Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #6 The Aftermath

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't really like AJ with the two teenage partners he got. He & Claudia together were a bit of a personality vacuum and both seemed a bit uncomfortable with them being so young and on prime time TV. Plus, the show played up them being young way too much with some dreadful theming. Saffron and him were just very cliche, had seen it all before. They never quite reached her full potential.

I actually wonder how he'd have came across with a more mature celeb partner. Mollie was still young but had 10+ years on Claudia & Saffron and I felt he meshed with her better than them.

Nonetheless, I don't miss him because his antics in the last year are just odd. Badly influenced by his brother IMO.

Reactions: 5
I seen some photos of Abbie with bandages and it really looks awful, I feel terrible for her. I could not imagine how horrible the experience must of been.

I agree, I hate how AJ is talking about it everywhere though. Let people know what happened but selling the story everywhere to make money when you girlfriend has just been through an awful accident is a joke. I would be fuming.

Off topic but I always forget how talented Michael and Jowita are because I didn’t watch the greatest dancer. I just seen them on Otis story and would love to see them in some pro dances.

Reactions: 6
Off topic but I always forget how talented Michael and Jowita are because I didn’t watch the greatest dancer. I just seen them on Otis story and would love to see them in some pro dances.
From what I know, they'd like to do Strictly so I say bring them onto the pro roster. They need a few extra male pros this year anyway so there's space for Michael. Not sure if there is a vacancy on the female pro side but quite a few I'd bench to give Jowita a place. They'd bring fresh talent to the show IMO.

Reactions: 1
Jowita would be an ideal replacement for Janette as they’re both tiny ladies who don’t object to being thrown about in risky lifts.

As for Aj and Abbie if they must use her accident as PR. Use to do some good and warn others of these stupid “hacks” on TikTok. Use it for the greater good not putting your face out there.

Reactions: 4
He was an ok pro on Strictly, but I never warmed to AJ, mostly because he came across as a bit of an airhead. But there's something very unsavoury about his antics in the last couple of days - the interview (why was Curtis there?), and the quotes his management gave to the press.

Why would any decent person try to use this as a PR opportunity? Either he's a terrible human being or just extremely dim. Just go and look after your girlfriend, AJ

The only excuse I can think of is that if the burns are as bad as they sound, they’re trying to raise money through PR and appearances because she’s going to need extensive treatment and they may end up having to go private for some of it.

It sounds like an absolutely horrible accident, the type where you almost hope they are exaggerating it for publicity because it’s better than her having those injuries.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I seen some photos of Abbie with bandages and it really looks awful, I feel terrible for her. I could not imagine how horrible the experience must of been.

I agree, I hate how AJ is talking about it everywhere though. Let people know what happened but selling the story everywhere to make money when you girlfriend has just been through an awful accident is a joke. I would be fuming.

I LOVE Michael and Jowita and would also love them to become strictly pros.

Don’t know if anyone here watches dwts in America but they remind me so much of Pasha and Daniella. They are just such phenomenal dancers and have this air of class about them if that makes any sense. Strictly need more pros who aren’t in the Jason Gilkison clique (I think they both danced with btf at one point but they don’t seem to have any real connection with Jason)

I feel awful writing this as it sounds a horrific and potentially career ending accident, but anyone else getting the sense the injury to AJs girlfriend is actually just a fake pr stunt? He's suddenly everywhere telling people what's happened and how he saved and cared for her and I heard a rumour they're considering removing Florence nightingale on the £20 and replace it with AJ. After a pretty unsuccessful career after his I'm a celeb flop he'd have paid good money for this new PR.
Do you mean as in she hasn't been burned at all? Wow.

As others have said, he has been badly guided/had his successful career bandwagoned by his brother and unless I'm putting the hex on it, Strictly is a show which will cope very nicely without him as they did Kevin from Grimsby.

I LOVE Michael and Jowita and would also love them to become strictly pros.

