Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MrAllSeeingEye

VIP Member
Great to see they are as popular as ever. They’ve done a great job of continuing their sound while making it more contemporary. And they seem to be genuinely enjoying themselves.

I love the promo they have done for this album, with the megamix, the HD videos, behind the scenes footage from filming their classic videos etc. They really are the ultimate pop band.

Reactions: 5

MidnightAura

VIP Member
I loved Steps a kid! Their steps reunion documentary partially shattered my illusions that they all loved each other and were close. Claire was bullied, H was/is a complete prick, Lisa is totally delusional and Lee is a pretty boy but he can’t sing so why he was surprised they weren’t using his vocals shouldn’t surprise him.

I met Lee, H and Faye back in 2001. The boys In particular made it very clear they didn’t want to interact with the few fans there.

• Sad

Lolly505

VIP Member
#BlockedByHFromSteps has been trending because H has been using software that blocks people based on their views. Basically if you think a woman cannot have a penis he will block you. The same guy who won't have used a trans surrogacy to see how it would have gone down.
I mean, it's hardly surprising that a gay man doesn't want to see LGBT+ discrimination on his feed, especially considering how many homophobic comments he attracts on his social media as is?

Like I'm seeing right-wing folk now desperately trying to get him cancelled using the fact Steps weren't getting equal pay back in 1999 as 'proof' he's misogynistic 🙈 Like no, your real outrage there should be at the record label clearly taking advantage of young women by low-balling them in contract negotiations, as does our culture of not discussing salaries for fear of being 'rude' which only benefits the company in hiding pay gaps. (Not to mention the article they're sharing actually states it was Lee's salary that was twice that of the girls' and doesn't even mention H.)

Anyway I'm glad to see he's taking all this in his stride:
Screenshot_20221228_155944_Twitter.jpg

• Heart

Gold_7

Chatty Member
I’d like to thank everyone in this thread that recommended Totally Scott-Lee - I hadn’t even heard of it before but last night I accidentally binge watched it on YouTube with a couple of G&Ts…….. Let’s just say, evening well spent! 😂
I watched it all a few months ago as well - brilliantly cringe. It was like a parody/ spoof! I quite fancy watching it again, I need a good laugh.

Sogdhitalley

VIP Member
She's usually got a glass of something on her in her Instagram posts. I'd love to know if her and Claire actually do still hate each other or not.
Yes me too!! Lisa and H seem to be best buds again. I used to really like H but he seems cocky and arrogant rather than confident and humble.

CookieZippy

VIP Member
Lisa and Claire will be at war as we speak over who gets to sing all Faye's lines! They are lucky they don't all have it given how much close contact they must have with her too.

Reactions: 4

Moobiemoo

VIP Member
I’m totally going to watch that show now. I had a right crush on Andy to be honest 😂

5 mins in on YouTube and Mich is laughing at Lisa and cringing at the nanas dog 😂

MidnightAura

VIP Member
I thought H and Clare came off really badly in that doc. You can tell that H and Lee never really got on as it was super awkward when Lee went to stay with H!

Lisa me laugh when they were in the studio and they were recording their cover of Dancing Queen, subtly suggesting she should sing the first verse rather than Clare: “We could start off with Faye singing, or you know, ME?”

I remember there was a follow up doc that covered the tour but it wasn’t as good and felt like they were just making up drama for the sake of it, with costume issues etc.
I agree. I used to like Claire but she’s the main player in Steps and she knows it!

I think it was in the documentary that Claire said she couldn’t possibly sing live for the entire show. How does she think performers in the Westend cope?

CookieZippy

VIP Member
Yeah he just needs to go over there, sing his songs (or let Claire do most of the singing), take the money and leave. You don't need to be dancing about in the streets with a rainbow flag while you're over there. I'm sure him and Lisa have had some right awkward conversations about it all. I bet Lee was fucking seething at missing out on the huge payday too.

Pinkii

VIP Member
Ffs seen Claire is in daily mail again talking about how she had to be skinny for the band!

Is this her personality now? Anytime i hear about her is when she spins this story time and time again.

Yogarow

Oh wow Claire had 2 husbands? I always thought she just had the one she has kids with (who was involved with steps wasn't he?) I just don't remember her talking about a divorce which I feel she definitely would. H is so fake isn't he. Always agrees with the last person he spoke to.

Helephant

I thought it was pretty bland at best, nothing that countless others don't already do better. At least their old stuff is largely fun and gets people on their feet. The new stuff definitely doesn't translate well live, completely forgettable stuff.

I should also have mentioned that Sophie Ellis-Bextor was supporting them and was great fun, she seems genuinely lovely and has a great sense of humour. Looks great too.

CookieZippy

VIP Member
They did an interview late last year about their new album and while they were obviously in the same building, H and Lisa were in a separate room from the others which just seemed weird. Even with covid it seemed bizarre that they couldn't all be together in one room at a time when they were actually recording stuff and filming music videos. Also, no idea if its something they do every night on tour but H made a joke about Faye being on Onlyfans and she didn't sound overly happy with him but he seemed to find it hilarious.

• Wow