Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #6 The Aftermath

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think Roman Kemp is interested, I've heard that he's said no before and he doesn't really need a career boost at the moment.

A Vamp is possible, been a while since they had much big hits but not totally irrelevant. Brad was rumoured before, he seems quite likeable and physically looks like someone who can be a good mover.

Reactions: 4
Shame about Roman personally think he’s got the potential to be reasonably decent (don’t ask me how I just get that vibe from him).

I do think we’ll see one of the Drag Race contestants this year and it’s definitely not that long till we see Liam Payne or Louis Tomlinson. Male celebs are harder to pin down.
The only ones that come to mind are the Banjo brothers and Perrie from Diversity (would be an option for male ringer) and Fred from first dates. Although I’d love to see Joe Lycett give it a good go. He wouldn’t necessarily be that good but he wouldn’t take himself too seriously, own it and be up for anything. (And give it back to Craig 😂😂)

Since you mentioned Liam or Louis, wouldn't a One Direction star basically be an automatic ticket to a win?

Reactions: 3
I do think they’ll push for a female celeb to win this year, a BBC employee! Also think they might want Giovanni to get his win.

Reactions: 2
I do think they’ll push for a female celeb to win this year, a BBC employee! Also think they might want Giovanni to get his win.
Probably right though I hope they don't neglect the male side like in 2013 with a series of men who couldn't dance for toffee. If they want a woman to win, they should look around for female Olympians for this year who would be interested. I'd rather they went to Gorka than Gio though.

I think she's a long shot due to her athletic career but I'd love if they signed Dina Asher-Smith, she'd win if she could dance.

Reactions: 3
Since you mentioned Liam or Louis, wouldn't a One Direction star basically be an automatic ticket to a win?
They're definitely too rich and famous to do it now but I could see those two being the most likely to do it in a few years time. Especially Liam if his next album flops. I mean Harry is out there winning Grammys while Liam is doing Jaackmaate's podcast (no shade its just such a contrast when they came from the same band)

Reactions: 6
Probably right though I hope they don't neglect the male side like in 2013 with a series of men who couldn't dance for toffee. If they want a woman to win, they should look around for female Olympians for this year who would be interested. I'd rather they went to Gorka than Gio though.

I think she's a long shot due to her athletic career but I'd love if they signed Dina Asher-Smith, she'd win if she could dance.
What do you think the pro line up will be this year? Not sure when it’s due to be announced

What do you think the pro line up will be this year?
Likely similar to last year, possibilities of Janette or Oti leaving and Anton moving to the judges panel. I suppose the main question would be who gets a partner. Luba did not choreograph well for Jason last year so I'd opt for Nadiya and/or Nancy to get celebs over her (depending on how many are needed). Graziano can also stay on the bench. Might be a couple of new male pros like Kai Widdrington, maybe Neil gets another partner as there are slots available in the male pro roster.

Reactions: 5
Likely similar to last year, possibilities of Janette or Oti leaving and Anton moving to the judges panel. I suppose the main question would be who gets a partner. Luba did not choreograph well for Jason last year so I'd opt for Nadiya and/or Nancy to get celebs over her (depending on how many are needed). Graziano can also stay on the bench. Might be a couple of new male pros like Kai Widdrington, maybe Neil gets another partner as there are slots available in the male pro roster.
Although I like Bruno I do think if he can’t commit to judging full time perhaps Anton should be given the full time role.

Not necessarily especially if it’s in a few years time when they’re solo careers a floundering more than they are already. No shade but they’re really not cut out for solo stardom. Not compared to Harry and Niall who know who they are and make music that suits them.
I actually think they’re both a little lost so something like strictly or I’m a celeb would be a little boost(especially as they’re both paying a considerable amount in child support Louis especially) They’ll come a point where they need the money.

I think this really could be Gios year and I’d actually be really happy for him. But I wouldn’t be upset if Oti either left (which I think is the most likely option) or was benched (unlikely as duck tbh). There’s really not much else for her to do on the show. We do desperately need new pros soon maybe not all at once but a few this year and a few next year.

