he could get is Clara. I think she could be good but usually radio DJs do really badly. Ranvir looks like she could be pretty uncoordinated but fun. But its surely got to be Giovanni turn for a duffer this year

glasgow27

VIP Member
The Sun are now saying HRVY is the Youtuber, so not a female after all 💃
Not sure if he really qualifies as a YouTuber but interesting that they appear to have signed 2 young singers. I wonder if him, Max & Jamie will all cancel each other's vote out. All appeal to a younger audience.

Already an experienced dancer apparently so if he is definitely in, him and Maisie should make for a good competition even if everyone else turns out to be crap (unlikely).

Put him with Katya please - would work height wise and he's 10 years younger than her so she'll be saved from the wrath of the tabloids (I think getting Max would be bait for Dan Wootton).

It appears that there is a shortage of tall women this year so some guys will be getting benched. I guess it's a choice between Aljaž & Johannes. Who will TPTB go for? I think Graziano is guaranteed to be benched looking at the female lineup.

Last edited:

glasgow27

VIP Member
It's a wait and see because in his case his symptoms could get worse and he could have infected other contestants and crew.
That's the bit that would be worrying as it would put the show in jeopardy. If it's just him, then I wouldn't panic though in terms of timing, it was a close call.

monga

VIP Member
One of the crew has the virus so they've had to do a deep clean of the set and more members are waiting on results..

lizzolyn

VIP Member
So Hrvy has coronavirus

He has to isolate till next thursday so as long as he recovers he can still stay in the show.

If he does not recover he will not be replaced by another celeb.

Rita.

VIP Member
Anton looks crazy old compared to the other dancers. It's very strange, although I went to a Strictly event a while ago and it was clear that he was probably the most popular dancer with the crowd at the time. Never seen the appeal myself, but there you go.

M.fairy

Chatty Member
I would disagree on that point. :p

Her first year she got absolute duffer Rev Richard Coles, then she got Joe and Dev who were two middlers. I believe that Dianne is a very good teacher and choreographer who I think if Joe and Dev got someone else they may not have danced as well as they did with her. (She was unfortunate with Dev the week they were eliminated to get the useless cha cha with a not a great concept , it was also a week where everyone did well so the votes went all over).

She has yet to get a true ringer, so if she does get a middle or duffer this year I would say next year for fairness alone she should get a ringer.
she always gets popular Celebs and the past two years got celebs who actually had a chance at doing well. I agree non have be ringers but not many of the celebs have had ringers. I think there’s better pros who I would prefer with ringers, like Ashley and Pasha, They were able to do well even though she was a ringer because of he was one of the best pros whereas Aston Merrygold for example didn’t do aswell because there were better pros than Jeannette.

DietGossip

VIP Member
I’ve seen loads of rumors...

Stacey Solomon - Singer/TV personality
Jamie Laing - Reality TV star
Iain Stirling - Comedian and voice of love island
Maya Jama - TV and radio presenter
Jennifer Metcalfe - Hollyoaks actress
Brooklyn Beckham - Model/Photographer and son of the Beckham’s
Boris Becker - Retired tennis player
Jade Thirlwall - Little Mix
Jamie Carragher - Retired Liverpool player and pundit
Lottie Tomlinson - Influencer and sister of Louis Tomlinson
Matilda Ramsay - TV presenter/chef and daughter of Gordon Ramsay
Holly H - Tik Tok Star
Catherine Tate - Actress
Kylie - Singer

They are apparently also wanting a drag queen but haven’t seen anything about which one.
I feel like Stacey has already done Strictly?