Stephmylife (Stephanie Barry-woods)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For a self-styled travel guru, she has really made a balls of organising this trip. They are burning through money on accommodation which I’m sure is annoying Steph.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
For a self-styled travel guru, she has really made a balls of organising this trip. They are burning through money on accommodation which I’m sure is annoying Steph.
This trip really doesn't have the feel of travel about it, more like a not very well planned out multi destination summer holiday.

I can see it being cut short.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This trip really doesn't have the feel of travel about it, more like a not very well planned out multi destination summer holiday.

I can see it being cut short.
Also we have seen next to nothing of the destinations?? Just videos of her face talking or selfies of them or just her in a bikini next to a waterfall. The most we saw was the pyramid thing in Mexico

Reactions: 11
I agree, I really liked Steph when she travelled in Asia and even following their adventures in Italy but it feels like they have no idea what they are doing and that they’ve done absolutely no research. I’ve been travelling and backpacking and you can go with the flow, and move around, but you still have an idea of what to do. It wouldn’t surprise me if they are home within the next month.

Reactions: 8
I think they should have stayed in Italy for Christmas! Would have been more interesting seeing Italian Christmas traditions etc. What they're doing now just looks exhausting to me!

Reactions: 10
I have actually been to Tamarindo in Costa Rica, and I was looking forward to see parts that I’d seen there. So far she has shown us her face in her hotel room, and the same section of beach twice. There is actually a lovely village with loads of surf and trinket shops, but of course we have seen none of that because she would rather show her face 👍🏻

• Haha
I’d rather stay home if I was going to end up complaining about the price of every single thing every single day.

How many times have they moved accomodation at this stage. I don't think I could be arsed.

Seriously who sits down at a restaurant and orders without looking at the prices 😭

Then complain when it's expensive! They seem tight as duck, definitely didn't do their research and assumed it would be like Asia.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
If you are looking for someone who is the complete opposite of steph.. As in low key, not narcissistic and actually provides meaningful travel content, may I suggest @janetnewenham. She's just been to Syria as a tourist and before that Iraq... Her stories are fascinating and actually quite moving.. She's now after leaving Syria and has gone into Lebanon... Just a tip...

If you are looking for someone who is the complete opposite of steph.. As in low key, not narcissistic and actually provides meaningful travel content, may I suggest @janetnewenham. She's just been to Syria as a tourist and before that Iraq... Her stories are fascinating and actually quite moving.. She's now after leaving Syria and has gone into Lebanon... Just a tip...
Her insta stories and YouTube videos are really interesting to watch. Definitely one of my favourite accounts lately.

Reactions: 7
Sounds like she is mad. Lol..those 3 destinations, definitely not for the amateur traveller.

Reactions: 2
Janet is very narcissistic.... same as all the others. She thinks she is some sort of pioneer and doing us all a favor by travelling. She asked people to donate money to her for travelling 😂😂😂.

I used to love Janet but had to unfollow when CoVid hit and she had to come back to Ireland. The amount of moaning she did about not being able to travel ,all while staying in her parents beautiful home with her family surrounding her. I get that travel is her thing and her job but it seemed out of sync with the horror stories in the world about the amount of CoVid deaths. Most people’s livelihoods were affected and I had hoped that she could see she was in a luckier position than most to have a place to come home to.

I used to love Janet but had to unfollow when CoVid hit and she had to come back to Ireland. The amount of moaning she did about not being able to travel ,all while staying in her parents beautiful home with her family surrounding her. I get that travel is her thing and her job but it seemed out of sync with the horror stories in the world about the amount of CoVid deaths. Most people’s livelihoods were affected and I had hoped that she could see she was in a luckier position than most to have a place to come home to.
Ah no way disappointed to hear this... Just started following her and think she is lovely so far! I'm impressed with her content...

Reactions: 4
Janet is very narcissistic.... same as all the others. She thinks she is some sort of pioneer and doing us all a favor by travelling. She asked people to donate money to her for travelling 😂😂😂.
Thank goodness someone said it. She comes across so heartfelt, sincere and passionate about travel.. then asked for donations 😂

Reactions: 4
Maybe I'm a fool but I was really moved by her recent Syria travels and her emotion at the devastation she saw seemed genuine.... I saw that buy me a coffee thing but it didn t overly bother me as I thought her content was excellent and original.. (at least not the usual lengthway look at my skinny tanned bod pics per stephmylife and gratuitous arse shots by (yet another) waterfall) But I'm not a long time follower... I'll give her a chance for a while 😁

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.