Sophie and Dave #4 Dave’s still so flabby, Sophie’s so grabby, they're not ready for the babby!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really don't see them getting a house within the next year, unless they have help from their parents and contribute nothing to the house. Even then, I wonder what it would be like getting a mortgage when neither of them can show that they have a stable job.
I did find it weird she said 'the videos don't make us money anymore'.
I think Dave probably does feel worse than Sophie - she comes across alot like she expects him to sort stuff out and I notice he is always given her compliments and looking after her and she does jack for him.
What a shambles.

Also her Instagram story - completely dry eye and suggesting that she is teary.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I really don't see them getting a house within the next year, unless they have help from their parents and contribute nothing to the house. Even then, I wonder what it would be like getting a mortgage when neither of them can show that they have a stable job.
I think Dave probably does feel worse than Sophie - she comes across alot like she expects him to sort stuff out and I notice he is always given her compliments and looking after her and she does jack for him.
What a shambles.

I doubt they would qualify for a mortgage either to be honest, due to the reasons you stated. Also, they seem to move about so much for Daves “acting career”, I don’t see where they would stay put long enough. I think they would struggle for sure to get anything up North never mind close to London.

Reactions: 5
I’m sorry but being in your 30s and neither of you having worked a career route they are not going to own a house. Most people have a mortgage of 30+ years now when they start out. If they got one next year that’d make Dave 65 by the time they’d paid it off. Seeings as they don’t have money for essentials I don’t see how they will save for a deposit in the next few years.

I’m not saying people can’t buy in their 30s but people with no work ethic or the inability to save won’t be buying. It’s a commitment which these two just don’t know how to do.

These two will never prioritise anything over going to Disney anyway, if they set themselves £20,000 to save for a deposit (which isn’t huge with prices as they are at the moment) they’d keep spending it every time they got to say £5k. These two don’t even prioritise their own child over going to Disney!

Even if they did scrape the money together who would lend to them anyway?

When Sophie was at home with her Mum when Dave was on tour she could of worked and saved everything she could Of, NMW at the time was £7.83 x 37 hours a week is over £16,000 a year. I’m sure she could of lived frugally (bearing in mind she isn’t a social butterfly and lives at home) and saved £10,000. Even if she’d of done it the opposite and saved 6,000 and lived off £10,000 obviously I know she would of had deductions to take out like tax etc, but come on! What a wasted opportunity, plus she could of been doing so much on her Sophie Belle channel.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Youtube is so important as a creative outlet, people do it because they love it....
Our channel isn't making much money.... so we're not doing much (except cashpoint Tuesday)
I take that to mean they don't love it, but just do it for money?

Also as someone who was told by a parent that they wouldn't have had me if they had known I had the genetic condition I have, I was really triggered by Sophie saying they wouldn't have got pregnant if they had known about Covid. I know it's not an ideal situation, but I kinda see that as wishing Barney didn't exist due to the current situation....

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I hear adsense money is down for youtubers due to pandemic, some saying it is around 50% less than before Covid, so their youtube income has probably dropped. I wish them well, they just need to get a grip. Wonder if Dave's work will start asking people back soon.

She said there's is down 60 per cent and another girl she watched is down 80.

I’m sorry but being in your 30s and neither of you having worked a career route they are not going to own a house. Most people have a mortgage of 30+ years now when they start out. If they got one next year that’d make Dave 65 by the time they’d paid it off. Seeings as they don’t have money for essentials I don’t see how they will save for a deposit in the next few years.

I’m not saying people can’t buy in their 30s but people with no work ethic or the inability to save won’t be buying. It’s a commitment which these two just don’t know how to do.

These two will never prioritise anything over going to Disney anyway, if they set themselves £20,000 to save for a deposit (which isn’t huge with prices as they are at the moment) they’d keep spending it every time they got to say £5k. These two don’t even prioritise their own child over going to Disney!

Even if they did scrape the money together who would lend to them anyway?

When Sophie was at home with her Mum when Dave was on tour she could of worked and saved everything she could Of, NMW at the time was £7.83 x 37 hours a week is over £16,000 a year. I’m sure she could of lived frugally (bearing in mind she isn’t a social butterfly and lives at home) and saved £10,000. Even if she’d of done it the opposite and saved 6,000 and lived off £10,000 obviously I know she would of had deductions to take out like tax etc, but come on! What a wasted opportunity, plus she could of been doing so much on her Sophie Belle channel.
Brilliant post and sums up exactly why those two are in the situation they're in. Sophie had every opportunity to work that year but stuck at a part-time job for a couple of weeks before deciding she'd rather mope around the house doing FA instead. Barely vlogged, either. Sound familiar?

Reactions: 13
I just can't get over that vlog. She made out that we would get a really honest chat about what they were feeling with pregnancy, why she was down, where they were at etc and there really was hardly anything. It was all about the merch and the reason she was upset was because maybe they shouldn't be selling it now. I was honestly shocked. I expected a real talk about feeling nervous, overwhelmed, unprepared etc but nothing except there are no houses to look at and the couple of 2nd hand baby gros we have are in a bag at the moment. So what? I have a house but my nursery furniture can't arrive yet (ordered in Jan) so my baby stuff isn't folded in the drawers either. Is that it? She doesn't seem at all interested in this baby :(

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I just couldn't get through that video.
"I didn't want t to address the hate...." *wipes away non-existent tear*
Shut up you stupid cow, its both your fault you're in the position you're in. Do they really think they'd be any better off if there wasn't a pandemic?

Reactions: 11
What a shambles.

