Sophie and Dave #40 Soaf’s a liar and dressed like Mrs Doubtfire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My mum and dad have to deal with children services quite a lot with their job
And even when covid was going on, reports were checked within 3 working days. So if Sophie and dave did get reported, especially when there is literal video evidence and not just hearsay, they'd have a hard time trying to defend themselves
Yeah, I think there is enough evidence to warrant a section 47 safeguarding investigation. Without a doubt.

The window sill photo really does highlight how little fucks Soaf gives about Barneys safety.

Reactions: 9
Yeah, I think there is enough evidence to warrant a section 47 safeguarding investigation. Without a doubt.
Unfortunately not :( I work closely with Children’s Services as part of my job (same ish area as these two donuts), and unfortunately due to how under funded and under resourced Social Workers are, the threshold for a section 47 has gotten higher and higher. If someone were to send any evidence to Children’s Services (such as the insta photos), it’s more likely they would have a discussion with Soph and Dave and try and prevent it from escalating to sec. 47. It’s a huge assessment/piece of work so it’s not always as simple as a social worker initiating one the second they get a complaint about a child

Also I really doubt they’ve already been spoken to by them as that would have triggered a MAJOR breakdown and even they wouldn’t be dumb enough to post that (horrific!!!!!!) picture of Barney on the windowsill!

Not that I’m defending them mind you. I am just as worried about Banners about the rest of you, including the apparent lack of emotional warmth and connection between Soaf and him. I just know in the current climate (I’m not even talking about COVID tbh, I’m talking about the lack of social workers which pre dates covid by years), the likelihood of the evidence we’ve seen progressing to sec 47 is low, based on my experience

Reactions: 15
Can NOT believe Dave has reshared that picture of Barney looking terrified on the window sill 😳🤬

its not funny or clever Dave! For goodness saje step in an look after your precious boy 🥺!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Soph reminds me of Jeremy from Peep show where he joins the 'cult'. Sounds like that female group thing she has joined.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Unfortunately not :( I work closely with Children’s Services as part of my job (same ish area as these two donuts), and unfortunately due to how under funded and under resourced Social Workers are, the threshold for a section 47 has gotten higher and higher. If someone were to send any evidence to Children’s Services (such as the insta photos), it’s more likely they would have a discussion with Soph and Dave and try and prevent it from escalating to sec. 47. It’s a huge assessment/piece of work so it’s not always as simple as a social worker initiating one the second they get a complaint about a child

Also I really doubt they’ve already been spoken to by them as that would have triggered a MAJOR breakdown and even they wouldn’t be dumb enough to post that (horrific!!!!!!) picture of Barney on the windowsill!

Not that I’m defending them mind you. I am just as worried about Banners about the rest of you, including the apparent lack of emotional warmth and connection between Soaf and him. I just know in the current climate (I’m not even talking about COVID tbh, I’m talking about the lack of social workers which pre dates covid by years), the likelihood of the evidence we’ve seen progressing to sec 47 is low, based on my experience
It’s good to get an insight into Cheshire local authority. Our local authority has a much lower threshold but we see many more families in poverty and lower income families. Lots of drug and alcohol abuse sadly.

It’s awful!!

And what is she on about now?! Soaf, your 30 and your husband is 35. You don’t own a home, you have a 15 month old son and no savings 😂 why are you talking like some 18 year old 😂😂😂😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It’s good to get an insight into Cheshire local authority. Our local authority has a much lower threshold but we see many more families in poverty and lower income families. Lots of drug and alcohol abuse sadly.

It’s awful!!

And what is she on about now?! Soaf, your 30 and your husband is 35. You don’t own a home, you have a 15 month old son and no savings 😂 why are you talking like some 18 year old 😂😂😂😂
My first thought with this was either it's about Dave, or about her business idea that has died a death

Also the photo of Barney on the window... his ribs are high up like he's holding his breath? Very odd.

