Sophie and Dave #4 Dave’s still so flabby, Sophie’s so grabby, they're not ready for the babby!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It genuinely makes me feel anxious that they don’t appear to have much for their baby. Isn’t he due soon? My 2nd daughter was born 2 months early and we had nearly everything we needed. Unless they aren’t really talking about it in the hope of freebies?

I would have thought Dave would have seen this time as the perfect time to get healthier. Cocopop loaded breakfast and necking Iron Bru and energy drinks don't seem the healthy options, especially as you know Dave is going to be left holding the baby because Sophie is too tired.
She’s just turned 30 weeks I think.
I’m 22 weeks pregnant and I’ve been buying nappies, wipes and other bits in my weekly shop. I also just ordered our pushchair today. I honestly don’t know how they haven’t bought anything. I’ve seen a few people say that they’re keeping it quiet if they have bought anything in hopes they will get gifted more things...I mean I wouldn’t put it past them

Reactions: 6
The clothes they are gifted isn't going to be the stuff that they actually need though. I honestly don't know how they aren't ashamed not being prepared and effectively begging for freebies whilst living off her family.

She’s just turned 30 weeks I think.
I’m 22 weeks pregnant and I’ve been buying nappies, wipes and other bits in my weekly shop. I also just ordered our pushchair today. I honestly don’t know how they haven’t bought anything. I’ve seen a few people say that they’re keeping it quiet if they have bought anything in hopes they will get gifted more things...I mean I wouldn’t put it past them
I tried to have most things by 6 Months. I didn’t want to be waddling around the shops 😂 it’s weird to me that they aren’t excited, even if it’s just browsing and buying online. It’s still exciting. They are excited about new weights and rennie’s.

Reactions: 5
So Charlotte Ruff starts her new vlog by saying it's inappropriate to be filming while shopping as you should be as quick as possible in the store. Yes, exactly! Not like that numpty Dave auditioning for BGT while looking for his Monster 🤦

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
I tried to have most things by 6 Months. I didn’t want to be waddling around the shops 😂 it’s weird to me that they aren’t excited, even if it’s just browsing and buying online. It’s still exciting. They are excited about new weights and rennie’s.
😂 that’s my goal too! I find it weird too that they aren’t excited about buying things! I mean don’t get me wrong, I know it all starts to add up but you if you buy little bits at a time , it’s not so bad 🤷‍♀️

That’s my aim also. I’ve got this overwhelming idea that you can literally go into labour at any time after 6 months so it’s always worth being ready 😂

Reactions: 4
😂 that’s my goal too! I find it weird too that they aren’t excited about buying things! I mean don’t get me wrong, I know it all starts to add up but you if you buy little bits at a time , it’s not so bad 🤷‍♀️
This is why most people buy one or two things a week so they can spread the cost! They don’t even have any money so I don’t know why they haven’t started 🙃

You’re all being so dramatic. They have got the essentials.

View attachment 124448
Yeah cause Dave needs more energy drinks in his life 🙄 call it nitpicky but that drink is what £1? A pack of newborn nappies in aldi is 99p?! There's no excuse why they haven't got anything for their son. (If you have stuff please show it in a vlog soph just so I can relax that you're not total imbeciles. Thanks)

Edit - just looked and nappies are 79p!!!!!!

Reactions: 11
A new switch game is probably more than I’ve spent on nappies for my 4 month old! You can buy them so cheap.

she knew her friend was sending clothes but still thought it was nappies.... the box obviously had been resealed so was obvious it was being reused as packaging but she went on for ages about nappies, she came across so dumb in that part of the Vlog.

I feel like her friend sent those things because she was probably in shock Sophie hadn’t got her baby anything, I remember her talking about said friend but I’m sure they didn’t attend their wedding or vice verse... so not that close a friend you’d be sending hand me downs to, IMO.