There’s no way they’d qualify for a mortgage. I’m betting they have credit cards etc that need paying off especially when she has the car on loan too. But even if they both went full time YouTuber and actually managed to survive off of the income, banks are still reluctant to give mortgages to youtubers. One of my friends has a brother who is a gaming YouTuber and he earns a decent amount from it but he had to go to a smaller bank before they even considered him for a mortgage after years of being self employed because they don’t view it as a stable job. I’ve heard that a lot of youtubers just have to save and buy their house outright. I’m doubtful whether they even declare their income which is important for having years worth of self employed tax returns to get approved.

Reactions: 12
Didn't watch the entire video but sped through it to see snippets.

It doesn't surprise me they're selling pins again. I didn't really watch them when they got married or had the honeymoon but weren't they selling pins for that too? So they got their 'fans' to pay for the honeymoon and now they want them to pay for living accommodation and items for their baby. What the duck.

It annoys me that they think it's ok to beg for money on their YouTube. It's hard times for everyone Sophie and Dave.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
My mum would be absolutely disguisted at me if I was doing what they’re doing, genuinely. I was always taught to always have my own money and to never rely on ANYONE.

There’s no way they’d qualify for a mortgage. I’m betting they have credit cards etc that need paying off especially when she has the car on loan too. But even if they both went full time YouTuber and actually managed to survive off of the income, banks are still reluctant to give mortgages to youtubers. One of my friends has a brother who is a gaming YouTuber and he earns a decent amount from it but he had to go to a smaller bank before they even considered him for a mortgage after years of being self employed because they don’t view it as a stable job. I’ve heard that a lot of youtubers just have to save and buy their house outright. I’m doubtful whether they even declare their income which is important for having years worth of self employed tax returns to get approved.
I agree. I have to say this is when I think of jade billington and Matt and realised that they definitely have their head switched on. They both have jobs and seem to go YouTube as a side note. It's shocking when you think jade had double the followers of Sophie on Instagram and still works and Sophie just flits between jobs not doing anything stable -, I have to wonder why they are friends? Can't see them having the same priorities and ethics.

My mum would be absolutely disguisted at me if I was doing what they’re doing, genuinely. I was always taught to always have my own money and to never rely on ANYONE.
I really do wonder what the conversations are like with family members. My dad would be utterly bereft if I had got myself in that situation.

No one on here has said that they should have bought a house before getting pregnant, but they should have a stable home of their own, and if that’s rented, then so be it. There is nothing wrong with renting, especially if Dave is still wanting to carry on acting, and could potentially be moving here there and everywhere following it.
But they have made there chances of buying so much harder, someone said earlier, Sophie lived at home when Dave was on tour, that was the perfect time to save for a deposit. But don’t forget, we’re talking about the girl that spent her student loan on a trip to Disney!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I thought this. Do you think the laziest, dumbest couple on YouTube would be declaring any of their income? I doubt it. No tax returns for them.

“We don’t know how.”

• Haha
I think that video was disgusting how anyone can support these two after they admitted in the video they’re not making as much content as they’re not getting as much money from it? Aka we don’t make vlogs for you we make it for the money?? And sophie has said they want their viewers to help them get into their new house?? They must have thought they wouldend up getting a lot of gifted items etc as some other influencers have and that hasn’t turned out to be the case and now they’re left with nothing, deny it all you want. You don’t want to pay for a single thing yourselves you greedy selfish freeloaders

• Angry
Reactions: 16
I don’t get the obsession with them getting a house 6 weeks before she is full term. Why bother spending the last 6 weeks before the baby comes hunting around for a home, decorating, moving furniture and stressing about credit checks? Use the last 6 weeks to prepare for your baby. Buy clothing, practise hypnobirthing, go over your birth plan, it’s too late now to be moving into a house so just appreciate the situation for what it is. Focus on the baby and feel grateful that you have a family around you to help you. Some women are giving birth alone in hostels and refuge centres.

They are so lucky to have a supportive family around them who will more than likely be helping with feeds and helping through the night but they can’t seem to see the benefits of this. They still have a home It just happens to be with Sophie’s family.

It makes me really upset because I’ve sympathised with them (and still do to an extent, I know that’s not the norm of the forum but I understand why they can feel anxious) but I feel like they are manipulating their situation to make it look much worse than it is and getting the sympathy of expectant parents who WILL be doing this on their own.

Going through a first pregnancy in a pandemic is really really crappy, I’m not denying that but Sophie and Dave managed to have time tcelebrate with family, to go shopping and coo over baby things. They have had time to find out their babies gender, they’ve had midwives appointments in person, they‘ve had scans and they even had a gender reveal party. When Sophie’s comes back from hospital after having her baby she’s going to a home, surrounded by her family to help her and to meet her baby, unlike other new parents. They’ve been very lucky to be able to have these experiences that a lot of people can’t have now.
Sorry for the rant.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I started reading the comments on the video and had to stop because I got too angry.

I presumed their audience were teens who maybe hadn't realised yet that a stable job and a home are basic requirements before deciding to bring a child into the world, but it appears I am wrong.

How can anyone be supportive of their life choices?!

I am very bitter about this as we have chosen not to start a family with financial reasons playing the biggest part. I am the main breadwinner and my company doesn't provide maternity pay.

I didn't realise that it would be perfectly acceptable for us to get pregnant, sell our home, pack up all our possessions and pets in the car and turn up on my mum's doorstep telling her I've come home.

What these two have done is not okay and it is so important that we speak up about it.

Just had a google of how much it would cost to make pins, and assuming they'll make about 1000 (selling them for £8 each) ? they could buy each pin for under 50p, thats a profit of £6.50 (with the £1 supposedly going to charity). That's a lot!!!
Anyone know how many pins they sold last time?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.