Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #6 The Aftermath

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tess needs help presenting, there’s only so many ‘they’re on their feet’ she can say surely. A co presenter, Jamie, Rylan, Vernon, Bradley. Love any of these mentioned would be great in help shaking up the show.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Paso
Ranvir and Giovanni week 1
JJ and Amy, Caroline and Johannes week 2
Jason and Luba, Bill and Oti week 3

Waltz:
JJ and Amy week 1
Clara and Alijaz and HRVY and Janette (Viennese) week 2
Caroline and Johannes week 4
JJ and Amy (Viennese) week 6
Ranvir and Giovanni (Viennese) week 7
Ranvir and Giovanni, Maisie and Gorka (Viennese) week 8
I need to pay more attention, don't I?
How do you remember all of that?
Im impressed.
Note to self - pay closer attention and dont make self look stupid.

Speaking of paso i'd have loved to have seen Chris Parker and his cape dance in that Christmas day memorable dance show.
It was glorious in its awfulness.

Reactions: 1
I need to pay more attention, don't I?
How do you remember all of that?
Im impressed.
Note to self - pay closer attention and dont make self look stupid.

Speaking of paso i'd have loved to have seen Chris Parker and his cape dance in that Christmas day memorable dance show.
It was glorious in its awfulness.
I didn’t remember them all - I knew there was some some, Wikipedia is my friend!

Im out of step with popular opinion here, as I don’t find Tess particularly wooden as a presenter. She isn’t Miss Personality, though I’d agree on that.

Reactions: 4
I said it multiple times during this year to my mum that there was too much couples choice now in strictly. Like one each week. Not enough of the standard ballroom and Latin dances, too much dancing side by side. Like jamie in the Final did a Charleston, showdance and street dance. None of that is showing his improvement in ballroom or Latin. I’d like to get rid of CC just to see the couples do more of the traditional dances.

Reactions: 7
Im out of step with popular opinion here, as I don’t find Tess particularly wooden as a presenter. She isn’t Miss Personality, though I’d agree on that.
Yeah, I don’t mind her. She’s just there. On one hand I guess you should expect more from someone with such a top job but you wouldn’t want someone making it all about them would you?

I feel like Tess is part of the Strictly furniture, kinda like Anton, and it would be weird without her. She's not the most entertaining presenter, but she keeps the show running smoothly and doesn't make it about herself, which is a good thing when you have judges, celebs and pros all vying for attention.

Well you fooled me!
Xxx

I think it was you who was wondering if Graziano had managed to get back to Italy, he posted yesterday that he was back home after three flights to get there. And Janette is being very quiet about the fact that she is in Florida, although her mum isn't, having posted multiple pictures of her at Disneyland 🧐

Reactions: 3
I feel like Tess is part of the Strictly furniture, kinda like Anton, and it would be weird without her. She's not the most entertaining presenter, but she keeps the show running smoothly and doesn't make it about herself, which is a good thing when you have judges, celebs and pros all vying for attention.

I think it was you who was wondering if Graziano had managed to get back to Italy, he posted yesterday that he was back home after three flights to get there. And Janette is being very quiet about the fact that she is in Florida, although her mum isn't, having posted multiple pictures of her at Disneyland 🧐

Wonder where he spent Christmas?
Poor lad.

And I agree about Tess. She's part of the furniture. I'd miss her too if she left.

I prefer Tess to Bruce. I used to find Bruce the worst part of Strictly; too old fashioned, unfunny, embarrassing in general really. I quite like Claudia and it's a good point that Tess lets the judges and the celebrities shine given she's so devoid of personality.

Reactions: 8
I said it multiple times during this year to my mum that there was too much couples choice now in strictly. Like one each week. Not enough of the standard ballroom and Latin dances, too much dancing side by side. Like jamie in the Final did a Charleston, showdance and street dance. None of that is showing his improvement in ballroom or Latin. I’d like to get rid of CC just to see the couples do more of the traditional dances.
I think the producers are too attached to CC now to scrap it, especially since it’s generated so many high-scoring and memorable dances, but I wish they’d have a Couple’s Choice week where everyone does theirs. That would make it easier to compare them and it would avoid it being used as an easy vote winner.

