Stacey Solomon #27 Still a prat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally agree. I hate this culture of forcing people to speak on issues. I’m disgusted by this situation in particular as it is spilling out into the world and spreading so much anti Semitism. as she has said this isn’t a religious war and she has probably been pressured more than lots of others as she is Jewish so people believe she has to comment on it when it has nothing to do with it. I’d rather have unbiased information from well educated people than a random celeb that’s read a few Instagram paragraph. She potentially does know more than your average Joe with being Jewish and has probably been to Israel and seen what’s happening. So many people seem to have just learnt about this and screening their lungs out when this has been happening since WW2 ended. It’s disgusting seeing people compare this to the Holocaust. I’m glad she’s put a neutral statement out as it’s so dangerous for people not educated on it to spread any information frankly.

I disagree. She’s one person on Instagram and another on loose women, she comes across very well and dare I say somewhat intellectual. This is loose women Stacey we’re getting for this post.
I quite often think Stacey comes over as scripted on LW. I don't think it is a discussion show in the way we assume it is.

Reactions: 5
I quite often think Stacey comes over as scripted on LW. I don't think it is a discussion show in the way we assume it is.
They’re told the topics beforehand but not scripted only the questions and intros are scripted. So they will prepare their opinions so
I can see how this comes across scripted I assume with the interviews is the only time it may go awry if the guest answers in a way they’re not expecting.

Reactions: 3
I don't for one second think the 'real' Stacey is the one she portrays. I feel much the same about other celebs, like Joey Essex in particular. They've made their brand from being ditsy or stupid and then get stuck having to maintain it. They've both made successful careers out of it which they couldn't have if they really were thick as pigshit.

Reactions: 16
I think her post regarding Palestine was well articulated. I think she can’t win on that subject whatever she says. I believe her when she says people were hostile in her DMs because of her religion- it’s also been mentioned on here that because she’s Jewish and in the public eye she SHOULD speak about it.
I don’t think influencers/celebs should speak on subjects just because of their social status. As it’s been mentioned, people don’t follow her for that.

I watched LW yesterday for the first time in years and she presents herself professionally and not at all like she is on Instagram.
As for spelling, unfortunately some people just can’t spell well, have dyslexia, or just aren’t good at spelling 🤷🏻‍♀️

Now, remind me how far away the annex is 🤪

Reactions: 39
I don't necessarily see it as an influencer trying to shove her opinion down people's throats but I do feel as someone whose entire life is on insta, yes even her taking a tit at one point, she should mention it. You can bury your head and say it doesn't affect you or you're not educated enough to comment then you know what? Educate yourself. Do some reading.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I agree that influencers aren’t usually obliged to speak on politics or world affairs etc however I feel differently with Stacey. She is a “presenter” on a current affairs tv programme which she uses to increase her platform. We all know the LW Stacey is different from the way she portrays herself on Instagram and I find it wrong that she separates the two so blatantly. So she’s only opinionated and educated when she’s being paid and in a studio?
Not that beauty/ fashion bloggers are incapable of having an opinion or being educated, but they have never purported this to be their USP. Whereas Stacey wants us to take her seriously when she is speaking eloquently and looking all concerned on LW.
She should choose one version of herself or the other. But I’m sick of her playing the “little old silly me” card one minute and then the “serious journalist” card the other. Which is it Stacey.
Rant over.
The words "serious journalist" and loose women being linked together has to be one of the funniest things I've ever read on here.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I'll probably get moaned at here, but I don't see why celebs get moaned at for not acknowledging things like Isreal and Palestine. I'd rather people who were educated on these matters acknowledged it and spoke about it, than influencers and celebs who are acknowledging it for the sake of doing so. People don't follow Stacey for her views on world events, or world politics. They follow her for tidying tips, entertainment purposes etc. I think it's wrong that people are somewhat compelled to speak out about these things just because they have a platform. There's lots of tragic things going on in the world right now, is she expected to speak on all of them? Or just the ones getting most coverage? We don't moan at ordinary people for not acknowledging it. I haven't acknowledged it on my social media, doesn't mean I don't know or care about what's going on.
I don’t really feel qualified to talk about and I’ve got a degree in politics

Reactions: 17
I don't believe you have to be educated on all things, to repost others well informed research or journalism. World issues affect us all, i think we all have an obligation to learn what we can. She could do with not acting like everything is perfect in her ditzy world "hope your ok" bull. All whilst contributing to plastic issues, showing stupid tap to tidy and over exposing her child whilst others are literally dying. I don't expect her to share her opinion because she's not informed but unless these 'celebs' start sharing real life and purposeful content then their sheep will forever be in lala land. I don't expect everyone to agree with me but that's the beauty of opinion, I don't want to live in a world where the majority of people look to these people for reality 😂 She is too busy sniffing pavements to realise she has a platform she could be doing more with than sharing tat.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
It was, I don't think she had to post anything, but a good post and I was quite surprised.
I read it and thought she has had help with that. Which might have been unfair but it is indicative of the level of her daily posts.
I suppose as a person of Jewish heritage, she will know more than some about the issue, but she does say she doesn’t use her social
Media for political issues.
Damned if she posted, damned if she kept quiet.
We can all see what’s happening and it is tragic. Personally, I too would rather listen to experts than influencers, especially on such a serious issue.

Reactions: 10
Sorry to jump into the thread feet first but, I couldn't help but feel it was a very long winded way of saying "no comment". What exactly was the point? If you want to say nothing, then say nothing?

Reactions: 8
Actually in her defence I felt she was implying that she's had anti semitic messages into her inbox and I thought that was why she was keeping her response quiet. Which I can completely understand. It's not her responsibility to discuss Palestine and Israel and I don't really see why people think it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Actually in her defence I felt she was implying that she's had anti semitic messages into her inbox and I thought that was why she was keeping her response quiet. Which I can completely understand. It's not her responsibility to discuss Palestine and Israel and I don't really see why people think it is.
This is also what I read it as

Reactions: 6
To be fair her inbox is probably full of people criticising her parenting, her behaviour, her choice of clothes, she addresses those. What an absolutely horrendous attitude to take "it's not her responsibility", it's all of our responsibilities as human beings to raise awareness of the atrocities that are occurring, on both sides, just like the BLM campaign, the power of the people can't be denied. You can choose to turn your face the other way because its not your responsibility or you can address it, as she has done.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.