Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cariad

VIP Member
ECA222DE-D722-498B-8D15-558A49004C3C.jpg
8905B3A7-2FAA-412C-8F3B-0394A2C22EF1.jpg
12D8D7BA-7C5F-4EE6-B6E2-0EFEECFCBAD5.jpg
E0F2CE3D-862A-4D9E-8891-271FCDFE880B.jpg
96CFA747-B455-4087-BCE7-D15413A68E78.jpg
Seems like the Thai people are fed up with instagrammers ruining their beautiful palm trees....cant imagine why?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36

Squeezyscoob

and how does Tim feels when woman makes all that crazymoney and he is the only ever seen to cook and clean whenever they are. Are normal things too much for posh Steph? A bit less of self-centrism would be so much more attractive. There was never a word said to people who bought her courses - thank you for your trust choosing me as a teacher etc....for hundreds and thousands they pay for the courses elsewhere 10 times cheaper, just a Wordpress! why pretend there was money to buy a house before. It's a few months of courses that got it all at once. Why lying about small budget to start with. Why so much misleading info so now everyone thinks you can buy villa for pennies.

Are you ok? Seems to be a lot of misplaced anger in your post(s). Steph has been quite open in the past about Tim being the bigger earner in their relationship, as far back as when she was going the travel plans. Sometimes in relationships two people earn different salaries, it doesn’t mean one is better than the other, or more of a contributor to the unit. One person may work outside the home for a high salary, while the other works in the home rearing kids, for example. Both contribute the same amount of effort and time to a successful relationship. That said, Tim is an earner in his own right. If their delegation of cooking and cleaning causes you so much anger then maybe pour yourself a gin.

Have you looked up the cost of houses in abruzzo? Do you know it came with the DW, etc. or if they’ve had things installed while they were back in the U.K.? Irrespective of the cost of it, they’re both hard workers, who lost 99% of their life savings and had to start afresh. It’s bizarre you’d begrudge people a stable roof over their heads.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Ah god I feel bad for poor Tim getting bad press, he seems like a nice guy. Chilled and easy going. Don’t see anything wrong with that. It’s the 21st century so if they decide to share surnames instead of her taking his then I say more power to them! 🙌🏻

Reactions: 30

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
I know its tattle. But for me it is ok to see the good in people. I've been following steph for 3 years about, i went to Bali summer '18 and followed her before that. I actually messaged her a couple of times and she messaged back. The only thing shes done that i really didnt like was share the names of her course attendees. Pretty inoffensive.

She doesnt use #af links all too regularly, she doesnt promote tat, her travel highlights are really useful. I know the pandemic has bee n hard and seeing people go abroad when i havent is tough but honestly aside from a few cringe pics i cant find fault with her. Really do think shes one of the good ones

• Heart
Reactions: 29

generalb@stard

VIP Member
Ok so took some time and got caught up with Steph news about their trip to Italy.

Here's my thoughts on her reasoning.

So at the start as she starts to explain what and why - I was like Ok, still dont think you should of been travelling, but if they were looking to buy a house for somewhere to call home, and perhaps if time was ticking to get the deal done then you could call that essential.

Added to that I've heard of them type of schemes where they are trying to regenerate ageing villages - I started to think, Ok maybe, maybe there was some element of the trip that was necessary.

( Still not giving her that it was not a holiday of some sorts, they were doing too much sightseeing and 'instagramming' for it not still be called a holiday. They were there for 10 days or so).

At this point I'm kind of thinking - right you pushed the limits on this, but maybe just let it side.

But then - she drops the AIRBNB bomb !!!

There was me thinking , that this was them going to Italy - not to buy a house, but a buy a Home.
Some might say whats the difference? To me there is a big difference.

They are buying a property in Italy that they can use as a base to explore the country, and when they are off traveling around the world they'll rent it out. That's not a home that's an business investment. They are not planning on moving there, setting up home there.

To add insult to injury - they are not purchasing a property that they will renovate and invest in the local community regenerating a old building, they are purchasing a property that is ready to go.

This is a 'Holiday Home', and they are pricing out locals out of the housing market there by doing this. We have seen this in various other cities and tourist areas across europe.
THIS IS WHY LOCAL PEOPLE ARE LEAVING THOSE AREAS

I'd almost prefer if she just went there on holiday, its the less of these two evils.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

banana girl

I used to love steph mainly while they travelled around Asia but since they moved to Italy she has really started to grate on me. As an Italian myself I find their behaviour very cringey and I'm certain they stick out like 2 sore thumbs to the locals. They do not have "2 houses" as she continues to refer to the property, but rather the house is split into 2 living spaces, which is very very common in Italy and is done to accommodate the extended family/ageing relatives. I know its a minor detail really but I feel the way she goes on about it is very much to just show off.

Also, in the height of a hot summer, the council will often shut off the water supply/limit pressure with no prior warning to conserve what little water there is. If she had done more research she would know this. After all she "discovered" Abruzzo and is there to educate us all 😒

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Jinglecrackers

This is a genuine question, am I missing something, what rules are they breaking ? They don’t have the same rules as here or in the U.K. and she listed restrictions and I genuinely have t seen where they’ve broken those since they got there . Maybe I’m naive and I’m missing something 🤔

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

rebremm99

Chatty Member
It really bothers me when she comments on places being safe for female travelers when she travels with a man at all times. From someone who has used night trains and buses in Thailand (with my ex lol, not even solo) I definitely did not feel safe.

• Heart

starryeyed10

VIP Member
And she was on her Q&A talking again about safety for females when she has never travelled anywhere alone and has been over there 2 seconds. Does she not realize travelling with a man is a whole other ball game in certain countries? She doesn't even acknowledge it.

generalb@stard

VIP Member
Eco warrior steph on telling us how much CO2 we can save by not buying new clothes of Christmas day. F#ck off! I'm not offsetting your carbon footprint for your flights all over the place.
If I want a new xma jumper I'll buy 1. It'll be only only luxury in last 6 months.

Next time your off to Italy - how about you take the train if you really concerned about the amount of CO2 being pumped into the atmosphere. Practice what you preach ffs.
What a f#cking hypocrite!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Londoncailín

VIP Member
I mean is anybody interested in seeing Thai islands content in 2022... done to death. She's lucky she was smart enough to mak her bootcamps now cos her travel blogger and planner days are finished.
What's done to death is Steph’s reels. Same content over and over. Steph in a bikini, slowly walking through white curtains and onto a balcony, while her lady’s maid, Tim, films with his drone. Annoying supermarket music playing in the background.

• Haha

Finstafran

I have to say this pandemic has really exposed Steph as a bit of a fraud when it’s comes to travel. Pitches herself as an expert yet doesn’t have a clue unless it’s Thailand.
The Mexico/central America trip was embarrassing.
I can’t imagine why anyone would ever pay her to create a travel guide. But then again with her overpriced boot camp courses she probably doesn’t need the cash anymore.

• Heart

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
yikes not sure how I feel about naming and shaming the hotel !! sure say you had a bad experience but something doesn’t sit right with me to then post the actual listing.. 😬 maybe I’m just too nice
Given the dirt in the cups and that they were totally right to share. Seems Steph cant do anything right, the complaint on 99% of threads is that bloggers are saying everything is so amazing all of the time

• Heart

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
Really really like Steph and Tim - they are quite coupley, but i actually think that its lovely that despite being constantly together they still seem quite mad about eachother.

Think Steph is very genuine with properly helpful recommendations too

Reactions: 19