Reactions: 13
My first thought with this was either it's about Dave, or about her business idea that has died a death

Also the photo of Barney on the window... his ribs are high up like he's holding his breath? Very odd.
Children do that when they are bleeping terrified.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Sophie, hun, whilst I think your story refers to you realising your 'secret project' is going to be too much work so you're sacking it off, there's actually something far deeper it also applies to.

The thing you truly 'thought you wanted but no longer do' is motherhood. Unfortunately it is NOT okay to 'change your mind' and you cannot 'start over' because Barney is not a dog and you cannot rehome him. You can run away from your degree, you can run away from YouTube, you can run away from your 'secret project', heck, you can even run away from Dave, but Barney?! He's forever sweetheart and he deserves so much more than what you give.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
I feel like I cba to hate watch anymore. What they are doing to Barney is too upsetting. They are absolutely disgusting.

I’ve never known anyone like Sophie. All these ducking quotes about making changes to life and making things better. Yeh that’s all well and good but she had a baby what 15/16 months ago and it’s like he’s been a massive disappointment and obstacle in her lazy life. I pray to god she doesn’t have more kids. The lack of love shown to Barney is awful to watch. Dave is a rubbish Dad as well, he seems to do sod all with him.

It’s uncomfortable that they have a big platform online tbh. If you’re so bothered about Barneys privacy don’t show him one single bit anymore. I really do worry about his future.

Sophie, hun, whilst I think your story refers to you realising your 'secret project' is going to be too much work so you're sacking it off, there's actually something far deeper it also applies to.

The thing you truly 'thought you wanted but no longer do' is motherhood. Unfortunately it is NOT okay to 'change your mind' and you cannot 'start over' because Barney is not a dog and you cannot rehome him. You can run away from your degree, you can run away from YouTube, you can run away from your 'secret project', heck, you can even run away from Dave, but Barney?! He's forever sweetheart and he deserves so much more than what you give.
this is just so accurate 🙌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I feel like I cba to hate watch anymore. What they are doing to Barney is too upsetting. They are absolutely disgusting.

I’ve never known anyone like Sophie. All these ducking quotes about making changes to life and making things better. Yeh that’s all well and good but she had a baby what 15/16 months ago and it’s like he’s been a massive disappointment and obstacle in her lazy life. I pray to god she doesn’t have more kids. The lack of love shown to Barney is awful to watch. Dave is a rubbish Dad as well, he seems to do sod all with him.

It’s uncomfortable that they have a big platform online tbh. If you’re so bothered about Barneys privacy don’t show him one single bit anymore. I really do worry about his future.
I was utterly convinced she hates motherhood and would never have another. Now, I am afraid that she will forget how much hard work babies are and go again.

They will see the fact that Barney is content to sit in front a screen for every waking moment as them having succeeded at parenthood because it minimising their input. They'll pat themselves on the back and think it's easy and then decide to have another. Completely oblivious to the fact that Barney is merely existing and not living.

Whilst I don't believe for a second Barney's life would be any different if he had been a girl I do think Sophie probably believes a girl would be 'more fun' and is naive enough to think things will be different if she has a girl.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It really says something that a) they think it’s ok to stand a baby in a window b) stand him there ALONE c) stand or sit far back enough to take a picture and d) post it on social media thinking it’s FUNNY. Are they off their bleeping heads? He is also wearing a baby grow which would not give him any grip any way but the fact that it’s too big he could even easier trip. I am honestly so angry that they would do this to their child? There’s no way he got up there himself they are so bleeping idiotic

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Yeah, Barney would probably be on a boat with us Tattlers because you would have bleeping left him in the Jumproo on the titanic Soaf. (This is from Soafs insta stories FYI!)

You are the only Mum who DESERVES guilt! You should feel guilty that your son doesn’t have shoes and is dumped in front of a TV all day!

You should feel guilty that you throw scraps at him like a dog. Where was Barneys evening meal whilst you and Dave binge ate pizza? Really healthy Dave! How about you make your own? Or stay away from those foods that made you 30 stone pal!

View attachment 807415

Barney is dosed up on cough medication, shoved in a jumparoo and left to watch TV.