Don’t know if anyone here watches dwts in America but they remind me so much of Pasha and Daniella. They are just such phenomenal dancers and have this air of class about them if that makes any sense. Strictly need more pros who aren’t in the Jason Gilkison clique (I think they both danced with btf at one point but they don’t seem to have any real connection with Jason)
I love Pasha & Daniella on DWTS, definitely star pros who I'm glad the show finally hired. Sadly Pasha was Carole Baskin's partner last season.

Totally agree but with Jason in charge, he probably wants to keep it to his clique of "yes men" - I'm not meaning that as a dig at any of the pros but he obviously favours hiring his friends, especially those who are the happy, smiley types and won't challenge anyone or anything (a few past pros seemed to bite back to some of the show's ideas and TPTB didn't like that so they just get easygoing ones now). They need more variety of personalities and dancing styles in the lineup.

I don't believe she didn't have an accident but the self publicity and sudden appearance of Curtis is nauseating and tells me they're milking it. Why is Curtis there? Is he doing the plastic surgery? I think AJ thought he was strictly and got a massive shock when he left and no one notices

Curtis Pritchard sounds like a character from Fireman Sam to me. Friends with that annoying little tit that's always setting fire to tea towels.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
What I don’t understand is that AJ and Curtis are both really young so are they going to have enough work in future to keep them going? I understand they can both teach dance but surely strictly was a nice number for safety. Clearly the stand up comedy wasn’t going well for Curtis as he got the piss taking out him on gogglebox.

Going on Strictly as young as AJ and Chloe did definitely messes up your competitive career. They'd be counted as a professional for the purposes of competing, and they would have been really young to move from amateur.

Reactions: 2
Pros confirmed:

Everyone is back this year. Good for them but I just can't fathom why SCD these days is so opposed to change. I know that it's still a COVID year to an extent but 3/4 years of the same lineup on any show is stale.

As long as Luba and Nadiya get a decent run in the competition, I will be most contented.

Pros confirmed:

Everyone is back this year. Good for them but I just can't fathom why SCD these days is so opposed to change. I know that it's still a COVID year to an extent but 3/4 years of the same lineup on any show is stale.
Bit boring that init😂😭

I think after this year there’s a handful who could potentially go....they could really be doing with some fresh blood imo

Last edited:
Bit boring that init😂😭

I think after this year a good few of them are going to go....they could really be doing with some fresh blood imo
Exactly. I don't want to sound like a broken record and I really have nothing against any of them as people but the show just seems to be coasting along these days, sticking with what they know rather than taking risks and trying to keep it innovative and fresh.

The pro lineup is definitely a major part in that - they could easily find a handful of new pros (not even a huge shakeup, say just 3 or 4 of them) who could bring some great choreo to the show and really breathe some new energy into it. Instead, they just stick with the same old for several years in a row - with about half of them who are lucky to have the job as some have insufficient background in the styles and are more miss than hit in the choreo department, some who are dull and some who have seen their best days. I don't get it.

Reactions: 3
Exactly. I don't want to sound like a broken record and I really have nothing against any of them as people but the show just seems to be coasting along these days, sticking with what they know rather than taking risks and trying to keep it innovative and fresh.

The pro lineup is definitely a major part in that - they could easily find a handful of new pros (not even a huge shakeup, say just 3 or 4 of them) who could bring some great choreo to the show and really breathe some new energy into it. Instead, they just stick with the same old for several years in a row - with about half of them who are lucky to have the job as some have insufficient background in the styles and are more miss than hit in the choreo department, some who are dull and some who have seen their best days. I don't get it.
Absolutely! Even just a change of the pros who are normally benched to get a shot and do a switch round. I think the pros are talented and as you say, I have nothing against them but it would nice to see change. I suppose they couldn’t really do much as majority of them are tied into tours for next year so couldn’t exactly drop them.

Absolutely! Even just a change of the pros who are normally benched to get a shot and do a switch round. I think the pros are talented and as you say, I have nothing against them but it would nice to see change. I suppose they couldn’t really do much as majority of them are tied into tours for next year so couldn’t exactly drop them.
They give the same opportunities to the same pros all the time so the likes of Nancy,Nadiya,Graz etc get left in the tit heap.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.