I miss the days where each couple in the final had to do a ballroom and Latin dance.

Reactions: 13
Am I remembering wrong or back in the early days, were you only allowed lifts in the american smooth? I don't seem to remember the early salsas having lifts in - only the early 2010s onwards... I remember Brendan would always sneak in illegal lifts though :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Am I remembering wrong or back in the early days, were you only allowed lifts in the american smooth? I don't seem to remember the early salsas having lifts in - only the early 2010s onwards... I remember Brendan would always sneak in illegal lifts though :love:
And Craig used to be such a stickler for illegal lifts, he’d be mentioning it left right and centre.

Reactions: 5
I have just started to watch older seasons of DWTS over Christmas break and to fill the strictly void and omg...

HELLO VAL CHMERKOVSKIY 😛🤤😏😍
On the topic of Val, his dances with Zendaya are some of my favourite! How she never won is beyond me?!

I also liked him with Danica Mckellar, sure she wasn’t the most natural dancer but she always looked like she was having fun. I really enjoyed their quickstep to Be Our Guest

• Heart
I prefer Tess to Bruce. I used to find Bruce the worst part of Strictly; too old fashioned, unfunny, embarrassing in general really. I quite like Claudia and it's a good point that Tess lets the judges and the celebrities shine given she's so devoid of personality.
Yes Bruce made it about him.
Tess does let others shine.
And remember when Bruce e got annoyed when Harry's bandmates ran onto the dancefloor to congratulate him?
Bruce was quite nasty then, I thought.

And he got really doddery towards the end.
I know he had to have very large cue cards to prompt him, and Tess, the unsung heroine kept everything going and was happy to let bruce take the praise.
She has an earpiece in - he didnt.
I think she's fine.

If there were to be any changes at all then swapping Claudia and Tess would freshen things up.

Reactions: 10
I only started watching in 2014, so I hadn't seen any of the older dances before (not that many made the list). After now seeing them, i'm completely baffled by Tom Chamber's showdance and Louis Smith's dirty dancing routine being included - thought the former was awful and the latter just a crap version of the movie choreography, even more so than most movie week dances.

And I don't even know where to start with bloody Widdecombe being on that list - they should be erasing her from Strictly history rather than making out she was some sort of loveable comedy turn

Loved Jill's jive though. But the camera work was even dodgier back than than it is now

Glad to see Alexandra and Gorka's jive made the list. She can be a bit of a tit on occasion, but that dance was 🔥🔥🔥
I didn’t like her on the show, nor did I enjoy her dances, but they absolutely should not be ‘erasing her from Strictly history’. It’s not their job to be the thought police.

I didn’t like her on the show, nor did I enjoy her dances, but they absolutely should not be ‘erasing her from Strictly history’. It’s not their job to be the thought police.
I was exaggerating slightly, but I can't stand the way they wheel her out on every single one of these specials and present her as some sort of fun comedy figure when she is, in fact, a nasty homophobe

• Heart
If they’d booted Anton back in Series 7 due to the comments made towards Laila Rouass, we may well have dodged the Widdecombe bullet completely (I think she had it in her contract to get Anton and I doubt any of the other male pros would have been willing to dance with her).

People like Ed Balls, Russell Grant, Susan Calman are all harmless comedy acts. Widdecombe is a total homophobe so why do they keep bringing her on?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
At the start of the series this year, I posted on Facebook that I didnt think Oti would win this year, how wrong was I 😯😯, but u could see his improvement throughout the weeks!
I dont like Katya, love Aljaz, Karen, Janette, but agree it would be good to see some new professionals 💃💃💃

it would be good to see some new professionals 💃💃💃
I think we'll at least see some new men next year. 2 for AJ & Kevin and possibly 3 if Anton becomes a judge.

Kai from DWTS Ireland is a definite and I'd personally like a Northern European male pro, we've got the Mediterranean hunk quota covered. Definitely think we need some fresh blood.

I reckon Janette is the only woman likely to leave. Karen probably will call it a day after next series and maybe some of the others depending where their lives are at. I love Oti as a dancer/choreographer but I also am beginning to think her time is up soon - in the last 5 years, she's had the best male celeb ever, first ever contestant with a missing limb and then two winners in a row. Nothing left to achieve.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.