Sophie and Dave #4 Dave’s still so flabby, Sophie’s so grabby, they're not ready for the babby!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My friend is due before sophie. She’s managed to buy everything before and during this pandemic. Nursery is completely done. Hospital bag already packed. Excuses excuses for Sophie.
It’s sad reading the comments from other expectant mothers on her Instagram saying “I know how you feel! I’m due in 2 weeks and I’m scared!” Sophie still has 10 more weeks to sort things out and these poor women are potentially having to give birth alone, soon. What she’s feeling is completely valid but I just find the comments of others relating to her dad when they’re due so much sooner and things could be so different 10 weeks from now.

Why should they get a council house because they chose to make themselves homeless? They had a home. Shouldn't be handed everything on a plate, clothes, money, pregnancy pillows, homes...🙄🙄 i'm sure there are families living in bedsits, mums in mum and baby units, homeless people, vulnerable adults, (the list goes on) who need them more. Barney has a home. No it's not ideal but it's warm and safe for now until they get back on their feet with Dave going back to work and house viewings start again.

I 100% agree these feelings she's having are natural but that doesn't excuse not having a single nappy for a baby due in 10 weeks.
I feel like surely a good 50% of her anxiety over the situation would go away if she just bought everything she needed and felt more prepared? Child birth and parenthood itself is scary coronavirus or not but ticking a few things off your todo list would make you feel better about things? No? 😅

Reactions: 11
It’s sad reading the comments from other expectant mothers on her Instagram saying “I know how you feel! I’m due in 2 weeks and I’m scared!” Sophie still has 10 more weeks to sort things out and these poor women are potentially having to give birth alone, soon. What she’s feeling is completely valid but I just find the comments of others relating to her dad when they’re due so much sooner and things could be so different 10 weeks from now.

I feel like surely a good 50% of her anxiety over the situation would go away if she just bought everything she needed and felt more prepared? Child birth and parenthood itself is scary coronavirus or not but ticking a few things off your todo list would make you feel better about things? No? 😅
💯!
Here’s the thing, this whole Coronavirus thing has got way more serious than I’m sure most people ever though possible. I know that’s how I felt about it. Coronavirus aside, life happens, tit happens and sometimes you just have to make the most of a bad situation until it passes. I have mentioned this a few times so I apologise if I seem like a broken record but like 1000s of other women in this country, I’m pregnant too. Only 23 weeks so not due for a while. I have been buying bits and pieces for our baby in our weekly shop. You can still order online etc. Heck, people are still selling things on Facebook market place etc and stating they will leave it outside for people to collect etc. There’s ways and means for everything. Is it ideal? Of course not but let’s be honest, they’re in no position to be fussy at this point. I think Sophie likes to bury her head in the sand until the last minute but when it comes to giving birth? He’ll come when he’s ready, he won’t wait for them to get a house and have the nursery gifted to them so they need to just get on with it now.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
The problem with Sophie is that she wants to portray a certain image. So I have no doubt she will want a certain type and colour of pram, a certain type of house and style but she needs to let all of that image stuffed go as a baby is on the way. I always think about that time they were sleeping on a mattress with no bed but had afforded to go to disney. It's embarrassing but it just affected them so didn't really matter. Now they have a baby on the way they can't do stuff like that. They really need to change how they view everything and how they choose to live. They need to get more stable jobs, save for a while and out sorting a house first before Disney and blogging. Honestly think there blog will be gone in 12 months.