I don’t know a single 15 month old that wouldn’t be screaming to get out after a few minutes.

I think he is overmedicated to keep him quiet
I think exactly the same most pics of Barney his eyes look drowsy, he sleeps a lot for 15 months. I feel she wants somebody to report her to child protection, the things she films are not normal. Barney dumped in the jumperoo, his cot, their bedroom, always holding him face forward of course, anything so he cant roam around free. The lastb instagram pic last night is the truth, as long as soapie and chop are ok thats all that matters. The post of Barney on the window ledge in a sleepsuit that is to big is horrific, he looks terrified. Shame on you evil witch. Never in my life have I wanted to punch those big big teeth down her throat!! An earlier comment said the shopping part on the last tit show, monster and rice krispies bars are a duck you to dave now he should start doing the same, call her out on her tit!! You have gone along with every neglectful thing when it comes to Barney, so you deserve her telling all your followers that's why you're not losing weight!!! . Still no shoes for Barney while she's prancing around in new clothes, makes me sick. Where are sophs sisters, the grandparents ffs. Ive said before she throws any old tit in a bowl for Barney to eat and ive said before does Barney have any tea, the odd time they go out or mainly the shops, 170z of watery formula milk is tea, me thinks. Cant have Barney go past bedtime the only time they're happy with him. At the end of the day a little boy is being neglected whats to do? I reckon they've split hence the secret location gym, two huge liars, I'd say its his digs.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10

It’s awful!!

Some 18 year old 😂😂😂😂
I know exactly what you mean! Seems a sad state of affairs because they clearly aren’t parenting Barney well :( poor dab!! I’m amazed she even keeps all the footage in, like when he keeps calling her Soaf!

There seem to be quite a few influencers out there having children for not good enough reasons like seeing them as cash cows for their channels etc. Some of those children won’tbe having their emotional needs met at all :( and we will end up with a generation with lots of adjustment issues!

influencer culture has just got to stop!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I just showed my other half that photo, didn’t say anything just asked him what he thought. He said ‘what the duck… that baby looks terrified, like he’s holding on for dear life’
HOW DO THEY THINK THIS IS OKAY?

• Angry
  • Sad

THIS!!!!!!! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 Hit the nail on the head!!!

Reactions: 3

It’s awful!!

When you have a climber they climb up forwards. They don’t turn themselves around for a while. If he got up there he would be facing the window.

also, from her picture I’m assuming her changing her mind and not doing things is giving up on the secret buisness

THIS!!!!!!! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 Hit the nail on the head!!!
I think Sophie has this idea of motherhood in her head, similar to naive girls.
I have a friend that's wildly naive (her bf is a waste of space, that even though yes he has a job, he spends about £500 of his salary a month on weed), and she sits and says about Thomas that he's such an easy baby and she could definitely cope with being a parent.
I just laughed at her and said she's seeing him in the pram asleep when were walking around the shops.
She didn't see the first two nights where he screamed because he was too hot and we didn't understand because the hospital kept going on about wrapping him up.
She didn't see the first few weeks of getting up for night feeds.
I am very lucky that Thomas has slept through the night since 5 weeks but I know that is rare.

I think Sophie is like my friend, she likes the part of motherhood she sees- the cute insta photos and the family vlog opportunities.

Not the rocking them to sleep and letting them fall asleep on their chest and not moving for hours just so they can nap.
The having only 5 minutes to get a shower because your other half is working full time.

Has she ever sang to Barney? I sing to Thomas every day because it makes him smile.
Did she ever ask Barney to tell her stories ro encourage him to "talk" like babies do.
Did she ever show when parenting is tough and you panic thinking you couldn't possible be doing a good enough job, but then your child smiles at you and suddenly you know you love them and they love you and that is enough for you.
You don't need anything else.

Obviously not, because Sophie needs 100 dresses and a trip to Disney world to be happy.
Her little boys happiness and health isn't enough.

