Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #6 The Aftermath

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When Nancy joined they didn’t announce her straight away did they? Hopefully some new pros might be announced later on.

Talking benched pros (or past ones), I think that the likes of Graziano and Luba aren't really pro material, both are quite unimpressive at choreo and neither have made much impact off the dance floor either (plus pretty much anyone with a dance background commented that his ballroom was beginner level).

Having said that, Nancy's never had a partner or any sort of shot so it just seems odd if they rehire her yet bench her again. Not a huge fan of Neil but he's also been a bit short changed with 4 years out of 5 on the bench, it's not like he did that badly the year he had a celeb. There might not have been enough short celebs for him last year but another year without makes him look like a spare part.

Nadiya is probably back in the main roster - there just wasn't really much tall men on offer last year. She is a great dancer and I think could do more on the show, she just needs a partner that the public engage with and someone she has some decent chemistry with.

Gorka & Johannes are the other two who have had years out but I doubt that will happen this year, they're both quite popular at this point.

I don't think they'll bench an established pro either TBH.

Reactions: 4
I'm quite surprised Janette's back, I'm sure I read that she was hoping to have a baby soon. I suppose 2020 won't have been great for them earning money though, so both of them on Strictly is probably better from a finance point of view.

Reactions: 1
I think a couple would’ve moved on after last series of it wasn’t for covid. Most likely Janette imo she’s talked recently about wanting to move to the country and start a family so if remembering the oscars hadn’t been cancelled 2020 would’ve been her last. I do think some of the girls will move on after this year especially given the other tv work some of them are getting. I can’t necessarily see Nadiya continuing to travel over to the uk for many more years especially as her daughter will be in school and won’t be able to come over with her.

I think a couple would’ve moved on after last series of it wasn’t for covid. Most likely Janette imo she’s talked recently about wanting to move to the country and start a family so if remembering the oscars hadn’t been cancelled 2020 would’ve been her last. I do think some of the girls will move on after this year especially given the other tv work some of them are getting. I can’t necessarily see Nadiya continuing to travel over to the uk for many more years especially as her daughter will be in school and won’t be able to come over with her.
I used to think that Nadiya would leave soon since her daughter will be starting school but I saw on her instagram q&a that she and her family are thinking about moving to the UK permanently, which implies she plans to stay on Strictly for years to come.

Janette probably would have moved on if it wasn't for financial reasons, she got the golden ticket celeb of the men last year and finally got to make a final so her journey felt complete bar winning the show. I do think she'll move on once tours are allowed again.

She surely won't get another good one this year so it'll be a bit of an anti climatic ending but I guess the money is more important than leaving on a high.

Reactions: 2
GMB said it’s unlikely Bruno will be back but Anton is in the pro line up. Obviously that could change but you’d think they’d give Anton at least a full series as Judge and take the opportunity to introduce a new male pro 🤷🏻‍♀️

God I'm so bored with having the same pros. Janette, Oti and Giovanni shown blatant favouritism with the celebs they do, Amy screeching and looking manically into the camera desperate for votes, Anton given a joke contestant, Katya havin a meltdown on live Tv, Dianne's fans insisting she's shagging her partner, Janette cheorgraphing awful ballroom dances, Alijaz cheorgraphing an awful samba and Karen only sticking to fun dances. Unless they bench a few I think I'm out this year.

Reactions: 11
God I'm so bored with having the same pros. Janette, Oti and Giovanni shown blatant favouritism with the celebs they do, Amy screeching and looking manically into the camera desperate for votes, Anton given a joke contestant, Katya havin a meltdown on live Tv, Dianne's fans insisting she's shagging her partner, Janette cheorgraphing awful ballroom dances, Alijaz cheorgraphing an awful samba and Karen only sticking to fun dances. Unless they bench a few I think I'm out this year.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
They were never going to get rid of any pros this year, although surely this is going to be Oti and Janette's final series. As for Anton, I now think unless he gets offered a permanent judge's spot, he will be a pro until the end of time. It was unlikely, but I was a bit worried that Kevin might come back, so i'm happy with that result!

It will be very interesting to see what sort of partner they're going to give Oti...

Reactions: 5
The pro line up is in urgent need of refreshing. I’d get rid of Janette, Karen. Alijaz and teachers pet Oti and bring some new blood in.

After watching "Paddington 2" I want Hugh Grant to be a contestant.

Reactions: 7
I think it's right that the pros were asked back given their sacrifices last season but next year does deserve a shake up. A new judge, some new pros, drop the massive focus on couple's choice and a new way of allocating the celebs.

Having said that, I don't think I can handle another year of Bruno as judge and Anton wheeling around his celeb.

Reactions: 10
They must be looking for a real no hoper to give Oti this year, they won’t want her to win again. Wonder if they could get Prince Phillip. 💀

• Haha
They must be looking for a real no hoper to give Oti this year, they won’t want her to win again. Wonder if they could get Prince Phillip. 💀
She’d probably still manage to get him to at least Blackpool😭

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Oti isn't necessarily immune to an earlier exit - she went out early in her first year with Anthony Ogogo and was also first out on one of her years on the German version. If they find a celeb who really does suck, she won't make it far.

Oti isn't necessarily immune to an earlier exit - she went out early in her first year with Anthony Ogogo and was also first out on one of her years on the German version. If they find a celeb who really does suck, she won't make it far.
They were both way before she became more established. I feel like no matter who Oti gets they will get to at least week 4/5 based on her popularity alone 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.