Reactions: 14
The problem with Sophie is that she wants to portray a certain image. So I have no doubt she will want a certain type and colour of pram, a certain type of house and style but she needs to let all of that image stuffed go as a baby is on the way. I always think about that time they were sleeping on a mattress with no bed but had afforded to go to disney. It's embarrassing but it just affected them so didn't really matter. Now they have a baby on the way they can't do stuff like that. They really need to change how they view everything and how they choose to live. They need to get more stable jobs, save for a while and out sorting a house first before Disney and blogging. Honestly think there blog will be gone in 12 months.
Thing is she’s now got these fancy clothes from her friend. Plain white baby grows and vests, socks etc from Asda will look exactly the same as any from next she might be eyeing up, I’m pretty sure George Asda are doing click and collect. Also places like Superdrug still have relatively fast delivery so she can just order nappies, wipes, formula etc from there if it’s going into the shops that’s putting her off. It’s less fun than going to pick it out yourself but nothing is fun anymore, you can still window shop for things online. Also she’s starting the hypnobirthing thing now I always thought that was something you had to mentally work on for months?

Reactions: 5
Thing is she’s now got these fancy clothes from her friend. Plain white baby grows and vests, socks etc from Asda will look exactly the same as any from next she might be eyeing up, I’m pretty sure George Asda are doing click and collect. Also places like Superdrug still have relatively fast delivery so she can just order nappies, wipes, formula etc from there if it’s going into the shops that’s putting her off. It’s less fun than going to pick it out yourself but nothing is fun anymore, you can still window shop for things online. Also she’s starting the hypnobirthing thing now I always thought that was something you had to mentally work on for months?
Some hypnobirthing coaches suggest to start practising it at 30 weeks pregnant but personally I started researching it as soon as I found out I was pregnant. Still I think they should have been researching options a little bit earlier. Especially if their baby was planned.
I think they need to push ideas of a house and a Disney holiday to the side now and focus on preparing for the baby and the delivery. I completely get where she’s coming from feeling anxious about it but she’s at home with her family and has that extra support around her which is a lot more than a lot of first time mums pregnant in the pandemic have ATM. She’s very lucky compared to most. Either way I hope that they manage to sort themselves out

She clearly romanticised the whole idea of being pregnant her whole life but now it’s a reality I think she’s shitting it. They really didn’t think this through and clearly weren’t expecting to get pregnant so soon. From the way she spoke about wanting kids I imagined the minute she became pregnant that her channel and insta would be filled with baby content but no? it’s weird.

I think maybe she’s slightly bitter that she’s been pregnant through lockdown so she can’t swan about in town buying clothes for herself and the baby, taking pictures, etc. I always felt like she wanted to be pregnant more than have a child? I don’t know if that sounds weird but there seems to be no excitement at all?? she’s lucky she has family and a partner, there will be some women out there doing this alone during this already testing time.

Reactions: 13
I agree TOTALLY with the above two comments. I’ve said this before that’s she’s always wanted to exude yummy mummy, but never really grasped that a baby and pregnancy is really hard work. She wants to be Anna Saccone with the nanny and the the gifted holidays, but forgets that the Saccone’s have showed their entire life on vlogs for all that. It’s a sacrifice I’m not sure I agree with but that’s the reality. Plus they’ve been doing it for years. Sophie and Dave upload a ten min vlog a week with no content and expect to be gifted a ton of stuff.
Also with that hypnobirthing post, it seems like she expects to just read one book and be ready for birth. As other posters have said, it takes months to mentally prepare. Plus she’s too lazy to put in any work to learn the techniques laid out. She’ll make a mockery of it ‘practicing’ it in a vlog, then won’t ever do it again. I guarantee it!

This is the first time I have ever posted - I’m much more of a lurker on forums - but I just can’t hold it in any longer. Sophie and Dave need to pull their heads out of the clouds. Having dreams is all well and good but right now they need a reality check. Baby will soon be here and I really, really don’t think they have any idea what is about to hit them. Even the most prepared of couples find becoming first time parents hard, so what the hell is it going to be like for Sophie and Dave?