• Heart
I understand the argument people say Barney is not at the level he needs intervention as he has a roof over his head, is (under)fed and (inappropriately) dressed, and yes there are of course kids out there who are being much more significantly harmed, but that doesn't mean it's ok for Barney to be treated how he does! Just because he's not the "most" neglected child doesn't mean there shouldn't be some intervention and a serious talking to soaf and slave. Getting restrained in a walker/jumperoo isn't ok, dumping tiny amounts of food in front of him like a dog isn't ok, not having weather appropriate clothing isn't ok, getting made to nap in a buggy in direct sunlight cos you need to film in his room isn't ok, allowing your dog to get run of the house/his toys/play areas and not even sanitising them before he inevitably puts them in his mouth isn't ok and allowing him and encouraging him to play with electrical sockets and light fittings is far from ok. It's so distressing to see this unfold and it's absolutely out of order that no one, no doctors, healthcare, services, friends or family has stepped in and had a serious conversation about what's happening with them.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I think Sophie has this idea of motherhood in her head, similar to naive girls.
I have a friend that's wildly naive (her bf is a waste of space, that even though yes he has a job, he spends about £500 of his salary a month on weed), and she sits and says about Thomas that he's such an easy baby and she could definitely cope with being a parent.
I just laughed at her and said she's seeing him in the pram asleep when were walking around the shops.
She didn't see the first two nights where he screamed because he was too hot and we didn't understand because the hospital kept going on about wrapping him up.
She didn't see the first few weeks of getting up for night feeds.
I am very lucky that Thomas has slept through the night since 5 weeks but I know that is rare.

I think Sophie is like my friend, she likes the part of motherhood she sees- the cute insta photos and the family vlog opportunities.

Not the rocking them to sleep and letting them fall asleep on their chest and not moving for hours just so they can nap.
The having only 5 minutes to get a shower because your other half is working full time.

Has she ever sang to Barney? I sing to Thomas every day because it makes him smile.
Did she ever ask Barney to tell her stories ro encourage him to "talk" like babies do.
Did she ever show when parenting is tough and you panic thinking you couldn't possible be doing a good enough job, but then your child smiles at you and suddenly you know you love them and they love you and that is enough for you.
You don't need anything else.

Obviously not, because Sophie needs 100 dresses and a trip to Disney world to be happy.
Her little boys happiness and health isn't enough.
Like when people compare themselves to parents or say they could parent cause they have a dog… right… I’ll just send my toddler to his cage for a minute when he’s being naughty! It’s hard work and she’s lazy

Reactions: 10
I think she saw her sister thrive at motherhood and she wanted to copy that.

Soaf, you failed.

Jess Ratbag clearly has a natural mothering ability. Wilf seems like a happy, spoilt child and Penelope will never want for anything. She seems to enjoy motherhood, she buys her children lovely things, she puts effort into making their life nice. She bought them a massive eyesore of a garden play equipment but no doubt those children will enjoy it for years to come. She breastfed as she was able to (not all mothers are able to, I wasn't)....she clearly had a traumatic birth with Wilf but spent money on making Penelopes birth less awful and it worked for her.

She also has the financial security behind her so didn't need to exploit her babies first year to make money on the internet. I mean, I'm no Jess Ratbags fan but clearly, she puts her children in weather appropriate clothing. They look clean and well fed. Jess isn't on instagram doing 'reels of autumn fashion.' If anything, her latest photo is her with a mum bun breastfeeding her baby in an outfit I wear daily....jumper and jeans.

She clearly made an effort for Wilfs birthday (I mean Jess I wish you hadn't had broken covid rules because we used to be a big fan of you here... you were a working mum and made your sister look like a right joke) but here we are. But I just feel like, Soaf always wanted what Jess had.

Soaf wanted that first girl of the family and I still think she feels pissed off that she wasn't the first one in the family to have a girl.

Also, just 2 posts from Jess' instagram and you can see where Soaf has copied her..........these photos are from 2019 FYI

Screenshot 2021-10-13 at 13.17.56.png
Screenshot 2021-10-13 at 13.18.56.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.