Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #6 The Aftermath

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last I heard was that Karen Hardy is in New Zealand these days, been a while since she was last on It Takes Two.

Reactions: 1
Some Digital Spy casting rumours for SCD that I've seen this weekend include Stacey Solomon, Rev. Kate Bottley, Judi Love, Dawn French. Not a whole lot of male rumours.

I know she's a big signing and probably wouldn't be too bad at dancing but I can't help but think Dawn would be Caroline 2.0.

In other news, AJ Pritchard and his girlfriend have been behaving completely foolishly recently - apparently doing a social media stunt of cutting a wine bottle in half. End result was that she has suffered some severe burns. Pair of idiots, all that for IG likes and a terrible example for their (mostly) younger followers.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Some Digital Spy casting rumours for SCD that I've seen this weekend include Stacey Solomon, Rev. Kate Bottley, Judi Love, Dawn French. Not a whole lot of male rumours.

I know she's a big signing and probably wouldn't be too bad at dancing but I can't help but think Dawn would be Caroline 2.0.
Oh for the love of god please NOT Stacey

Reactions: 2
The way Team AJ have used the Sun exclusive about his girlfriend's injuries as a PR exercise for him is a new low. It reads like a press release for AJ as the new Florence Nightingale. Just grim all round really. The stunt was a stupid thing to do, but I do feel very sorry for, especially as it could affect her dancing career

Does the Stacey Solomon rumour come around every year? It feels like it does ha

Reactions: 7

Can't stand Stacey Solomon, she would be horrific. Not a fan of Judi Love either. I know you need people who are outgoing but both of them would be so OTT I fear.

Kate Bottley could be fun, she always seems nice. On the fence about Dawn French, she could be fab or equally be Caroline 2.0 as you say! She was a judge on Drag Race UK and wasn't really that interesting which surprised me.

What’s happened to Abbie is horrific but should be a lesson in how dangerous and reckless some of the “hacks” can be. So many of these so called hacks are faked and don’t actually work. But to put a naked flame next to a rope dipped in a flammable liquid was just an accident waiting to happen.

As for rumours.... the current ones are just the usual so probably nothing in them. I think Jermaine Jenas could be a decent shout. He’s an ex sportsman and bbc presenter so ticks some of the boxes of former contestants. Rev.Kate would be a great shout as well... Stacey I’m undecided on with the right partner could be good but she’s just got an irritating personality.

What’s happened to Abbie is horrific but should be a lesson in how dangerous and reckless some of the “hacks” can be. So many of these so called hacks are faked and don’t actually work. But to put a naked flame next to a rope dipped in a flammable liquid was just an accident waiting to happen.

As for rumours.... the current ones are just the usual so probably nothing in them. I think Jermaine Jenas could be a decent shout. He’s an ex sportsman and bbc presenter so ticks some of the boxes of former contestants. Rev.Kate would be a great shout as well... Stacey I’m undecided on with the right partner could be good but she’s just got an irritating personality.
I was thinking Jermaine could be a good option if they wanted someone from a team sport. Footballers haven't done well on the show, I wonder if he could change that.

Olympians will be an interesting one this year, I wonder who they could feasibly get.

Last edited:
I was thinking Jermaine could be a good option if they wanted someone from a team sport. Footballers haven't done well on the show, I wonder if he could change that.
Potentially especially as he gets his face about a bit more by being fairly regular on the one show(so not completely unknown outside of footy fans).

But I think it would all depend on the state on his knees/ankles/feet some former sportspeople struggle because of injury like Alex did but she got beyond blackpool which is a good run. With the right partner(anyone but Amy) he could have a good run.

Potentially especially as he gets his face about a bit more by being fairly regular on the one show(so not completely unknown outside of footy fans).

But I think it would all depend on the state on his knees/ankles/feet some former sportspeople struggle because of injury like Alex did but she got beyond blackpool which is a good run. With the right partner(anyone but Amy) he could have a good run.
I'd say Karen for him, she's never had a sportsman and I wonder if she could bring out a entertaining side of him like she's done with many other celebs.