I honestly think that Dave’s acting/musical career is done, so he will naturally become fed up and resentful at having to have a ‘normal’ job. I can’t see Sophie being supportive of him being away on tour or constantly in London once she realises how much hard work children are. And if they find it hard to regularly upload now with no baby, in lockdown with neither of them working, then they’re going to find it impossible to upload once the baby arrives and Dave is back doing night shifts. I think Sophie is banking on their YouTube channel growing and becoming a huge success and everything will magically work itself out but it just isn’t going to happen. They’re not driven enough, aren’t interesting enough and, quite frankly, aren’t likeable enough. Like, in ten years will they have a popular channel that pays their bills full-time? Not a chance. Their YouTube/Instagram certainly won’t be bringing in decent money to keep a roof over their heads or provide for their family, and making crappy little pins as a form of steady income when you’re in your 40s isn’t really going to cut it. They have their ‘dream’ plan A but what is plan B? Or is plan B so unacceptable they can’t even consider it? Dave is going to end up resentful that his dream never took off, Sophie is going to end up resentful that her dream never took off, and they’re both going to be resentful at the way their lives have turned out. Reality is about to hit them like a ton of bricks. This is a recipe for disaster...

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think the reason they're not overjoyed isn't as much because of COVID but because it's not working out the way they imagined. I expect they thought they would move into a big house, be 'gifted' the expensive baby buys like other mum/family youtubers and float their way through pregnancy and birth just on their YouTube earnings.

I still think their channel would do so much better with them being completely honest and tackling the situation head-on, documenting the reality and showing budget hauls etc. I know they both might show parts of their personalities that aren't the best, but I don't think they're inherently bad people at all, just completely caught up in the wannabe influencer trap.
This is the first time I have ever posted - I’m much more of a lurker on forums - but I just can’t hold it in any longer. Sophie and Dave need to pull their heads out of the clouds. Having dreams is all well and good but right now they need a reality check. Baby will soon be here and I really, really don’t think they have any idea what is about to hit them. Even the most prepared of couples find becoming first time parents hard, so what the hell is it going to be like for Sophie and Dave?

I honestly think that Dave’s acting/musical career is done, so he will naturally become fed up and resentful at having to have a ‘normal’ job. I can’t see Sophie being supportive of him being away on tour or constantly in London once she realises how much hard work children are. And if they find it hard to regularly upload now with no baby, in lockdown with neither of them working, then they’re going to find it impossible to upload once the baby arrives and Dave is back doing night shifts. I think Sophie is banking on their YouTube channel growing and becoming a huge success and everything will magically work itself out but it just isn’t going to happen. They’re not driven enough, aren’t interesting enough and, quite frankly, aren’t likeable enough. Like, in ten years will they have a popular channel that pays their bills full-time? Not a chance. Their YouTube/Instagram certainly won’t be bringing in decent money to keep a roof over their heads or provide for their family, and making crappy little pins as a form of steady income when you’re in your 40s isn’t really going to cut it. They have their ‘dream’ plan A but what is plan B? Or is plan B so unacceptable they can’t even consider it? Dave is going to end up resentful that his dream never took off, Sophie is going to end up resentful that her dream never took off, and they’re both going to be resentful at the way their lives have turned out. Reality is about to hit them like a ton of bricks. This is a recipe for disaster...
I agree! I think they've got caught up in the wannabe influencer lifestyle and gained the sense of entitlement that goes with it, except they also have no drive to put the work in. It's a shame they don't just create content around their real situation, budget baby hauls, the struggles of moving and having a baby on a low income in COVID19 etc. if they're banking on YouTube being a reliable enough income source.

• Heart
Our local council are planning to restart their housing advertisements next week, it’s something these two should seriously consider.

Reactions: 1
Our local council are planning to restart their housing advertisements next week, it’s something these two should seriously consider.
Good point, however I’m not sure they would get any kind of priority due to the fact that they made themselves homeless. They both gave up perfectly good jobs and the house they rented to move to Sophie’s family home.

Good point, however I’m not sure they would get any kind of priority due to the fact that they made themselves homeless. They both gave up perfectly good jobs and the house they rented to move to Sophie’s family home.
They are overcrowded though. It probs depends on the area.

