Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

xvictoriax

Chatty Member
Regards the H/Tim secrecy I actually think it was unfair of H to expect her to keep it a secret and they should have told the rest of them. The rest of your point is valid though I do think Claire was very naive in a lot of aspects regards relationships.

Reactions: 4

hol20x

VIP Member
I think for Lee it's just a way of paying the bills, I don't think he enjoys it at all.

Sloppys

VIP Member
How did I not know lee did a solo thing called The Latch? I’ve just you tubed it. Not the best singer but this is more of a ‘rock vibe’. Has only been viewed 4K times though so I think that says it all 😂

hol20x

VIP Member
Happy for them getting another #1 album, they're the only pop band around these days.

Wish they'd do another arena tour.

Yogarow

I loved steps. I remember getting the album buzz for Christmas once and listening to it at the dining table on my own that evening.

Lisa was my favourite, I remember Claire and h used to annoy me cos toward the end it was all about them. They presented a talent show on cbbc (steps to the stars i think it was called) then released a couple of singles as H and Claire.

I loved how each single had a look with steps. My favourite was the china/Mulan theme for after the love has gone. Hated tragedy and chain reaction. The stomp video was my whole look in year 6!! Especially the hair!

CookieZippy

VIP Member
The banter they do between songs probably is pretty scripted then. Lisa Scott-Lee probably forgets her lines occasionally.

CookieZippy

VIP Member
Lisa will probably inject the others with Covid before you know it, perfectly timed so that a test only picks it up before they go on stage - then as to not disappoint the fans, the show goes on with only Lisa, holding the mic out to the crowd to sing for 98% of the gig.
And then she forgets all her lines apart from her big moment in Heartbeat

• Haha

CookieZippy

VIP Member
I have read Claire’s book once, didn’t their relationship start as an affair?

I can understand him being cautious about her going back into Steps. It doesn’t sound like Claire enjoyed it and I’m not sure she was the driving force behind the reunion.

Yes, from memory of the book it started as an affair, he stuck with his partner and she married someone she didn't even like that much while fantasising about the cheater interrupting her first wedding and carrying her away. I feel sorry for her first husband. Otherwise known as the second of two men she's fucked 😂

• Haha

MsGilmore

VIP Member
I’ve loved Steps since they were around the first time. I was gutted on that Boxing Day when they split up! I remember mentioning it to a fellow Steps fan friend at school when we went back after Christmas and she wasn’t bothered! 😭🙈
I’ve always liked Faye and wanted to be her their first time round! I’ve never met her, but would love to! It’s nice to see that she is as lovely as she seems. She seems to live a very normal life in the North East.
I’ve always loved Claire’s voice, but the reunion tv show confirmed that she is a diva and an overgrown child.
I think that Lisa seems nice enough, but is very delusional about her own talent! She is a below average singer, but thinks she is Claire’s equal. She is also a pushy stage mum and I don’t think that having your own children front and centre in every production is a great way to run a theatre school/business.
Lee seems very bland and boring. One of those guys who looks good but has no personality!
I’ve always found H annoying and even more so since Steps returned. He was like an overgrown child the first time around and now he treats his sexuality like a personality trait and I think he deliberately does things to shock. I think that he is trying to capatalise on it and get attention for it because he didn’t get it in the 90s and early noughties. All of the ‘I’m a gay you know’ stuff is annoying! There’s a guy at work who is gay and he doesn’t announce it every day in the office - or at all actually. I guess because I don’t judge someone based on their sexual preference is why I find it tedious for it to be woven into everything that H does. Homophobia of course still exists unfortunately, but I think he likes people to be aware of him and he is not always aiming to raise awareness. I’m not blocked by him so far! I’m not sure what his motivation is for all of this, but he is clearly enjoying the attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Yogarow

I'm rewatching steps the reunion, which at nearly 10 years old is out of date now. Still entertaining though. I think faye comes across quite bitter on it, but Claire won't apologise either so I can see why it's hard for faye. Lee comes across the best and Lisa even though on stage Lisa really annoys me.

I agree, scared of the dark album a few years ago was great and the brand new one is really good too. Videos are so boring now compared to the old steps though! J suppose videos aren't that important anymore !

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Saw them in Sheffield a few weeks ago. Thought they were great but definitely got the vibe that Lisa wasn't ok. When they were singing heartbeat she looked a bit lost and forlorn until H grabbed her hand and gave her a reassuring look.

CookieZippy

VIP Member
Yes me too!! Lisa and H seem to be best buds again. I used to really like H but he seems cocky and arrogant rather than confident and humble.

There definitely seems to be a sort of divide with Lisa and H on one side and Lee, Faye and Claire on the other. And yes, H seems a bit of a prick.