Dina is a good shout makes me wonder if they’ll try sign up some of the well known female cyclists (Lizzie Arnold and Laura Kenny etc)

I'd like to see Giovanni with someone who's just fun this year. Partnering him with a mature woman who 'finds herself' is getting very boring, and he needs to lighten up a bit. He clearly has a sense of humour, but I think he takes the competition side of things a bit too seriously sometimes.

Can definitely see them trying to either find him and potential female winner, or giving him the first male same sex partnership. But I'd personally prefer Gorka to get that journey celeb and win 😍

Reactions: 4
Dawn French in the past has said she’d never do it, unless of course she’s changed her mind.

Reactions: 1
There's no chance of Louis 1D doing it, he thinks he's way too cool for anything let alone Strictly (he's not)

Liam is a possibility within 5 years or so I'd say

Liam’s under quite a strict management (quite sad tbh since they force him to do things he doesn’t want to) so I don’t know if they’d let him do something like Strictly, even if he wanted to.

I don't think we'll get a member of 1D yet - I think they all still have enough money they'll be safe for a couple of years, and even then the only one I can see doing it is Liam. I think we could get a member of The Vamps, Brad or James are the most recognised so maybe one of them? But I think any of them would be up for it. In terms of Girls bands, the UK really hasn't had a big girl band since Little Mix who I think are currently still too big to do it - if you go one generation back you'd have The Saturdays (I think the member most likely to do it would be Una).

I don't think we'll get a member of 1D yet - I think they all still have enough money they'll be safe for a couple of years, and even then the only one I can see doing it is Liam. I think we could get a member of The Vamps, Brad or James are the most recognised so maybe one of them? But I think any of them would be up for it. In terms of Girls bands, the UK really hasn't had a big girl band since Little Mix who I think are currently still too big to do it - if you go one generation back you'd have The Saturdays (I think the member most likely to do it would be Una).
Re the Saturdays - Frankie and Mollie have already done it!

Bands are difficult to find at this point, especially with the days of X-Factor being over, new talent hasn't really been cultivated for a while.

Vamps are an option for boyband but I'm honestly drawing a blank with girlbands, no idea who they could get.

Brad from Vamps is ideal option, hope they can get him (and that Katya or Dianne was his partner). James is also known but he's done IAC plus I find him a bit irritating when he pops up on radio shows talking politics (a bit out of touch).

Once they've had a Vamp, maybe time for another JLS star or even a McFly. Take That were too big, 1D possibly same whilst on the other end of the coin, the likes of Union J aren't known enough.

I'd love any of The Vamps myself. But preferably Brad or Connor if they do get one.

Bands are difficult to find at this point, especially with the days of X-Factor being over, new talent hasn't really been cultivated for a while.

Vamps are an option for boyband but I'm honestly drawing a blank with girlbands, no idea who they could get.

Brad from Vamps is ideal option, hope they can get him (and that Katya or Dianne was his partner). James is also known but he's done IAC plus I find him a bit irritating when he pops up on radio shows talking politics (a bit out of touch).

Once they've had a Vamp, maybe time for another JLS star or even a McFly. Take That were too big, 1D possibly same whilst on the other end of the coin, the likes of Union J aren't known enough.
Maybe George Shelley from Union J? He's the only one who's really known outside the band though. I think JLS are likely but IIRC, their tour is currently scheduled to clash with Strictly so I can imagine they won't sign until next year. McFly are definitely possible but again, I think they're touring this summer so I don't know how that would line up with the Strictly schedule.
Re the Saturdays - Frankie and Mollie have already done it!
Yes! I loved Frankie and Mollie doing it. Fingers crossed for a Saturdays reunion eventually.

I’m not sure about McFly - the only one I could see doing it is Danny, is he still doing the voice kids? Not sure when that’s on.

Can’t see it being Dougie’s kinda thing. Or Tom really, but he would probably do anything for a bit of publicity.

On a similar note, I’d love to see Matt Willis on it!!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.