Definitely not Amy.

I'd say Karen for him, she's never had a sportsman and I wonder if she could bring out a entertaining side of him like she's done with many other celebs.

Definitely not Amy.
For the sake of my eardrums and nerves I hope Amy I'd benched this year

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Apparently they are keen to try a book someone from TikTok this year

I get their logic, but after Saffron being one the more boring contestants in recent memory, I was hoping they might have a bit of a re-think about social media bookings. Or at least book someone who is famous for something else too

Reactions: 7
Social media stars are a waste of time for the most part - many have 0 personality or presence on screen and their fans never actually watch the show (and the small number that do are obnoxious but that's besides the point). And sorry to be judgemental, but whilst YouTube does require a level of skill and creativity, TikTok really is bottom of the barrel and requires no talent.

If they have to cast a social media star, it should be someone who has actually achieved something else in addition. There is a YouTuber who now presents on Blue Peter, maybe he'd be an option. But no more Saffrons!

The recent casting director doesn't seem to quite get Strictly IMO though there were some interesting things in that article. It does seem like the right idea to get a variety of ages and professions in the cast but they ought to realise that they don't have to go social media for a celeb under 25, plenty of other options out there.

Last edited:
Watched Strictly since the first series when I was 4 years old and I managed perfectly fine without a load of celebs I was totally familiar with. There were enough people off the soaps and singers for me to enjoy the show perfectly fine. I enjoyed Joe Sugg but I don't feel the need for an influencer every year just to tick a box. I'd much rather see someone from a band than from youtube.

Apparently they are keen to try a book someone from TikTok this year

I get their logic, but after Saffron being one the more boring contestants in recent memory, I was hoping they might have a bit of a re-think about social media bookings. Or at least book someone who is famous for something else too
Well they might as well just try sign the Wellerman himself and approach Nathan Evans.

Watched Strictly since the first series when I was 4 years old and I managed perfectly fine without a load of celebs I was totally familiar with. There were enough people off the soaps and singers for me to enjoy the show perfectly fine. I enjoyed Joe Sugg but I don't feel the need for an influencer every year just to tick a box. I'd much rather see someone from a band than from youtube.
I was a kid when I started watching SCD as well so can completely agree, I can remember that most of the earlier series, I only knew 1 or 2 names of the celebs taking part. Looking back in hindsight though, even if I didn't know them, pretty much everyone was cast for actually being famous back then. I can't say the same for Saffron Barker & Emma Weymouth, neither are celebs in any form and it's not like either brought much to the show. I can kinda vouch for Joe Sugg as his sister is one of the biggest names on YouTube but he's an exception to that rule.

Reactions: 5
I was a kid when I started watching SCD as well so can completely agree, I can remember that most of the earlier series, I only knew 1 or 2 names of the celebs taking part. Looking back in hindsight though, even if I didn't know them, pretty much everyone was cast for actually being famous back then. I can't say the same for Saffron Barker & Emma Weymouth, neither are celebs in any form and it's not like either brought much to the show. I can kinda vouch for Joe Sugg as his sister is one of the biggest names on YouTube but he's an exception to that rule.
Joe actually does have millions of subscribers in his own right too and was really popular and liked. I'm only a few months older than Saffron and all of my friends take the piss out of her. Its only really the 13 and 14 year olds who think she's cool and aspirational so unless they're a huge target audience for Strictly, there's no need for these influencers to be asked. For Joe, it really helped him become more of a household name for the right reasons because he actually had a personality. He's the kind of lad that all mums love 😂

Reactions: 3
If they really must have a social media person then why not Joe wicks he’s “Social” but has other ventures like his books. There’s got to be people who would appeal to younger viewers that aren’t steamers/TikTokers/YouTubers etc would Roman Kemp tick this box ?? One of lads from The Vamps ??

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.