Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #6 The Aftermath

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If we’re talking mcfly/busted then Matt Willis would be a decent shout although he’s mostly know these days from the bits of west end stuff he’s done. I do still think L&Ls management would “force” them into either doing SCD or I’m a celeb. Especially if they were on a one more flop and your out kinda scenario. Tom from mcfly has allegedly followed some of the current pro girls according to his thread but he wouldn’t last five minutes nor would he be able to take the criticism from the judges. (He’s also proper cringe these days and I say this as a former massive McFly fan)

I just hope this year they actually give Dianne someone who wants to be there and is willing to put the effort in. I know Joe isn’t everyone’s favourite but he was actually willing to put the effort in and learn a new skill which I don’t think either Max or Dev did. They just didn’t seem bothered by it and were just going through the motions. (And hopefully someone who’s not going to attract vicious trolls but unfortunately I think that just comes with the job☹☹)

Reactions: 4
Dev was fine (just laid back) but I do think that Max's heart was not in it and it was something that his agent probably kinda forced him to do as he had little going on. He and Dianne were also badly matched - whilst both good looking, same age and compatible height wise, they have different vibes. I know she doesn't dance on the show any more but I think he could have fit better with someone like Ola. Dianne kinda needs the more wholesome, enthusiastic types (could they have swapped around Jamie to Dianne and Max to Karen?).

Maybe George Shelley from Union J? He's the only one who's really known outside the band though.
Possible, I noticed that he's just returned to social media after being in hibernation for 18 months. Might mean that he's looking for a gig. Nice guy and has an interesting backstory so might be good at Strictly. The rest of Union J aren't well known enough.

Reactions: 3
Actually, I can see them trying to appeal to 13-14 year olds — they want it to be their big Saturday night family show. Little ones like the sparkly dresses and the music, but it's probably early teens when people might go off watching it. Influencers weren't really a thing when I was that age though, so I can't really say whether it's a good idea! We liked singers, and some of the younger actors (and from what I can remember, Gethin was very popular because we'd all seen him on Blue Peter with his top off).

I'd quite like Jodie Prenger, or one of the others from the ALW shows about 10 years ago. I know it would be really difficult for West End performers with the programming schedule though, so probably unlikely to happen.

Reactions: 1
Emma and Matt Willis on the same series would be cool like they did with Kenny and Gabby Logan back in the day. I feel like Emma gets too many presenting gigs to consider Strictly atm though.

Reactions: 2
I'd quite like Jodie Prenger, or one of the others from the ALW shows about 10 years ago. I know it would be really difficult for West End performers with the programming schedule though, so probably unlikely to happen.
Could happen this year if some of them are still out of work.

I’ve just seen that the strictly Twitter page just retweeted something related to strictly which is the first time since the final apart from that Eastenders thing. Possibly the pro line up soon?

Possibly. I saw something on Facebook promoting Katya's exercises at the Morning Live show.

Is it just me or is it always Janette, Oti or Katya who represent Strictly on there? I don't watch it but when I see clips of it online, it's always one of those 3.

• Angry
Possibly. I saw something on Facebook promoting Katya's exercises at the Morning Live show.

Is it just me or is it always Janette, Oti or Katya who represent Strictly on there? I don't watch it but when I see clips of it online, it's always one of those 3.
I have seen clips of Johannes, Dianne and Luba on it aswell. Atleast I think it’s the same show but not 100%

Expecting any day/week now to find out the pro lineup, they won't axe anyone this time and we're still stuck in lockdown and need good news, so they'd be crazy not to announce it by the end of the month.

I watched the All Star Musicals and who popped up but Dave Arch in his gigantic headphones!
Whilst watching I couldn’t help think Barney Walsh would suit Strictly.

I watched the All Star Musicals and who popped up but Dave Arch in his gigantic headphones!
Whilst watching I couldn’t help think Barney Walsh would suit Strictly.
I was so surprised when Dave Arch turned up. Not sure why, because logically he must do other things between Strictly. But I also half though he was just put away with the Strictly set after each series. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I was so surprised when Dave Arch turned up. Not sure why, because logically he must do other things between Strictly. But I also half though he was just put away with the Strictly set after each series. 😂😂
Me too. I was more excited to see Dave Arch than the celebrities 🤣

I feel awful writing this as it sounds a horrific and potentially career ending accident, but anyone else getting the sense the injury to AJs girlfriend is actually just a fake pr stunt? He's suddenly everywhere telling people what's happened and how he saved and cared for her and I heard a rumour they're considering removing Florence nightingale on the £20 and replace it with AJ. After a pretty unsuccessful career after his I'm a celeb flop he'd have paid good money for this new PR.

• Haha
I feel awful writing this as it sounds a horrific and potentially career ending accident, but anyone else getting the sense the injury to AJs girlfriend is actually just a fake pr stunt? He's suddenly everywhere telling people what's happened and how he saved and cared for her and I heard a rumour they're considering removing Florence nightingale on the £20 and replace it with AJ. After a pretty unsuccessful career after his I'm a celeb flop he'd have paid good money for this new PR.
Yeah I was thinking this earlier when I saw that they were on This Morning talking about how they leapt to Abbie's rescue :rolleyes: I wouldn't call it a PR stunt, but it did remind me of when they suddenly started appearing everywhere as a duo after their nightclub assault, they sure know how to use a horrible situation to their advantage 🧐

I wonder if AJ is regretting leaving Strictly yet? :unsure:

Reactions: 8
I wonder if AJ is regretting leaving Strictly yet? :unsure:
For sure he's regretting leaving behind the guarantee of 5 months exposure and income that Strictly brought him. Now he has to find that himself. Having said that, I doubt he actually misses the show, always seemed like a means to an end with him as opposed to the other pros who obviously enjoy the job. The only time I think he was truly happy was that season with Mollie King where there was some chemistry.

Reactions: 5
I did love Claudia and AJ's quickstep and charleston and he had a couple of decent routines with Saffron but apart from that, he was pretty unmemorable

How the hell could he have never left her side, hasn’t he and his moronic brother been away filming hollyoaks (which in itself is bloody hilarious)

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.