Stephmylife (Stephanie Barry-woods)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Irish travel blogger. Temporarily living in London with her husband. She has been mentioned on a few other threads, so to avoid derailing, I made a thread for her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Thank you!!!

I started watching her because Tim has a severe peanut allergy and was in SE Asia, i would love to take my son and he has the same allergy. But oh my god how irritating are they why are they always on top of eachother it makes he feel like I’m sitting at the end of their bed!!! And she posts photos of herself she’s unbelievably skinny and poor Tim with the love handles.

Reactions: 7
Thank you!!!

I started watching her because Tim has a severe peanut allergy and was in SE Asia, i would love to take my son and he has the same allergy. But oh my god how irritating are they why are they always on top of eachother it makes he feel like I’m sitting at the end of their bed!!! And she posts photos of herself she’s unbelievably skinny and poor Tim with the love handles.
They are practically laminated together. It’s so unnecessary. I used to actually really enjoy her content. I would imagine it’s quite informative for you re the allergies. That’s the kind of stuff I loved about them and the time of their accident my heart went out to them. But lately there has been something bugging me and the trip to Italy just tipped me over the edge.

Reactions: 8
Really really like Steph and Tim - they are quite coupley, but i actually think that its lovely that despite being constantly together they still seem quite mad about eachother.

Think Steph is very genuine with properly helpful recommendations too

Reactions: 19
They are practically laminated together. It’s so unnecessary. I used to actually really enjoy her content. I would imagine it’s quite informative for you re the allergies. That’s the kind of stuff I loved about them and the time of their accident my heart went out to them. But lately there has been something bugging me and the trip to Italy just tipped me over the edge.
Any 1 know what these saving calculators/budget things shes flogging. Are they just spreadsheet templates?

I did see from SOH that she was running some web development course, I'm not an expert but it just looks using Wordpress or similar, I doubt its highly complex, but happy to be informed more.

Reactions: 2
Did something happen between herself and Direness wasn’t she helping him with site and then he said something like things didn’t work out. Seemed to be about her but could be wrong

Diren

I like her but the kissing pictures of them & her on top of him are all so staged. The Italy holiday has made me dislike her slightly. It’s bad timing to be showing how much fun you are having on holiday right now IMO

Reactions: 12
Her ‘course’ for €800-900 (I looked into it) is basically Wordpress . Not anything techy & definitely not enough to set you up in a web design career. Find them overbearing over the top with the lovey Dovey pics etc but she’s definitely in love with herself big time. For a one that goes on so much about sustainable clothing and saving the planet - taking an unnecessary hol in a pandemic was out of character. I don’t think she was qualified enough for Direns work he referred to needing more support and had technical issues with it

She wrote script for a bank in London, pretty sure Direns website would have been easy for her

Her ‘course’ for €800-900 (I looked into it) is basically Wordpress . Not anything techy & definitely not enough to set you up in a web design career. Find them overbearing over the top with the lovey Dovey pics etc but she’s definitely in love with herself big time. For a one that goes on so much about sustainable clothing and saving the planet - taking an unnecessary hol in a pandemic was out of character. I don’t think she was qualified enough for Direns work he referred to needing more support and had technical issues with it
Yeah thats what I was thinking about that course. Im sure you pick up the same material on udemy for a lot less than.
Drag and drop program for you wanna be influencer/blogger

Yowsers!!! Didn’t realise that’s where her price range was for her course.

Used to love her years ago..so authentic & raw just loved the travel & their lifestyle..now I think shes gone like them all & just out to sell & flog tit🙄Not half as bad as some of them though..but has defo sold out

Reactions: 5
I used to really like Steph, found her sound and genuinely a nice person. I agree with what was said above though, that holiday to Italy has pissed me off to no end.
Like I get you guys love travelling but ffs what example are you setting to people? Can you not do without a poxy holiday for a few months??

Reactions: 7
I used to love these two but feel like since they moved to London they’ve changed a bit. The holiday to Italy has confirmed for me I don’t like them, there is just no need to be promoting unnecessary holidays right now with things the way they are in Italy, the UK and all of Europe.
The coding thing is ridiculous, 800€ for learning to use Wordpress🙄 there are unlimited courses online for free!

Reactions: 10
Look I'm all for getting paid what your worth - so perhaps the quality and content of the course is worth it.
I'm taking exception to the fact that they travelled. When I was looking at her stories I seen that she was working during the day from the accom that they got, so to me it was not necessary at all.
Then later she was trying to make a point on how cheap the local wine was, and then had a flash sale for some spreadsheet budget calculator she created, to the same price of the wine.

You didn't need to go there to create content to generate income - you clearly have some ppl on your course!!
Also don't go on about 'How safe' everything is and 'We feel so safe', 'Its not busy'. There is a reason why its not busy ffs.

Did she actually mention if they got a negative result from the testing at the airport?
Said that they would be contacted in a few days.

That would be a bit late if you been travel around the place getting pics for the 'gram.

Reactions: 6
Something has been really bugging me about her too, lately. So glad I stumbled across this thread. I dunno, everything feels a bit fake and too staged, like the PDA photo shoots! I asked before in another forum but I'll put it here again. Does anyone know why she hasn't met her sister LauraDeBarra since moving back to London? Last I checked her sister follows her on IG but not vice versa I think. She comes across as sweet as pie online but I guess all is not as it seems!

Something has been really bugging me about her too, lately. So glad I stumbled across this thread. I dunno, everything feels a bit fake and too staged, like the PDA photo shoots! I asked before in another forum but I'll put it here again. Does anyone know why she hasn't met her sister LauraDeBarra since moving back to London? Last I checked her sister follows her on IG but not vice versa I think. She comes across as sweet as pie online but I guess all is not as it seems!
I also find it strange that her and Laura don’t appear to have met up. They are both constantly out and about in London. It’s a bit bizarre.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.