Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #6 The Aftermath

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In fairness to him, it's me who used the word "fall" (my language is too Americanised at times).

Agree though that he'd be insufferable if he returned, I'd think twice about watching or at least would skip his performances regardless of which celeb he got. He particularly annoys me because I can see through him.
I’m so sorry @glasgow27 I didn’t mean to cause any offence, I just assumed it was him who’d said it!

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know if the pro tour is still going ahead? Or have they cancelled it?
It’s been postponed again, unofficially. My date just completely disappeared off the website and appeared in the postponed date to be decided section so that’s how I found out😂

It’s been postponed again, unofficially. My date just completely disappeared off the website and appeared in the postponed date to be decided section so that’s how I found out😂
Hmmm...weird that there's still no official announcement yet :unsure: The tour is supposed to start in less than two months.

The version in Australia is doing a short All-Star series at the end of the month, and has some of the early winners as part of it (dating back from 2004/05 so a long time since they competed).

I don't think it would work for a full series here but what do you think about a short All-Star series in a few years when the show turns 20 as a celebration?

Reactions: 6
The version in Australia is doing a short All-Star series at the end of the month, and has some of the early winners as part of it (dating back from 2004/05).

I don't think it would work for a full series here but what do you think about a short All-Star series in a few years when the show turns 20 as a celebration?
As long as they don't drag bloody Joe Sugg out again. I get he's dating his dance partner but he's like a full time stalker now with the show.

Reactions: 8
As long as they don't drag bloody Joe Sugg out again. I get he's dating his dance partner but he's like a full time stalker now with the show.
Hopefully not. The male side is quite easy to cast IMO, no need for him. Past winners like Harry Judd, Louis Smith, maybe Jay as well. All 3 did a dance tour show. For runner ups, definitely Danny Mac, maybe the likes of Colin Jackson (probably still got it having made DOI final at 54), Karim (with another pro). I'd also give Aston another shot.

Female side is harder to cast, thinking the likes of Faye, Debbie & Maisie could be up for it, maybe an early winner or two? No thanks to Stacey.

Reactions: 2
Dianne and Aston would be brilliant, she’d be able to teach him ballroom properly

Reactions: 3
I was thinking of Karim for Dianne, he showed a lot of ballroom potential and I feel that she could have matched his youthfulness whilst not throwing the kitchen sink into routines.

Maybe a couple of reunion pairings - Danny/Oti, Debbie/Gio, Maisie/Gorka.

Hopefully not. The male side is quite easy to cast IMO, no need for him. Past winners like Harry Judd, Louis Smith, maybe Jay as well. All 3 did a dance tour show. For runner ups, definitely Danny Mac, maybe the likes of Colin Jackson (probably still got it having made DOI final at 54), Karim (with another pro). I'd also give Aston another shot.

Female side is harder to cast, thinking the likes of Faye, Debbie & Maisie could be up for it, maybe an early winner or two? No thanks to Stacey.
I'd like them to bring out some of the proper old school dancers like Denise Lewis, Mark Ramprakash, Julian Clary, Kata Tointon, Lisa Riley and Austin Healey.

I was thinking of Karim for Dianne, he showed a lot of ballroom potential and I feel that she could have matched his youthfulness whilst not throwing the kitchen sink into routines.

Maybe a couple of reunion pairings - Danny/Oti, Debbie/Gio, Maisie/Gorka.
No lie I was watching with my mum and she thought he was the pro! She honestly didn’t think amy could keep up! Just like JJ amy brought out the worst in them.

No lie I was watching with my mum and she thought he was the pro! She honestly didn’t think amy could keep up! Just like JJ amy brought out the worst in them.
I thought they were such a mismatched pairing - Amy seems quite mature for her age, her personality and dancing style did not match Karim's high energy, youthful style at all. Despite all of 3 years between them, at times, it felt as if she was his stage mum. I honestly believe they were only paired together so that people would forget about the argument with Danny. I do think she did fit much better with JJ despite the screeching.

Reactions: 3
Weren’t mark and Karen a lovely pairing!
Still one of my favourites. I still remember the stress when her mic pack caught and they had to stop the dance.

They really need to do something different this year with either going back to a restricted traditional set of dances or new pros as I don't think I can sit through another series like last year with all that shite they call contemporary or street. I'm sorry Janette and Karen but if you can't cheorgraph a traditional foxtrot or cha cha you should go.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
They really need to do something different this year with either going back to a restricted traditional set of dances or new pros as I don't think I can sit through another series like last year with all that shite they call contemporary or street.
I quite like Contemporary (probably a minority view) but street on SCD is just god-awful. No offence to Karen but that's 3 years in a row where her celebs have done really well in street but couldn't do traditional ballroom for toffee which kinda misses the point of SCD.

Reactions: 4
I’d love to see them do an all star series for the 20th season next year but I doubt they’ll do it. I feel like they’d have to do all full series or not bother at all for it to be worth it.

Reactions: 2
Still one of my favourites. I still remember the stress when her mic pack caught and they had to stop the dance.

They really need to do something different this year with either going back to a restricted traditional set of dances or new pros as I don't think I can sit through another series like last year with all that shite they call contemporary or street. I'm sorry Janette and Karen but if you can't cheorgraph a traditional foxtrot or cha cha you should go.
Absolutely, and That night was brilliant, with them asking Bruce to let them dance gain and the audience cheering.

Ugh I miss Karen Hardy. She'll always be my number 1 pick for a new judge.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.