Sophie & Dave #3 Fatty Potter & the turkey baster of clickbait.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not sure if it’s just you being naive but parents don’t ‘give a baby up’ for reasons such as this. It’s so much more complex than that. Whatever we think about S and D, they would never do that! I think they have an idealised view of pregnancy and parent hood and the pandemic and lack of their own home and income has been a huge disappointment and robbed them of this (even when lots of it is down to their own bad and irresponsible choices). I think what is going on is a product of their immaturity and inability to make sensible adult choices and the lockdown has made things worse. As a result, and perhaps gender disappointment too, Sophie and maybe Dave is finding it hard to bond and get excited as the baby life/mum life she has longed for is turning out to not have all the things she dreamed of, such as a lovely decorated home and nursery, money to do nice things like fo to Disney etc. This are of course shallow things but also would upset you, whether it’s down to your own choices or not. However, despite all of this, it is a huge leap to suggest they’d not keep their own child!!
I started to write something very similar. The only thing I'd add is that while I think giving up the baby is a little strong, I do think Mummy will bear the brunt of the childcare. It's clear they are extremely disappointed with the situation and doing NOTHING to prepare for their baby. Like literally NOTHING. That is weird.

Reactions: 6
The baby is due in 13 weeks and could obvs come sooner than that.. why haven’t they started with the nursery etc? Where is the nursery even going to go in that house surely there can’t be any room left ??

Reactions: 2
h
The baby is due in 13 weeks and could obvs come sooner than that.. why haven’t they started with the nursery etc? Where is the nursery even going to go in that house surely there can’t be any room left ??

To be fair the baby doesn't need a nursery yet. He should be in their room for minimum of 6 months.

Reactions: 4
There's no room for a nursery. Which is why Sophie doing a mood board is her usual pie in the sky along with her Disney Babymoon that ended up being a freebie in a not very upmarket spa. The baby will be in with Sophie and Dave (ie Mummy's bedroom) for the foreseeable. Even before CV they couldn't afford their own place, no chance now on Dave's furlough pay.

Reactions: 5
They wouldn't give the baby up! They will get her Mum to do it all though!

Reactions: 7
Even before CV they couldn't afford their own place, no chance now on Dave's furlough pay.
This is so true, I get they wanted to be closer to family but I find it strange she would of left a job where she probably had a better than SMP package on maternity and Dave could of got any old job there.

TBH I used to wonder how they afforded their lifestyle most of the time let alone now, not because their lifestyle is glamorous but because their lifestyle is so little work. They are SO lazy and have excuses for everything.

Reactions: 4
They won't give up the baby. That would require the two of them to have some level of insight into how deficient they're proving to be as parents thus far, which they don't have. They seem to think they're "#parentinggoalz".

Reactions: 3
lock the baby in the kitchen like they seem to do with the two dogs

I've been watching back their 2017 Disney vlogs and noticing how often she mentions wanting a baby girl. So awks

Reactions: 1
For someone who's husband only saw her stomach recently shes certainly showing off her stomach a lot to the world

Reactions: 7
I just wish they would answer some real questions. I’d love to ask them on the comments but just know I’d get banned!

1. Dave, why do you keep pretending your on a diet? Five years and you’ve constantly put it on. Acknowledge and discuss your problem with food - it will be more helpful to others struggling.

2. Dave, why do you keep drinking monster when you have enough fuel to burn of your own?

3. Realistically, after lockdown is over, how long do you think you will be staying with mummy?

4. Do your parents help with rent given you will have one salary?

5. Are you living off savings?

6. Are you ready for a baby? (Mentally)

7. Has Dave given up his dream of being a star? Or is he still going to audition?

8. discuss gender disappointment and be honest telling us? Again, being honest may help other people.

9. How does the family feel with you two living there and taking over mummy’s room? Do you feel like the are resentful of the space your takknf

10. Did you ask your sister to move into her big new house?

11. do you expect your mum to be looking after the baby a lot? What will happen when Dave is back working nightshift and your up all night with the baby? Then you expect him to watch baby during the day when he needs sleep? Genuinely want to know how this will work out.

I’d just love for them to have a real open discussion about their actual circumstances and acknowledge some of these issues so we know their head is not actually in the sand!

Sophie and Dave, I’d you guys are reading, please answer the real questions people are scared to ask you publicly!

