Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MidnightAura

VIP Member
He was such a twat on the reunion. He comes across a bit better on the follow up series about their tour. Hes fake AF though
I don’t think I’ve watched that yet. He is fake I agree.

As weird as this might sound, I just can’t look at Steps the same way. Partly because as a kid I had the mispleasure of meeting the boys who were pretty rude, Faye just ignored us all but Lee and H in particular could not have been less interested if they tried. But also cause i don’t think they get on and they are just pretending they are all BFFs when the real reason they have reunited is probably money and that’s okay. I think as a band they come across very fake now.

Reactions: 3

MsGilmore

VIP Member
She was on GMB this morning, she looks like she's gaining weight again - she was very covered up this morning in a huge oversized shirt and flared jeans. A family member has had a gastric sleeve and initially lost loads of weight, almost looking emaciated but she's now worked out how to "cheat" and she's put about 3 stone back on.

That's who Claire reminded me of this morning.
Has she had a gastric sleeve?! I actually thought she went too far. I think she suits her curves.

Nalabear

I’m seeing Steps tomorrow at the 02, this will be my 7th time seeing them!
I’m sure the tour name/details changed since when it was first advertised as now is a ‘all the hits’ tour
I’m excited to see them again but wish they were doing some more of their new stuff, also gonna miss Faye!

MrAllSeeingEye

VIP Member
I thought H and Clare came off really badly in that doc. You can tell that H and Lee never really got on as it was super awkward when Lee went to stay with H!

Lisa me laugh when they were in the studio and they were recording their cover of Dancing Queen, subtly suggesting she should sing the first verse rather than Clare: “We could start off with Faye singing, or you know, ME?”

I remember there was a follow up doc that covered the tour but it wasn’t as good and felt like they were just making up drama for the sake of it, with costume issues etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

QueenieMcSheenee

Absolutely loved totally Scott Lee wish they'd made more so entertaining. Lisa was horrible to Michelle and came across as a bitch.
Claire was always my favourite but tbh after reading her autobiography really went off her altogether.
Still love the songs though 😊

Sogdhitalley

VIP Member
I saw them in Birmingham and she completely forgot her line at one point that the track was just playing and then H and Faye just laughed.

I enjoyed the tour but it lacked so much energy and they changed some of the styles of their songs which I hated. Like after the love has gone, it was so weird and 5678. I get they were trying to make it different but people love the classics. They did too many remix things with the songs. I didn’t think it had the energy previous tours have had. Also got vibes that Claire didn’t wanna be there tbh!

I also noticed that Faye doesn’t follow H on Instagram?
You're right, I just had a look. I wonder why she doesn't follow him? He follows her. Very strange.

purpleaubergine

Chatty Member
I was really disappointed at 5,6,7,8 ☹ Should of just kept the original.
But it was good, I had a excellent view of Lee 🥰 and I agree Sophie Ellis bextor was good too 💃🏻

hol20x

VIP Member
H and Lisa seem very close, which is funny considering it was him and Claire who went solo back in the day. I can imagine H would be draining to be around, I don’t think I could put up with him. They did seem really appreciative of the support when I saw them last night, it seemed genuine. But I would say for some of them it’s a source of income rather than something they really want to do.

They did an interview late last year about their new album and while they were obviously in the same building, H and Lisa were in a separate room from the others which just seemed weird. Even with covid it seemed bizarre that they couldn't all be together in one room at a time when they were actually recording stuff and filming music videos. Also, no idea if its something they do every night on tour but H made a joke about Faye being on Onlyfans and she didn't sound overly happy with him but he seemed to find it hilarious.
He made that joke at my show last night too and she laughed and said people keep asking her if it’s true but it’s not.

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
Do we have any juicy gossip on Steps?
Spill that tea...
Lisa Scott Lee has always been mucky. Back in their 90s prime there was barely a month without someone selling a kiss and tell to a sunday paper which was usually the News Of The World. I am sure other stories from the time are available to read online but here's one example from the Sunday People.

• Haha

Restless Native

VIP Member
That documentary kind of put me off Steps. I think Faye and Lee came off well but H acted like a prick. Claire also didn’t come across great. I thought it was really nasty that Claire was in the position of knowing about H and the manager and having to lie about it to the others. Especially if there was already tension there.
They all seemed to absolutely hate each other

• Sad

shellie

VIP Member
I agree. I used to like Claire but she’s the main player in Steps and she knows it!

I think it was in the documentary that Claire said she couldn’t possibly sing live for the entire show. How does she think performers in the Westend cope?
There were a few reasons I was never too keen on Claire... The first was I thought Faye had a better voice and should have had more solo vocals. Then there was the twitch thing she used to constantly do with her nose that I hadn't noticed but after that couldn't help but see.

Then there were the rumors she and Lee had a thing. It was in The Sun so probably BS but I was a teenager at the time and him even looking at someone did my head in. Lastly, and worst of all, my dad fancied her and was forever stealing my videos/CDs and didn't know enough to wipe the history on the desktop whenever he had been on the sites I had bookmarked and when I questioned him, his excuse was he liked the music :sick:

Most of it was stupid and irrational but as I say, I was a teenager at the time so...