Stephmylife (Stephanie Barry-woods)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went on a group trip a few years ago organised by an Insta Face!!We all just got our own insurance
trip organisers should have their own, plus risk assessments etc to protect travellers and their money etc in case they go bust etc

it’s standard for businesses in all industries but is really expensive in travel industry and requires a big deposit in the uk.

Reactions: 1
Let’s hope so- ive never seen a more boring travel trip in my life…waterfall, her arse, another waterfall, them kissing, a sunset, her running, a waterfall, her arse…..dear god!
Compared with the ungraceful guide- I am no dying to travel to turkey thanks to them- lol!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
…waterfall, her arse, another waterfall, them kissing, a sunset, her running, a waterfall, her arse…
Its all so same-y. She could tag the SA places as being in South East Asia and I wouldn’t know the difference. There’s more to these places than sunsets and/or runs on the beach but you’d never know with her and her 826493610 photos of pretty much the same thing each time.

Reactions: 6
S America trip was all so basic....didn't tell me anything about the places they visited that I couldn't have read in Lonely Planet or Rough Guide
no explanation of culture, food , landscape other than posing meaninglessly in front of the ubiquitous waterfalls 🥱
As I've previously mentioned my 22 year old daughter travelled S America with her boyfriend for 6 weeks a couple of years ago and crammed so much into their short time ther and visited some amazing places in Peru,Chile, Bolivia , Argentina and Brazil and all on a very limited budget
They either need to just stick to doing travel blogs or the obviously more lucrative tech boot camps...this was a very half hearted attempt and looked like a very mediocre holiday trip! Out of season

Reactions: 6
it’s irrelevant really where she is which is a pity because she could document very cool places instead her grid is just picture after picture of herself. It’s definitely worse she’s gotten I unfollowed her when she went back to London but went back for a look but I’m clearly missing nothing bar some more shots of her and cringe worthy couple photos

Reactions: 11
khao san is such a boring place to go to in Bangkok. It’s just aimed towards 18 year olds who want to get wasted. It’s not Thai, it’s just full of bars.

Reactions: 9
Oh Khao San is trassssh. Bangkok is a massive and interesting city.

Actually can't believe they flew back to Thailand. That is sooo funny. What a fail. They clearly had no clue about what's good to do in SA. Shows up how boring all their previous travels were as well. They didn't even pack a fleece or jacket for hiking like come on 😅.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
They're blaming covid for their Latin America experience, but it seemed more like lack of research, preparation and an expectation that it would be similar to travelling in Asia.

Reactions: 19
Can't imagine Khao San Road being the same 'buzzy' place they probably remember from their previous travels these days....even before Covid , the authorities were clamping down on a lot of the stalls because they wanted to improve the area as it had a rather very notorious reputation ....wouldn't take any travel advice from her- she's only interested in how 'hot' she can look in photos of her in her bikini
If I was planning on visiting Thailand ( which I've done a couple of times now), I'd want to know where the temples are , what markets are best to go to and when and what food is local to the area ...not looking at a couple of yuppies trying to be hip and cool ps Steph, you're not, posing in front of a waterfall, like every other intstagrammer

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Can't imagine Khao San Road being the same 'buzzy' place they probably remember from their previous travels these days....even before Covid , the authorities were clamping down on a lot of the stalls because they wanted to improve the area as it had a rather very notorious reputation ....wouldn't take any travel advice from her- she's only interested in how 'hot' she can look in photos of her in her bikini
If I was planning on visiting Thailand ( which I've done a couple of times now), I'd want to know where the temples are , what markets are best to go to and when and what food is local to the area ...not looking at a couple of yuppies trying to be hip and cool ps Steph, you're not, posing in front of a waterfall, like every other intstagrammer
dont worry she will show you besides a waterfall a nice sun set or sun rise

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I guess they aren’t the seasoned travellers they think they are. Why anyone would buy a plan from her after this debacle I don’t know.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
They know how to travel around relatively safe touristy places. I mean, how many things were stolen on their brief trip to Latin America?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.