Reactions: 9
I hope I’m wrong, but part of me thinks (sooner or later) that they might give the baby up. Like everyone says here, neither of them seem pleased about the baby boy, they have no jobs, money, a house etc. Plus they are both selfish and lazy. I just can’t see it working out. Can they really adjust and and raise this baby properly or will they give up?
Are you ok!?! Who in their sick mind would think a pair even soph and Dave would give up a baby!!! I’m sure even they don’t think of it as some toy they can discard!!
I think you need to look in the mirror and question yourself and the way you think because it’s disgusting

Reactions: 13
I hope I’m wrong, but part of me thinks (sooner or later) that they might give the baby up. Like everyone says here, neither of them seem pleased about the baby boy, they have no jobs, money, a house etc. Plus they are both selfish and lazy. I just can’t see it working out. Can they really adjust and and raise this baby properly or will they give up?
yeah possibly, maybe return for refund or ask for an exchange? it’s free returns for 14 days right?

Just to repeat what’s already been said, you crazy.

Its nearly cash point Tuesday, chances of them uploading today to remind the ATM-subs they’re still around?! 😐

Reactions: 6
Give the baby up?? Don’t be absurd! What an insensitive & cruel thing to say!! 😡

I think they would get a lot of respect, including from me, if they did one of their classic ‘what’s really going on’ vids and addressed the fact that they took a huge risk leaving jobs and moving but they thought (naively) that they’d get jobs and a home and that the pandemic has left them in a situation they didn’t expect. Therefore things are hard and realistically they won’t have Theo own place or money for a long time and they are struggling with that idea. If they really honestly talked about how CV is affecting their plans and pregnancy, rather than ‘its crap’/‘it will all be ok though’ that they flip between, then I’d say ‘fair enough’ and then Sophie can actually hold her head up high(er) and own her situation a little more.

I agree with Tessie.

I think they're naff. I think they're materialistic and frankly quite horrible in their transparency in desiring a girl over a boy. I get it, in a way, honestly, because if I could choose I'd have a girl myself. I think girls are wonderful. BUT my priority would ALWAYS be with its health and with my giving it the very best it could possibly have. The poor little thing didn't ask to be brought into the world, and so far its only crime is the 'wrong' gender, and being born in a world so very unsuited to a pair of materialistic leechers like S and D. I may daydream of a little girl with flowercrowns and dresses like Sophie does, but if I had a boy, that daydream would become adorable jumpers, cute little sneakers and dad jeans, haha.

BUT, I don't think they'd give it up. Lord knows I'd hope their maternal/paternal bonds would kick in when it arrives and they'd step up to the mark. To say they'd even consider "giving it up" trivialises such a huge, monumental thing some parents are forced to go through, and I'm SURE it was said in jest here, but c;'mon, guys.

They'll fake it till they make it, bide their time while the lockdown is happening, and pray to god donations and "youtube yummy mummy" views pay for a lifestyle to support it. I think it's grotesque how infrequently they're talking about the actual baby or its future. There's all sorts of content they could do. Sure, they can't go anywhere to shop, but where's the "Browsing for Baby Brown's Pram!" video, with screenshots and ideas? Plenty of websites they could use for inspiration, if nothing else. Why not a new, actually positive "baby names" video, where they DON'T make it clear they'd rather have a girl? Why not a cute bonding video of them two of them, shock horror acting as though they're a couple, cuddled up, discussing their hopes and dreams for it? Talk about how they'll step up when lockdown is over, and how they can't wait to tell their baby how the world was when he was born?

I'm not a Mum, I don't massively want to be, haha, but I could think of a thousand sentimental, beautiful videos they could do from the comfort of their couch. But they aren't. Because what they'd LIKE to be doing is wasting money in Mothercare and posting "baby haul" videos. And they can't. SO they do nothing instead and rely on idiots giving them money for doing nothing. Honestly they ARE a complete inspiration. I wish I could get hundreds of dollars for sitting on my arse all day. Oh well.

Their uploading is so bad. If their next video is a live to get money I will look awful.

Their uploading is so bad. If their next video is a live to get money I will look awful.
their next video will either be a happy video promoting their new merch and acting as if nothing is wrong OR another video of her crying in the thumbnail about how terrible things are and why they haven’t uploaded.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.