Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #6 The Aftermath

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think we'll at least see some new men next year. 2 for AJ & Kevin and possibly 3 if Anton becomes a judge.

Kai from DWTS Ireland is a definite and I'd personally like a Northern European male pro, we've got the Mediterranean hunk quota covered. Definitely think we need some fresh blood.

I reckon Janette is the only woman likely to leave. Karen probably will call it a day after next series and maybe some of the others depending where their lives are at. I love Oti as a dancer/choreographer but I also am beginning to think her time is up soon - in the last 5 years, she's had the best male celeb ever, first ever contestant with a missing limb and then two winners in a row. Nothing left to achieve.
Oti may have done it all but I can’t see her leaving any time soon. Her love for the show is probably what will keep bringing her back whether she keeps winning or not, I hope she comes back and continues to break as many strictly records as she can 😂 she’s a queen

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oti may have done it all but I can’t see her leaving any time soon. Her love for the show is probably what will keep bringing her back whether she keeps winning or not, I hope she comes back and continues to break as many strictly records as she can 😂 she’s a queen
What more records could she really break though?

Glad she has her wins and I absolutely loved her with Danny Mac (definitely the best choreo ever on the show) but I'll be pissed if she gets a celeb with any chance of going far next year, getting to Kevin levels now.

Reactions: 4
According to the Daily Mail all the pros including the benched, have had there contracts renewed.. I wonder if everyone signed?
As much as I want there to be a bit of a shake up I can totally understand why all the pros have decided to stay for the 2021 series. The covid situation remains unchanged (perhaps even a little worse imo). I think it’s pretty likely that all their tours will be cancelled again for this year so that leaves Strictly as their only source of employment and income.

Hopefully that means though that after this year there’s a bit of a clear out. I can see a few of the girls leaving to start families etc and they could really be doing with some new faces.

Reactions: 8
I fully expected most of this year's lot to return (Not 100% sure on Janette and Anton maybe heads to the judging panel) because it's an easy meal ticket. Completely fair enough and we do get a couple of new male pros anyway.

If there's not a shakeup after 2021, I'll be disappointed. The show needs freshened up soon and some new pros could really help with that.

I think I touched a nerve on Digital Spy for daring to say that pros other than Oti deserve the spotlight...

Reactions: 2
Thoughts on this?

After I mentioned before that Janette was being quiet about spending Christmas in Miami with her family, she posted a picture about it and then deleted it a few hours later after she got a lot of stick in the comments for travelling from a tier 4 area. Now she and Aljaz have done this interview saying that they spent Christmas together at home, just the two of them 🧐

• Angry
Thoughts on this?

After I mentioned before that Janette was being quiet about spending Christmas in Miami with her family, she posted a picture about it and then deleted it a few hours later after she got a lot of stick in the comments for travelling from a tier 4 area. Now she and Aljaz have done this interview saying that they spent Christmas together at home, just the two of them 🧐
I'm not going to judge her for flying to see her family and she did take a negative test before it so is at least no Margaret Ferrier but I do think it's real shady to sell an interview to the paper and then go and do the exact thing you said you weren't doing. Why would she lie?

I know it's awful having family so far away (speaking from experience), but as a resident in a tier 4 area, she did break restrictions as it's not a work trip. And the situation is so serious right now

Completely baffled by that interview - obviously written well before Christmas when Janette intended to stay in the UK, but the way it's written means it now sounds like she's telling outright lies. Just seems mad that she would put herself in that position. Maybe there are extenuating circumstances, who knows

What more records could she really break though?

Glad she has her wins and I absolutely loved her with Danny Mac (definitely the best choreo ever on the show) but I'll be pissed if she gets a celeb with any chance of going far next year, getting to Kevin levels now.
I’m sure she will find another record to break, earliest 10 of the series or other things similar. I agree about her getting a contender next year, I want her to come back but I think it would be unfair if she was given someone good again. Give it a break for at least a series or two and then give her someone decent again, mind you the producers probably thought they were doing that in giving her Bill this year and look how that turned out 😭

The whole thing with Janette irritates me, I would have a lot more respect for her if she just admitted she flew home for Christmas rather then pretend it didn’t happen.

It is one thing to make the decision to see family abroad (although I am not sure the law is on her side seeing as she appears to be a UK resident) its quite another to lie and mislead people. I would have far more respect for her if she was was just honest about it.
There is also the issue of re-entry back into the country, she may have a negative test before she boards but that doesn't stop her picking it up on the flight and then speading it afterwards which is why we were told no unneccesary travel.

However I suspect she wasn't the only Pro who ignored the rules, they were just slightly smarter about it.

I am pleased Strictly have automatically invited the Pros back, i hope Kai W is one of them, but i would love a couple of new Pros too.

edit to add: I suspect if Jannet gets called out on it publically she will claim they did do chrostmas at home just not on the 25th.

Reactions: 1
Just went onto the Strictly Reddit page, apparently some gossip about this years cast. Not 100% sure of the reliability but what was told does add up so I'm inclined to believe that there may be some truth. Apparently Ranvir & Gio didn't really get on so were told to play up the chemistry by producers. Also, one of the couples had a fling and their spouses found out.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Just went onto the Strictly Reddit page, apparently some gossip about this years cast. Not 100% sure of the reliability but what was told does add up so I'm inclined to believe it is true. Apparently Ranvir & Gio didn't really get on so were told to play up the chemistry by producers. Also, one of the couples had a fling and their spouses found out.
I’m guessing Amy and JJ.

Which couple do you think it was?
I saw it before you edited your post, and I’m afraid I don’t believe it. I don’t think the male involved would be stupid enough to jeopardise his family situation.

I need to know who😵😵

Good shout
I’ve just had a read and it does indeed say Amy and JJ and now I’m intrigued. A poster also pointed out that she hasn’t posted with her fiancé in a while which could obviously mean nothing but🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.