Some councils also have rules about how long you’ve been living in there area, they probably would qualify for one but will be on a waiting list and Sophie would have to accept she won’t have the most perfect instagramable house or be in an area she wants to live in 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Some councils also have rules about how long you’ve been living in there area, they probably would qualify for one but will be on a waiting list and Sophie would have to accept she won’t have the most perfect instagramable house or be in an area she wants to live in 😂
More importantly, how would they afford the rent? OK council houses/flats are cheaper than privately renting but Sophie most likely won’t get maternity pay as she wasn’t at her job long enough and if Dave goes back to work, his wage probably wouldn’t cover all bills

Reactions: 4
More importantly, how would they afford the rent? OK council houses/flats are cheaper than privately renting but Sophie most likely won’t get maternity pay as she wasn’t at her job long enough and if Dave goes back to work, his wage probably wouldn’t cover all bills
See I thought about this too. I mean if they’re going to rent a house, you have to prove your income for 3 months with wage slips etc. ( I don’t know how it would work as regards to renting from the council).
I don’t understand how the pay system works through YouTube etc. Do you get anything like an invoice? Payslip? God knows 😂 But I can’t imagine it been a substantial payment even as a part time income.
They don’t really have an income or a job between them so how do they expect to get a house anytime soon? Oh yeah and take Barney to Disney World

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The two of them are unbelievable. The posts Sophie put up on Instagram were embarrassing, saying that she wants to pretend it's not happening, hopefully their child will never see that in the future. I understand it's scary and she wants to bury her head in the sand but IT IS HAPPENING, instead of hiding why don't you actually try and get prepared. They could have their baby anytime in the next couple of weeks and from the looks of things they don't even have a place for him to sleep. I've posted this before on the forum but I'm not sure if Dave even knows he's about to have a baby, he posts more about energy juice.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just because I have seen it said here a lot and I am not sure how it works. If they couldn't afford the house they were in anymore have they "made themselves homeless" as such? or is it the fact they gave up the jobs which then means they made themselves homeless?

Reactions: 2
Ugh Dave’s stories. If only he was as passionate about providing for his family as he is for energy drinks. I worry about the amount of caffeine he needs while doing nothing essentially. When the baby comes along and he’s getting no sleep he’ll need double the amount of caffeine surely just to get through the day. Which can’t be good for his already straining heart.

I think I’m just bitter that as always sophie is all - woe is me. And yet I’ve not been able to even see my mum since all this covid stuff started. I even had to tell her I was pregnant via a Mother’s Day card, as I couldn’t /can’t risk travelling to see her and I was nearing 2nd trimester. I feel absolutely gutted about it, and yet ‘poor old Sophie’ gets to see her mum every day and has even seen her dad in this time. Not denying anyone that but I don’t think she knows how good she has it in some respects.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Ugh Dave’s stories. If only he was as passionate about providing for his family as he is for energy drinks. I worry about the amount of caffeine he needs while doing nothing essentially. When the baby comes along and he’s getting no sleep he’ll need double the amount of caffeine surely just to get through the day. Which can’t be good for his already straining heart.

I think I’m just bitter that as always sophie is all - woe is me. And yet I’ve not been able to even see my mum since all this covid stuff started. I even had to tell her I was pregnant via a Mother’s Day card, as I couldn’t /can’t risk travelling to see her and I was nearing 2nd trimester. I feel absolutely gutted about it, and yet ‘poor old Sophie’ gets to see her mum every day and has even seen her dad in this time. Not denying anyone that but I don’t think she knows how good she has it in some respects.
I’m in exactly the same position.
I hope things improve very soon so you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy ❤

• Heart

And all of her family are going to be able to meet the baby as soon as she’s home, dave’s family are going to have to wait months, along side all those people who are live out of there family homes!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.