Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #6 The Aftermath

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could we dip into past contestants for a Tess replacement? Any ideas?

Brian Conley seemed like a natural fit for the 'Bruce' role but I think he is a bit polarising (though came across quite well on the show).
Not a past contestant but I think Bradley Walsh would be a great host. And he’s presented programmes for the BBC recently so he’s not tied to ITV.

If we suggest past presenters, I’m worried they’ll give to job to Ore 😂. Stacey Dooley presented the tour earlier this year and she wasn’t a natural.

Reactions: 3
Genuinely think Vernon Kay guys! Shame he would have to take his wife’s job though! 😂
Dermot O’Leary? David Williams??

Reactions: 1
I know some people don’t like him but I think Rylan and Claudia would be a really warm and funny combination.

Reactions: 15
I love Rylan and think he'd be great for the main show - it might suit him at some point in future as it's 1 night versus several on ITT.

Problem is that the homophobes would be out in full force if he got the main show gig, most don't watch ITT and the reception was bad enough. I don't like to brand people as homophobic, racist, sexist or whatever else but I do believe there is a slight bigoted side to many who criticise him since he does a really good job presenting.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Rylan is gonna be so busy someday as a presenter. Because there is so much he is currently doing. And so many things you could see him stepping in to when current hosts choose to move on. Like Strictly and he will definitely replace Graham Norton for Eurovision week when Graham chooses to depart that job.

He's a well liked, hard working, very good presenter so I'm personally very happy to see him do well. I just hope he doesn't take on too many shows at any one time. Leads to over exposure like Phil and Holly and Claire Balding was guilty of it for a while a few years ago (she openly said she was guilty of it, saying yes to everything, it was too much, she was over exposed, and has since toned it right down)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I love Rylan and think he'd be great for the main show - it might suit him at some point in future as it's 1 night versus several on ITT.

Problem is that the homophobes would be out in full force if he got the main show gig, most don't watch ITT and the reception was bad enough. I don't like to brand people as homophobic, racist, sexist or whatever else but I do believe there is a slight bigoted side to many who criticise him since he does a really good job presenting.
Yep but you get crucified for branding anything homophobic, racist or sexist in the facebook group because it might upset the traditional, bigoted oldies:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have just started to watch older seasons of DWTS over Christmas break and to fill the strictly void and omg...

HELLO VAL CHMERKOVSKIY 😛🤤😏😍

I have just started to watch older seasons of DWTS over Christmas break and to fill the strictly void and omg...

HELLO VAL CHMERKOVSKIY 😛🤤😏😍
Can't stand Val - he was involved in a court case a while ago for putting a meme of a kid with Down syndrome on his Twitter as an anti obesity stunt and refused to apologise for it. He's also made partners cry several times and now that he's no longer getting given the ringers, I don't think he tries that hard any more either.

His brother Maks can also be a nasty piece of work though I did sometimes like him.

Several past pros I love on DWTS though. Mostly the female ones TBH.

Which seasons are you watching?

Can't stand Val - he was involved in a court case a while ago for putting a meme of a kid with Down syndrome on his Twitter as an anti obesity stunt and refused to apologise for it. He's also made partners cry several times and now that he's no longer getting given the ringers, I don't think he tries that hard any more either.

His brother Maks can also be a nasty piece of work though I did sometimes like him.

Several past pros I love on DWTS though. Mostly the female ones TBH.

Which seasons are you watching?
Well I watched s29 live for the first time and thought it was rubbish, I hated Tyra, I didn't really know any of the pros too although I love Daniella! I thought I'd give it another chance as its covid year and all TV is different.. I read reviews online for best seasons and went for s18 as apparently there were new changes, I loved Meryl and Maks partnership but I was really rooting for Charlie and Sharna, as he's just lovely!! I'm now watching of s23, and I love Val and Lauries partnership he is so sweet with her as she's so young, but James and Sharna are incredible considering he has no experience. What season do you reccomend next? I was thinking 21 not really following any order now 😄

Thats a shame about Val, he does seem an arrogant twit at times, but a very attractive twit.. 😍

Well I watched s29 live for the first time and thought it was rubbish, I hated Tyra, I didn't really know any of the pros too although I love Daniella! I thought I'd give it another chance as its covid year and all TV is different.. I read reviews online for best seasons and went for s18 as apparently there were new changes, I loved Meryl and Maks partnership but I was really rooting for Charlie and Sharna, as he's just lovely!! I'm now watching of s23, and I love Val and Lauries partnership he is so sweet with her as she's so young, but James and Sharna are incredible considering he has no experience. What season do you reccomend next? I was thinking 21 not really following any order now 😄

Thats a shame about Val, he does seem an arrogant twit at times, but a very attractive twit.. 😍
Sharna is my favourite current pro and I wish she won at least once - either James or Charlie would have been perfect. Her partnership with James was amazing, gutted they didn't win. Charlie got screwed by the show because they really wanted Meryl to win.

I'd go for an earlier season - during the first lockdown, I watched quite a few of the earlier ones, mostly between Season 3 & Season 9. It was entertaining (early SCD was a bit stuffy and 'pure ballroom' for my liking) but still an element of traditional ballroom.

Avoid Season 27 at all costs.

Last edited:
  • Heart
early SCD was a bit stuffy and 'pure ballroom' for my liking

I think its now gone too far the other way.
Too much "street dance" and contemporary stuff and way too much "mucky feet wafting arms and looking earnest" dances.

Did anyone even do a paso doble this year?
And how many did a waltz or anything like that? Not very many.

I dont want the stuffy boring ballroom of old "come dancing" but I would like to see a bit more ballroom than we've had of late. They can make it less stuffy if they put their minds to it.

And instead of all the group dances theyve done lately which are a bit samey, Im dying for them to do the "mambo" number from West Side Story as a group dance.

Reactions: 6
Did anyone even do a paso doble this year?
And how many did a waltz or anything like that? Not very many.
Paso
Ranvir and Giovanni week 1
JJ and Amy, Caroline and Johannes week 2
Jason and Luba, Bill and Oti week 3

Waltz:
JJ and Amy week 1
Clara and Alijaz and HRVY and Janette (Viennese) week 2
Caroline and Johannes week 4
JJ and Amy (Viennese) week 6
Ranvir and Giovanni (Viennese) week 7
Ranvir and Giovanni, Maisie and Gorka (Viennese) week 8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.