Reactions: 11
A new switch game is probably more than I’ve spent on nappies for my 4 month old! You can buy them so cheap.

she knew her friend was sending clothes but still thought it was nappies.... the box obviously had been resealed so was obvious it was being reused as packaging but she went on for ages about nappies, she came across so dumb in that part of the Vlog.

I feel like her friend sent those things because she was probably in shock Sophie hadn’t got her baby anything, I remember her talking about said friend but I’m sure they didn’t attend their wedding or vice verse... so not that close a friend you’d be sending hand me downs to, IMO.
But the odd thing was she said it was clothes that Ailie's boy had grown out of but they all had tags still on them. So maybe Ailie had more than she could use or maybe the whole thing was a classic Sophie and Dave set up. Like, if Ailie really is such a great friend why do we rarely hear about her and why wasn't she at the wedding? (As we know Sophie reads here this will be addressed in the next vlog)

Reactions: 9
I don't get why Ailie wasn't at the wedding either, considering Sophie's known her since they were roommates all those years ago during that summer they worked together at Disney (you know, the time Sophie always claims was such a 'turning point' in her life). I actually half-expected Ailie to be one of her bridesmaids.

Still, she doesn't mind taking what's up for grabs though.

4E974A7B-3BFB-443E-AAC8-40E525130638.jpeg

Sophie’s most recent stories.
Starting to feel real and frightening? Firstly, it should have been real the moment you saw (and vlogged🙄) your positive pregnant test. Like I’ve said before, I feel like she wanted the pregnancy and the attention, because what else does she have going for her, but not the actual baby to take care of. And secondly, you should be frightened. You and Dave have done nothing to prepare for this baby. I hope to god she’s read all the books, got all the advice she can, because I truly feel sorry for that little boy if not. I expect for photos and vlogs we’ll see her kissing and cuddling him, just like she does chip. But when the camera is off she’ll palm the crying baby off onto Dave or her mum, like she does with chip.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I have 100% given up on this pair. I just can’t anymore.

I hope they pull their heads out of their asses soon for the sake of their little boy. I wish them all the best in life - they’re going to need it because life isn’t a fairytale. You actually have to WORK for what you want in life.

Adios Sophie and Dave.. it’s been a fun ride✌

• Haha
Reactions: 9
View attachment 124719
Sophie’s most recent stories.
Starting to feel real and frightening? Firstly, it should have been real the moment you saw (and vlogged🙄) your positive pregnant test. Like I’ve said before, I feel like she wanted the pregnancy and the attention, because what else does she have going for her, but not the actual baby to take care of. And secondly, you should be frightened. You and Dave have done nothing to prepare for this baby. I hope to god she’s read all the books, got all the advice she can, because I truly feel sorry for that little boy if not. I expect for photos and vlogs we’ll see her kissing and cuddling him, just like she does chip. But when the camera is off she’ll palm the crying baby off onto Dave or her mum, like she does with chip.

To be fair most people say "it's starting to feel real now" at all different stages of pregnancy.

Reactions: 2
To be fair most people say "it's starting to feel real now" at all different stages of pregnancy.
Oh totally agree, but in fairness, everyone else would have prepared more for a baby that could possibly be here in a few weeks.
I follow another pregnant blogger on insta (who Sophie also follows) who said she’s ordered her pram but it’s going to take 8 weeks to arrive. Surely that should be a wake up call for them!

Totally agree. With the current climate they need to be even more prepared and get stocked up so they don't need to go out and risk extra exposure anyway. And delivery times make it even more important. I really think they probably are so much more prepared but want to use the situation and exploit it as much as possible for freebies by pretending that they aren't.

YES! This was so weird. I don't know how she didn't know that it wasn't nappies in the box :oops:

I have 100% given up on this pair. I just can’t anymore.

I hope they pull their heads out of their asses soon for the sake of their little boy. I wish them all the best in life - they’re going to need it because life isn’t a fairytale. You actually have to WORK for what you want in life.

Adios Sophie and Dave.. it’s been a fun ride✌
I wish I could do this, but I just can’t look away because it’s such a car crash.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.